PDA

View Full Version : No sound :(

legoman
03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Hi all
I have a realy silly problem. I can't hear anything in this game! No gunshots,no music...nothing! I already tried to run it in compatible XP mode (service pack 3), but that also did nothing. Please help meee!
my hardware is:
CPU: E6550 (2x 2,33 Ghz)
GPU: 8800 GTS (640 Vram)
RAM: 2 Gb DDR2
HDD: Seagate Baracuda 320 Gb

RUNNING ON Windows 7 (64 bit)

I suppose it's the operation system isn't it?
:confused:

0a.Archangel.a0
03-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Hi, I guess you are right with the operating system I still remember how P.... i was when I bought a notebook with vista, Supreme speed of processing and other bullshit, the fun cost was quite big, and then I found out that 85% of all things which I was using are no more compatible in it and I had to let go of that Idea. Stupid notebook was designed to work with the f.... Vista so after I reinstalled it xp I could utilise all the futures of the thing so in the end i changed it back to Vista. I use the sh.. for torrents and bussiness travels. Afterthat I bought myself a FINE desktop with xp and no MF is going to persuade me to change to 'Newer' Windows. Billy gator is old school, the kid doesnt care about its consumers and basicaly his company releases shit and ass gas just to steal your money.
You have a relatively new system so expect to be incompatible for few months with a lot of things. Hopefully they didnt do it on purpose as with Vista, but it felt good hearing how the jerks had to pay nice money on courts due to all the suppliers which programs and equipment were on-purpose-made to be refused by Vista.

Basicaly you can:
Check device manager for deviations.
Check if there is no drive update to the controler for your audio.
Check the same for your graphic card - on some developers these two are linked quite closely and are dependant one on the other.
Check your sound setting withing the system.... :-D just for insurance
Download K-lite or other multi codec programs, in some games the files simply cant be recognised by the system - low possibility but still worth the try.

Dont have more ideas at this time, but maybe R@S would know if it can be caused by something in the game.

cya

R@S
03-30-2010, 07:46 AM
I think I've heard of a similar problem, but that was a long time ago and it was with XP. There was a conflict with the ant-virus/firewall that caused the sound to disappear.

I'd would recommend that you start the game, and when that start menu appears alt+tab out to the desktop. Browse to your 7.62 folder and open up the \log\somenumbers.log file and see if this line is there:

"00:00.423 INFO [0] .\SoundSystem.cpp (122) Creating and initializing audio system succeeded"

If it says "initializing audio system failed" or something it might give a clue to the reason why it wont initialize.

0a.Archangel.a0
03-30-2010, 12:03 PM
R@S has a good point to look at.

Both antivirus and firewalls have their own exception lists, simply add the program or complete location to the exception list or scan-exclusion list, dependable on which one is available.

Dont forget also to check the quarantine zones and/or blocked applications if its not already alocated there and restore it if it is (LOL what combo IT IF IT IS)

Unfortunately it is also possible if the files were marked as suspected/hostile or otherwise that they were forcefully cleaned and/or modified before you excluded them to not be modified by other apps and so they are non-functional now and would require a reinstall. I would reinstall the game anyways if it still ahs troubles after this tweaking.

Also there is possibility to set-up a virtual XP environment for the game. Some programs, which can do this, might be already up to compensate the W7 problems. Microsoft also stated, not sure about the profesional version but the ultimate is 100%, that version W7-profesional and/or W7-ultimate provide possibility of complete xp compatibility-dont know what they ment by that as I dont want to try the w7 untill I am forced to :-P (got enough of the MSFT experiments back with Vista).

Unless the w7 interferes with the used script for resources, I guess not as u were able to start the game, u should be able to alocate some of the ingame sound in the game directory and play them manually. At least for the try, maybe some bug will appear during the play.

ivanra78
03-31-2010, 06:45 AM
Hi, i have a little problem with this great game :( .Sometimes the game just freeze, blocks and the only solution is alt+tab+delete, and sometimes i have to restart manualy computer. This happens no matter what i do, i mean it happens in towns, during the fight,or when i am traveling, there is no pattern, and i am playing game in 1280*1024, i tried in 1024*768 but then inventory is blurred .My configuration is Win XP SP3, 4 GB RAM, Geforce 9800 gold edition(latest drivers, latest version of directX 9). Is there any solution to this problem, please help because i love this game :(
I have installed the Blue Son Mode.

0a.Archangel.a0
03-31-2010, 08:23 AM
HI there, pls next time start a new thread as the issue is different although it might have similar reasons for it all happening.

Basicaly: Have you set all .tga files in BMP folder of the games directory to Read only? (hopefully the names are correct as I am currently w/o the game to verify it, but the concrete info is in the forum too)

Game resources are quite of simple origin and therefore dont have in-deep cleanup and maintanence scripts. How often does your game become unstabble as u described, because it should be restarted at least every 2 hours. Thats because of some bug with storage of data in virtual memory, frankly said: empty the jar before the water starts to drip over the edge.

I am currently still rebuilding the pc but in the end it will be the same system
with the same memory size except different card. Got myself a nice radeon-fast but such a heatbomb(i had implemented additional cooling to prevent it from blowing up :-D). The point, The game works perfectly fine for me. So open your funbox and elave it opened till you get the crash or whatever than check the inside for warning lights and any strange sound. This is just to exclude hardware failure ;-)

So a bit of summary to keep the game working:
1. set .tga files in games_directory/hud/bmp to read only (hope for correct location)
2. restart the game at least every 2 hours (keep in mid that this might be required a lot sooner if you attend more engagements within towns - it eats bits like Slimer eats choco cakes)
- might not be needed if you have a good RAM real-time cleaner and maintainer but personaly I havent found myself an efficiient one
3. try compatibility settings
- basics are as preset in properties of files
- I use advanced tools to modify the system environment for executables so that modification of more in depth settings are possibile (these are ussualy tweak programs, windows compatibility enhancers and etc.)
4. Try different resolution for its operation, at least one resolution is reported to be buggy and cause some problems so it might just be that you got the one bug or found another one.
5. Switch off all in-game graphic enhancements - if it helps than switch ona gain one after another overtime till the troubles reappear - than you will have something to think about :-D
6. Adjust graphic card settings for the particular program, Not all 3D programs like the preset of graphic cards and sometimes forcing other mod for them simply overides and boosts the performance. For example my Radeon card hates antialiasing and emphases vertical sync so I forced these rules on some games, before this I couldn't even start some of them :-P without crashing.
7. Dx can be also a good thing together with the graphic card you should uninstall both, reboot in safe mode and install them - thats the best way to get it all properly installed in the system core.
- secondly for example I uninstalled DX10 from my Vista notebook as the ods were pretty dumb, graphics improved by a minipoint, noticable but ineffective in long run over internet as you react so fast that you dont give a s... about those small details but you will sense the 3x performance decrease in the first seconds :-D. To me Dx10 is a youth who needs to reach Adult stage till it is usable, for now its useless and creaps out resourcing.
8. Nvidia particularly - when I had Nvidia graphic cards I allways had NvTweaker isntalled as it was common to performance, graphic and stability issues within game so a few SIMPLE tweaks made my life a lot easier. Get yourself a tweaker and give it a try.
If we knew more of the root for the issue we could say if we need to modify resourcing, graphics, or compatibility and collision issues. Not enough info at this point to identify immediately.

Writing too much as allways :-P. These are couple of things that blinked in my mind at the moment.

R@S is a good fella and knows his way around Logs for Events so he would propably know of some other possible ways to gather intel and afterwards take neccesary steps.

Cya

ivanra78
03-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Thank you, for such a quick reply :):):):):)

0a.Archangel.a0
03-31-2010, 09:09 AM
Thank you, for such a quick reply :):):):):)

no prob. I am ussualy here every working day between 08:00-16:00 once I feel bored at work. so its just your luck :-P

later on I am here just to provoke R@S with all my silly moding suggestions :-D, cant help it, I simply Love this game :-P. Kinda long awaited dream, althoug the vehicles still are missing :-(.

ivanra78
03-31-2010, 10:27 AM
no prob. I am ussualy here every working day between 08:00-16:00 once I feel bored at work. so its just your luck :-P

later on I am here just to provoke R@S with all my silly moding suggestions :-D, cant help it, I simply Love this game :-P. Kinda long awaited dream, althoug the vehicles still are missing :-(.

I agree with you, this is one great game :):):)