PDA

View Full Version : EROR message appears after killing GALL and securing SECRET BASE

0a.Archangel.a0
03-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

anyone else had problem with error message after securing the secret base.
- also the safe is openable without the key :-P (spoiled)

have it pached, tga-set to readme kinda script error I guess.
My pc is down at the moment so I cant do anything to inspect this, but if someone encountered and solved it, than I woul appreaciate the information shared.

thx

R@S
03-31-2010, 03:29 PM
That error came with the English localization and I'm aware of it. I first thought I could fix it in the e6q.txt file but failed. Then I forgot about it. But since you now brought it up I've made a replace function and will add it to the next version of the patch. The code is already done, just need time to test it is all. Mebbe someone else has time to do that? I'm far to busy with missions for the new project.

R@S
04-04-2010, 07:49 AM
OK, I managed to fix the ERROR message by renaming the string number in the e6q.txt to the requested one. But the key and safe issue it outside my reach, I looked for the code in the mission and map scripts, but it wasn't here. This leaves me to believe that it's actually in the code for the key, something that isn't part of the released source code. I could remove the key from Harl altogether, then it wouldn't take up space in the quest slot for no apparent use.

Edit:
I found the code for the safe in Harl's script, but it's in the INITIAL part of it and I can't make a replace function for that. But it also lead me to another clue, the safename for the player safe. In the English version the safe has 2 Shopini files and I think that's the reason for the issue.

ivanra78
04-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Is there any way to fix this problem, except waiting for final version of Blue Son Mode?

R@S
04-07-2010, 08:20 AM
You could run the e6q.txt trough the fileconv program and alter the 5716 entry to 6337, that would fix the ERROR message. But as for the safe key I still haven't had enough time to fix it and won't release an updated patch until I do.

ivanra78
04-09-2010, 09:04 AM
You could run the e6q.txt trough the fileconv program and alter the 5716 entry to 6337, that would fix the ERROR message. But as for the safe key I still haven't had enough time to fix it and won't release an updated patch until I do.

I need help, can you PLEASE tell me what program to use, or can you poste the already fixed txt. file on rapidshare, or somewhere else, or maybe send me to my e-mail :). I am asking for this, because i am not a expert in such things :(, and i just LOVE this great game :)

0a.Archangel.a0
04-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I need help, can you PLEASE tell me what program to use, or can you poste the already fixed txt. file on rapidshare, or somewhere else, or maybe send me to my e-mail :). I am asking for this, because i am not a expert in such things :(, and i just LOVE this great game :)

Lol dont get so upset its just a short shout from your char. and it wont repeat nowwhere later in the game. Simply wait till the release of the new project from R@S.
Simply imagine that it never appeared, it doesnt affect the game for as much as I know.

ivanra78
04-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Lol dont get so upset its just a short shout from your char. and it wont repeat nowwhere later in the game. Simply wait till the release of the new project from R@S.
Simply imagine that it never appeared, it doesnt affect the game for as much as I know.

I know all that, but i can't wait :):):):):)

0a.Archangel.a0
04-09-2010, 10:05 AM
I know all that, but i can't wait :):):):):)

LoL :-D