PDA

View Full Version : bandits brothers mission

Alexsej
04-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Some mafioso send me to kill his brother murderers in Ciudad de Oro.
When I go to Jackal in Ciudad de Oro, he says to me to lure mafioso from
Campecino.
Then both sides attacked me in the outskirts of Campecino.

How to finish this mission??

R@S
04-05-2010, 07:15 PM
***** SPOILER *****

First talk to the mafioso in Sagrada to get the mission, then visit the police station in the same sector and talk to the police guy on the second floor. Be ware and read the dialog, if you ask the wrong question he'll get mad and you won't be able to complete the mission the right way. I think the qestion has something to do with him taking bribes, so don't ask him about that.

Then go to Ciudad-de-Oro, ask a civilan about the missing brother and they'll point you towards a Scoloni or something, a factory owner located by the truck outside said factory. He'll tell you about the Jackal.

Then talk to the Jackal and be nice to him, he'll send you back to the factory owner.

Talk to the factory owner again, this time he'll confess that the brother, Daniel, is still alive.

Talk to the Jackal againj and set up an ambush for the mafioso.

Talk to Daniel and let him live in peace.

Go back to Sagrada and talk to the mafioso, he'll offer a bribe and will tell you to meet him outside the town.

Talk to the police again, tell him everything and he'll agree to help you with the mafioso.

Leave the town and go to the meeting place. Once there kill the mafioso and his guards, i think you can kill the Jackal too without it screwing up the mission. It's the police guy that must survive. When the battle is over there will be a suitcase with 20000 eldos in it lying on the ground, DO NOT PICK IT UP. Take everything else and head back to Sagrada, talk to the police and he'll give you half of the money, 10000 eldos and the mission is complete.

Alexsej
04-06-2010, 05:09 PM
thanx

beepbeep
07-03-2010, 01:37 PM
***** SPOILER *****
Leave the town and go to the meeting place. Once there kill the mafioso and his guards, i think you can kill the Jackal too without it screwing up the mission. It's the police guy that must survive. .

What if he doesn't survive? With the amount of enemy coming in I'm lucky if I survive... Jackal is an enemy anyway...

Does it influence future missions if the Cop dies (I'm playing for the rebels)?

Also, my game is vanilla.

R@S
07-03-2010, 06:27 PM
It's not critical that the police chief survives, but if he doesn't the mission will stay in the active tab as long as you play your current campaign. If you're like me, you'll find that annoying and it should be avoided:)

beepbeep
07-04-2010, 04:21 PM
'Kay, thanks!

QuickDagger
07-19-2010, 11:24 PM
I play this game since BE5 release.

I gess I know the tricks. I´ve finished the game many times, I know this procedure but,

THE POLIECE CHIEFF DIALOG NEVER APPEARS TO ME.

I´ve tried talking with everybody about everybody else first and nothing.

I´ve tried talking with the mafioso then with the chief mentioning the bribe and not mentioning it.

Talking with Amorales first and nothing.

Talking with Mafioso first and nothing.

Talking with Daniel first and nothing.

In all the cases I am able to set the encounter between the mafioso and Amorales but, before the encounter the dialog with the chieff never appears to me.

IceShade
07-20-2010, 02:48 AM
I play this game since BE5 release.

I gess I know the tricks. I´ve finished the game many times, I know this procedure but,

THE POLIECE CHIEFF DIALOG NEVER APPEARS TO ME.

I´ve tried talking with everybody about everybody else first and nothing.

I´ve tried talking with the mafioso then with the chief mentioning the bribe and not mentioning it.

Talking with Amorales first and nothing.

Talking with Mafioso first and nothing.

Talking with Daniel first and nothing.

In all the cases I am able to set the encounter between the mafioso and Amorales but, before the encounter the dialog with the chieff never appears to me.

It is tricky, but when you start the quest, the Mafioso/pimphat suggests that you head over to the police for more information. So right after you've talked to him and accepted the quest, go to the police. Then you can do the rest .. speak to Amorales, the clerk, Daniel, back to Amorales (he then leaves). Go back to the mafioso, he will also leave .. and now tell the police. For 50% of the money (10k) he offers to send his men out.

When you're done fighting off all the enemies, do not pick up the briefcase. Just leave and head back to the police station and get your money. This is the only way the quest will be actually completed. Every other way the quest will be completed, but stays in your quest log. I think.

QuickDagger
07-20-2010, 10:13 PM
.. and now tell the police

This dialog does not appear to me.

Could it have something to do with my game version or a corrupted installation file or something?

R@S
07-21-2010, 06:58 AM
This dialog does not appear to me.

Could it have something to do with my game version or a corrupted installation file or something?It just means you talk too much:-P:grin:

What I mean is, the first time you talk to the police in Sagrada, there is an option to mention money, I think it's the second or third dialog option. you get 2 options, say thanks and goodbye and say something like"you guys like money, don't ya?" Never choose the latter option, it offends the police and that's the reason he wont talk to you the second time. Next time, just try to end the dialog before you offend him.

QuickDagger
07-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Hey R@S,

I know I must not talk about money and must not offend the officer. And, because I know it I don´t do it.

And more, I always save the game prior to this dialog so that I can load it back and try the many options available.

No way!

R@S
07-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Since you can talk to the police the first time, it's not a corrupt INI file. I checked the code and you need to get the Medallion and Passport from Amorales, maybe that's the reason you wont get the second dialog with the police. But that would mean that you wouldn't be able to set up the meeting/ambush.

Other than that, the only reason I can think of is that you might have started using a different set of source code files in the middle of your game, that can cause these kinds of weird errors. In that case you need to start a new game.

QuickDagger
07-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Well,

I use to mess with ini files and you got a point on that.

But, since I´ve installed the game many times and I´ve started it many more times, than it could have happened right at least one time.

But, it is also true that I´ve always played the game using patches and mods, which could be the reason of a corrupted file or something.

So, I might try this mission on a vanilla, then with the addons.

I will let you know about my results. Let´s see what happens.

By the way my High Calibre version is 1.11 build 286.

Dr.Q
09-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Well I wanted to do this mission the right way at least once. It doesn't matter if you talk about Corvinis debts with Querano the first time, he'll still offer to team up on the the two gangs.

To get this mission properly filed & finished, you have to team up with the police after talking to the gang in de Oro and the mafioso. Corvini has to stay alive and you can't touch the money until you get your share at the station.

You can however put the money bag into the trunk and keep it as a souvenir :)

edit: better to do as Ras said, just leaving the bag on the floor is enough, I tried to keep it as a souvenir but then noticed new bugs appearing with the barkeepers...

Redjac
10-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Warning. If you attempt to put the money suitcase in the carrying slot you will totally corrupt every save game associated with this mission, not to mention the crash to desk top that occurs when you grab the suit case.

So don't touch the suitcase. Just imagine how good this game would have been without the bugs. Oh well a good computer game only comes along every ten years.

JackintheBox
10-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Well, i can kind of understand that some players might be bothered by having the mission in the active tab eventhough its finished.

But im not! :grin:

Ive always decided against getting help from the cops.
Not only does it yield more money, it also gives you more Exp for your guys.
Ive done this with 3 Mercs with pretty shitty guns, if i might say so.
To be clear, with the shotty from Santa Maria, a rusty Mosin and a Tommy gun i was able to pul this off without too much trouble.

The good thing is that the Bandits usally dont join the fight right away.
If youre lucky they turn on the gangsters, but that happend like two times out of 20.
If u attack the gangsters with the chinese rifles first you rob them of their range advantage and the rest often just storm towards you.
The bandits sometimes rush you when the gangsters are mostly down, but grenades a some fast guns can counter that.
They dont really have something good to fight you in their arsenal anyway.

@Redjac
Never had a problem with the suitcase, are you sure that you use the community patch?