PDA

View Full Version : HELP 3rd mission

haorant
03-30-2010, 03:37 PM
okay im at the point where you have to shoot the planes from the sky. I have only one man left but i still managed to shoot down the plane but now what the game tells me to destroy the arty but thats impossible with one guy right? even with 4-5 guys it looks impossibe i mean are u not supposed to get reinforcements some time?

kane1
03-30-2010, 06:54 PM
It seems very unlikely that you'll be able to complete the mission with one soldier, unless he's modded. There is a thread that helps with this mission, can't remember where. If I find it before someone helps you I'll post it.

Korsakov829
03-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Oh yeah you get reinforcements... after you destroy the artillery.

When I play I only use 1 soldier anyway to sneak in and cause havoc.

kane1
03-31-2010, 09:24 PM
I'll use one guy out of a squad, but I always have at least 4 to 5 guys backing me up. If you can finish that level with only one guy your better than me. :eek:

Korsakov829
04-02-2010, 03:39 AM
Usualy I take one guy, hit one, run, hit another, run some more, etc. If I run out of space to run, I take the rest of my squad and have them shoot down the straglers.
If I don't use my hit and run tactics, I take one guy, take out a AA gunners, and mow down at least 100 infantry and 5 vehicles. I've beat every mission like this on hard.

You can't expect to win just rushing in head on.

konnektor
04-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Hi guys! I captured 2 AA guns out of 3 in this mission but cannot shoot down the 3 Bf-109's that circle around ("Easy" difficulty). One is somehow shot down above the battlefield on the other bank but when I aim at the other two, it allows me to fire (i.e. the crosshair-like circle appears) only when it's already too late, i.e. my shots go well behind the aircraft. I wasted at least 10-15 shots per gun, but to no avail. Is there a special trick to do this or should I go for the "trial and error" way?

Mack the Knife
04-04-2010, 02:21 AM
is this the mission where you have to use the raft and motor launch? if so, once you get the mission to get the big guns has anyone noticed there are 3 tanks you can use in a shed? once you get those it's gravy. is this common knowledge (no one mentioned it here) or do i have the wrong mission?

kane1
04-04-2010, 05:49 PM
That's great! I never noticed that. Good one.

Mack the Knife
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM
That's great!
SPOILER

hint - you can't drive them out as the shed doors are too narrow. you have to throw something at the front pillars to knock down the front of the shed.

kane1
04-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the tip, I've already beaten that mission but maybe I'll change them into something heavier and replay it.:)

titan
04-11-2010, 12:11 PM
hint - you can't drive them out as the shed doors are too narrow. you have to throw something at the front pillars to knock down the front of the shed.

No, you can drive the tanks out from the middle door. I tried to knock them down, blow them up, but somehow the door won't budge. Finally just drove them out the middle door.

Mack the Knife
04-11-2010, 07:48 PM
good to know, guess i only tried the one door. But, if you throw an AT grenade at the front pillars (between the 2 open doors) they will come down...