PDA

View Full Version : windows 7 SOW?

SPITACE
03-26-2010, 10:54 AM
hi all will SOW run/work in windows 7 32 bit and will you be able to download the sim when it comes out also how big will the download be? :)

AndyJWest
03-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Well, since it isn't out, it is difficult to answer for sure but my best guess would be:
(a) Windows 7 32 bit? I'd be astonished if it didn't.
(b) Downloadable? Quite likely, I'd think. May well come out on DVD first though, and I'd rather buy that, because...
(c) How big? Huge!

AS for what minimum PC specs etc are, they aren't saying yet. You'll have to wait and see like the rest of us.

Feuerfalke
03-26-2010, 11:51 AM
If you plan on going for windows 7, I recommend the Home Premium Version 64bit. HomePremium has everything you need unless you have a business running on the same PC and 64bit offers you to use more than 4GB on your PC/games, which most likely will also have a positive effect on SoW.

AS for what minimum PC specs etc are, they aren't saying yet. You'll have to wait and see like the rest of us.

The point is, there is no way to know how something will work unless you know for sure what's in and which element has what effect on performance. So you can add a few more people who don't how the final will work: Oleg's team.
That said, it makes no point to say "they aren't saying yet", as it implies something negative that is simply not the fact.
All they could do is make estimates and what is done with those when they are not met, could be watched here a multitude of times. So it's fair reasoning they don't make the same mistake again, not some evil plan.

Richie
03-26-2010, 12:15 PM
mine will be the 64 bit

Skarphol
03-26-2010, 12:42 PM
I really think 32-bit OS is a thing of the past.

Skarphol

KG26_Alpha
03-26-2010, 01:27 PM
128bit os systems are already on the way.

Windows 8 will be 128bit < rumours are rife already it is and it isn't.

Leopard and some other linux variants are going that way too.

Igo kyu
03-26-2010, 02:08 PM
128bit os systems are already on the way.

Windows 8 will be 128bit < rumours are rife already it is and it isn't.

Leopard and some other linux variants are going that way too.
Without 128 bit hardware?

Feuerfalke
03-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Even todays 64bit hardware doesn't do full 64bit. Other than serverside it makes little sense to go for 128bit, yet.

TheGrunch
03-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Apparently Intel are working on Itanium IA-128. So pretty much server-only, yeah.

KG26_Alpha
03-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Well I never said anything about it being now lol :)

But XP 64 bit was out for years (An uprated version of Server 2003 64bit), I was running 4 gig of ram on that quite nicely, mostly untouched by the public due to lack of manufacturer driver support, so obviously it will mostly be server side to begin with.

Anyway 32bit will be an option for a while due to MS covering older spec hardware.

The problem lies in the manufacturing companies holding off writing drivers for their hardware, they would rather it go obsolete and make you buy newer peripherals ( printers, scanners etc etc ) than have to put an updated driver out.