PDA

View Full Version : Possible to disable this in the current online IL2 game engine, AA Kill-stealing?

Mysticpuma
04-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Okay, I don't know about many servers as pretty much fly my combat time on Warclouds but here's the question.

Currently, you can be in a situation where you spot any aircraft, shoot it down and get nothing for it. No points, No "Enemy Aircraft Destroyed", nothing!

The reason for this is straight-forward, long-standing, annoying and would be a the tiniest bit (actually....hugely) satisfying if it could be removed.

Any aircraft that takes a hit from Anti-Aircraft fire is automatically 'tagged' to that hit. No-matter if the aircraft reaches base, is pummelled by an enemy and shot down, or just crashes the AA has the hit/score/victory.

While I appreciate it's a thankless task for the AI gunners, and they may start rebelling, lets be honest, the pilot who down the aircraft gets nothing.

I am not asking for a shared kills fix (would be nice, but lets be realistic), but is it at-all possible to remove this 'tagging' system that means if you shoot an aircraft down, that has been hit by AA (maybe 5-minutes earlier in an area you were not over, so you have no idea where it's been and that it got hit) that the score can be given to the pilot who shoots it down.

It's sort of a bone of contention in a way, that could go down a kill-stealing route, as currently the last person to get hit on an EA gets the kill, which works if it's Aircraft to Aircraft, but if it is implemented for Aircraft, can the same set of rules be given to AA, so that even if they shoot an aircraft, the last hits that are shot into the E/A, are the ones that count for the server software recognition.

Well, I hope that explains what I'm looking at, in a nutshell, if an AA unit hits an aircraft, please disable it's exclusive right to claim the kill.

Cheers, MP

MD_Titus
04-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Okay, I don't know about many servers as pretty much fly my combat time on Warclouds but here's the question.

Currently, you can be in a situation where you spot any aircraft, shoot it down and get nothing for it. No points, No "Enemy Aircraft Destroyed", nothing!

The reason for this is straight-forward, long-standing, annoying and would be a the tiniest bit (actually....hugely) satisfying if it could be removed.

Any aircraft that takes a hit from Anti-Aircraft fire is automatically 'tagged' to that hit. No-matter if the aircraft reaches base, is pummelled by an enemy and shot down, or just crashes the AA has the hit/score/victory.

While I appreciate it's a thankless task for the AI gunners, and they may start rebelling, lets be honest, the pilot who down the aircraft gets nothing.

I am not asking for a shared kills fix (would be nice, but lets be realistic), but is it at-all possible to remove this 'tagging' system that means if you shoot an aircraft down, that has been hit by AA (maybe 5-minutes earlier in an area you were not over, so you have no idea where it's been and that it got hit) that the score can be given to the pilot who shoots it down.

It's sort of a bone of contention in a way, that could go down a kill-stealing route, as currently the last person to get hit on an EA gets the kill, which works if it's Aircraft to Aircraft, but if it is implemented for Aircraft, can the same set of rules be given to AA, so that even if they shoot an aircraft, the last hits that are shot into the E/A, are the ones that count for the server software recognition.

Well, I hope that explains what I'm looking at, in a nutshell, if an AA unit hits an aircraft, please disable it's exclusive right to claim the kill.

Cheers, MP

it is irritating online if you manage to finally nail a heavy bomber that has been merely tickled by flak... and you get nothing.

Qpassa
04-03-2010, 07:06 PM
well i think that the behaviour of the AA is realistic, because they doesn't care if you have downed it or not,they don't want to be attacked :)
And it also happens to me ;)

AKA_Tenn
04-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Open up your FMB on whatever map u want the AA to stop firing on enemies and click the AA and press delete... lol

the AA doesn't care what it shoots at, it could end up hitting you instead of the guy ur shooting at... its not about what the AA shoots at, its about how smart the AI is, and its obviously not programmed to be 100% accurate... I'd just be glad its programmed to tell the difference between a friendly and an enemy aircraft at 6000 meters... cause i know a real person would have one helluva go at it

Mysticpuma
04-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Hmmm, FMB doesn't work on online servers :rolleyes:

Seriously though, this must be a really simple fix? Maybe one line of code that says AA hit count Negative, even when it hits?

Cheers, MP