PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing UMP and mercs

Redjac
04-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Maybe spoiler Ahead:

I completed the army base mission. talk about famin to feast. I suddenly got 3 M-14 and a UMP after the battle. I went to Cali cantinos and was selling some mosin when I noticed after exchanging weapons with my other merc by shifting to the neck and shoulder my ump disappeared. Is this a known issue? I restored a save game so no problem but wondering if this will happen again.

On another note, there are no more mercs I can find. It seems all the bars had one or so earlier on. I skirted every city and the bars are empty. I did lose 2 mercs in the course of the game, but that would be expected.

R@S
04-03-2010, 09:39 AM
I completed the army base mission. talk about famin to feast. I suddenly got 3 M-14 and a UMP after the battle. I went to Cali cantinos and was selling some mosin when I noticed after exchanging weapons with my other merc by shifting to the neck and shoulder my ump disappeared. Is this a known issue? I restored a save game so no problem but wondering if this will happen again.This can happen if you exit the tactical map while those actions, putting things on the shoulder or ground, are incomplete. The item in question then gets thrown into limbo and will never be seen again:). The trick to avoid this is to make sure those actions are complete before doing anything else.

On another note, there are no more mercs I can find. It seems all the bars had one or so earlier on. I skirted every city and the bars are empty. I did lose 2 mercs in the course of the game, but that would be expected.There is a hidden value in the game called Professionalship, if your mercs gets killed in action that value will take a dive and they will stop joining you. You can increase that value again by doing missions, I think the standard increase value is around 10 points per mission. Do some side missions and see if the mercs won't come back.

Lochar
06-12-2010, 04:31 PM
my problem is i can't find the mercs that i hired and let go in the past. all i have left are expensive ones and i don't wanna hire those right now.