KG26_Alpha
03-29-2010, 05:18 PM
http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums

New Hyperlobby wish list .........

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7580

13th Hsqn Protos
03-29-2010, 09:10 PM
S~!

Thanks for the link..... I wonder if this means we will have to use HL for SoW .....

I have a feeling its bye bye in-game server browser.

AndyJWest
03-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Why? I can't see the connection...

Flanker35M
03-30-2010, 08:30 AM
S!

Just hoping SoW will keep the dedicated server option there so we can use HL or similar. In game option would work as well, of course. But I prefer HL for example because it is simple, fast and easy to use. Many games these days drop the dedicated server possibility for some odd reason :(

Tiger27
03-31-2010, 02:49 AM
S~!

Thanks for the link..... I wonder if this means we will have to use HL for SoW .....

I have a feeling its bye bye in-game server browser.

As usual the glass is half empty Protos.

Personally I would rather use HL or something similar, only problem at the moment is HL needs moderators, most games have fairly poor attempts at lobbies when they are incorporated into the game IMO.

AndyJWest
03-31-2010, 04:19 AM
I think it would make sense to wait to see how SoW actually works online before passing judgement. Ideally, I'd prefer not to be tied to a particular server, but there may be no practical alternative if 1C:Maddox don't release dedicated server software. We'll just have to wait and see...

TheGrunch
03-31-2010, 05:46 AM
Wouldn't that completely defy the point of any attempt to take over the FS market? The FS market isn't like the FPS market where's it's all about selling as many units as possible as quick as possible and balls to the customers after that. It's about selling future add-ons and (for combat flight-sims) about multiplayer. Il-2 multiplayer's still doing pretty well after all these years. If there was no dedicated server available the SoW multiplayer game would die pretty quick IMO.

KG26_Alpha
03-31-2010, 07:43 AM
IIRC

Hyperlobby was going to continue to run (were at the mercy of Jiri Fojtasek on this) and there was planned a separate Pay to Play "global server" for a huge online competition, I don't know if this is still planned by Oleg and the team, but I remember there being mention of this sometime ago.

Jiri Fojtasek is taking donations again not via PayPal any more but Western Union if you feel like sending a little something to him :)

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1499

Troll2k
03-31-2010, 10:53 PM
The last link posted above about Western Union is from 2005.

KG26_Alpha
03-31-2010, 11:14 PM
The last link posted above about Western Union is from 2005.

See the title of this thread

Originally there was a PayPal button on his forum, the forums went down some time back, they have re-emerged and I was simply pointing out the option is there once again.

I'm no spokes person nor am I involved with HL so draw your own conclusions, last post for me.

Jiri-Fojtasek
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM
See the title of this thread

Originally there was a PayPal button on his forum, the forums went down some time back, they have re-emerged and I was simply pointing out the option is there once again.

I'm no spokes person nor am I involved with HL so draw your own conclusions, last post for me.

Hi

I never had a paypal button. I edited that topic reffering WU because i not used it for years. I have paypal account so ill try made a donation button to my website, but i need a volunteer to test it :)

BTW today i published testing version of HL where i trying fix all known issues, especially with VISTA/W7. This testing version should download only users registered to HL forum because i need direct feedback before it will go official.

Jiri

KG26_Alpha
04-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Hi

Thanks for the heads up Jiri

I used a PayPal button on your website for something years ago (8-9) I guess you never saw the donation then lol.

I'll test the new PayPal button when its up, more than glad to for all your unselfish work over the years :)

I for one appreciate it.

Will give the new lobby a test, though I fixed my skin file when I installed Win 7 some time back :)

Edit

Def last post lol

Jiri-Fojtasek
04-02-2010, 11:00 PM
Hi

Thanks for the heads up Jiri

I used a PayPal button on your website for something years ago (8-9) I guess you never saw the donation then lol.

I'll test the new PayPal button when its up, more than glad to for all your unselfish work over the years :)

I for one appreciate it.

Will give the new lobby a test, though I fixed my skin file when I installed Win 7 some time back :)

Edit

Def last post lol

Thanks for offer, please check your PM

=PF=Coastie
04-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Jiri,

It is very nice to see you posting again.

I would gladly try Paypal for you also. You have given this community more than anyone will ever know and I certainly appreciate that.

Let me know how I can help with testing HL also. I would be glad to beta test it for you.