PDA

View Full Version : Patch Announcements.

novatekk
03-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Over at the Russian Rig'N'Roll site they released a list of fixes/updates that are included in the upcoming patch.
No release date has been given but they do tell us that the patch is sent into testing so I think we should see it any time soon.
Below is a raw translation but you'll get the picture.

We inform you that the update for the game "Rig 3" sent to the testing. On the availability of patch users will be announced.
List of changes:

Optimization
On a computer that meets system requirements, increase productivity was:
- About 30-35% for the default settings;
- Up to 30% at the maximum setting;
- Up to 55% at minimum.

Details:
• Fixed a problem with a possible decrease in performance after his arrest by the police;
• Optimized system architecture of particles;
• Faster downloading files deformations machines;
• Optimized process of loading vehicles;
• Improved definition of the computer's configuration.

Improvement in the audio subsystem
• Fixed sound disappearing in one of the channels when using OpenAL audio devices;
• Remove possible audio artifacts arising from the radio;
• Improved adjust the sound volume;
• Fixed a sound when driving on gravel;
• Fixed problem with button <Cancel> in the options menu of sound;
• Fixed possible problems with the sound when loading the saved games;
• Fixed effects "hiccup" sound menu, which were evident on some configurations.

Other
• Fixed some bugs in the behavior of the police;
• Improved the behavior of traffic flow;
• Fixed some bugs related to the increase of capital at the expense of the player's wage drivers;
• Fixed several bugs in the script;
• Fixed several bugs in the missions;
• Fixed several bugs related to the selection of the bar;
• Unlocked rotate the camera and switch species inside the cabin with a running CB radio;
• turn signal now can be turned off by pressing the keys "<" or ">";
• Improved physical model is used when jumping through a springboard;
• Improved user interface keyboard data entry in the menu (the menu profile menu, save games, menu, motel, etc.);
• Fixed some bugs associated with monetary transactions in the office;
• Enter to activate wipers with engine off;
• Fixed errors when loading some saved games;
• the system is improved strains and other injuries machines;
• Improved number of models and character animations.

Whiskey
03-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Sounds like they were working hard on this patch :grin:

novatekk
03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Indeed! I'm pretty happy with this list :-P Really hope those performance increases are true.

flykas
03-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Improved physical model is used when jumping through a springboard; I wonder what that means ?

bjorn324
03-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Me too, and I hope they mean with fixed traffic flow that they speed them up and lane changing

kennyb87
03-29-2010, 04:02 PM
This sounds good for me being able to get a boost in performance

Sneaksie
03-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Improved physical model is used when jumping through a springboard; I wonder what that means ?

Automated translation never gets old.

SPOILER
During one quest, player must jump over the canyon in his truck. The physics model for this jump was improved.

RoadRanger
04-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Hmm, no mention of improved, more realistic, phyics or sounds during "normal" driving.
I for one definitely won't buy the international version as soon as it's released -- as far as I can tell, even with these modifications, it's still just an arcade game with OK graphics, and nowhere near a simulator.

plolq
04-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Optimization
On a computer that meets system requirements, increase productivity was:
- About 30-35% for the default settings;
- Up to 30% at the maximum setting;
- Up to 55% at minimum.

Details:
• Fixed a problem with a possible decrease in performance after his arrest by the police; lolwhat?
• Optimized system architecture of particles;
• Faster downloading files deformations machines;
• Optimized process of loading vehicles;
• Improved definition of the computer's configuration

OMG i hope that the game devs realize the game has huge/humongous/massive memory leaks goddamnit i swear on anything that i didnt saw ANY performance issue after being arrested by the police for anything BUT on the other hand the game performance for me is degrading i cant play for for than 1.5-2 hrs MAX before it gets choppy and i mean unplayable , have to savegame and reload it to regain 55-60 fps constant anywhere before it goes down again, thats the games only issue for me and its the biggest as it renders it unplayable , it starts awsome at 59-60 fps then gradually drops @ 10-15fps in the course of 1.5-2 hours....then the performance degrades as i spend tiem ingeme delivering loads etc.....( i tested that on 2 different pc's with different graphics cards/processors/memory mb etc...same result.

Also my loadtime for my game ( that its completed in story mode and it has anywhere between 3-3.2 months of playtime on it with 12-14 hrs a day on it) that i started in december last year its anywhere between 10-15 minutes FFS lol i can click load game and go make an sandwitch and come back , have tiem to take a bathroom break and then go out to buy some beer then COME back adn still hasnt finished loading pathetic.

This patch better fix the memory leak:|

kennyb87
04-05-2010, 10:01 PM
What is youre system specs plolq that sounds like what I get too and this can be very frustrating

plolq
04-08-2010, 08:01 PM
What is youre system specs plolq that sounds like what I get too and this can be very frustrating

Not much free time these days to visit these forums anyways my systems spc e8400 c2d 4870x2 4gm ram vista x64 sp1 no crash,no sound problem,no graphic problem, but huge memory leaks ....anyways my borhters system is intel q9550 8800 gtx 4gm ram vista x64 sp1 same , no crash,no sound problems, huge memory leak and same performance hit after 1.5-2 hrs .... both of us run the game @ 1920x1200 it doent matter 640x480 or higher resolution same fps same performance same preformance degrading after several hours...and SAME LOADING times i tested my samvegame/profile on my brothers pc ..lol same load time no comment. :???::neutral:

Mr luder
04-18-2010, 12:28 PM
epic fail on the changelog.
those are fixes that should being mentioned way down a huge list of bugs.

still no shadow bug fix, still no interior/cabin fix...

thank you softlab for ruining it again.

oh and thanks for not adding traffic lights, what a joke!

pook
04-18-2010, 01:31 PM
epic fail on the changelog.
those are fixes that should being mentioned way down a huge list of bugs.

still no shadow bug fix, still no interior/cabin fix...

thank you softlab for ruining it again.

oh and thanks for not adding traffic lights, what a joke!

Attention. This hotfix is not expected patch. I think that Nike-it AGAIN confused as usual. I read a lot of discussions and even the Russians are talking about, that's not the patch for which is expected because the patch is still in testing! If this is the expected patch, so looool. 4 months to create the patch sucks?: D

for Moderators 1C.
It's time to say what information the RNR will happen next! Addons, patches etc.
My community urges and rages. Nobody is going to buy the game in this state. They say it is a real mod harcore players?? (((Real physics, CONDUCT REAL TRAILER!! Behavior Terrible trailer, the real gear, etc))), access modifications, etc.?? Softlab is thinking about or not?? Frequently asked questions in our community. Calm the situation need them. Just say no and will not plan ever to be peace. Everyone will go away from the game. Thx for your answer. It's time to know it.

obsolum
04-18-2010, 02:43 PM
It's time to say what information the RNR will happen next! Addons, patches etc.
My community urges and rages. Nobody is going to buy the game in this state. They say it is a real mod harcore players?? (((Real physics, CONDUCT REAL TRAILER!! Behavior Terrible trailer, the real gear, etc))), access modifications, etc.?? Softlab is thinking about or not?? Frequently asked questions in our community. Calm the situation need them. Just say no and will not plan ever to be peace. Everyone will go away from the game. Thx for your answer. It's time to know it.
I'm not a moderator or in any way affiliated with 1C but I seem to recall reading in an interview with Igor Whatshisname that he said the game would not be made open for modding. I'm not 100% sure, though.

Anyway, even if they say they won't open the game up I'm sure there are lots of people out there who can crack the files so modders can change stuff.

And what is this "community" you keep speaking of? Some kind of forum that you run where all Polish RnR fans are or something? :)

novatekk
04-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Attention. This hotfix is not expected patch.

I don't think Mr. Luder was referring to the hotfix but to the actual changelog of the upcoming patch.

I agree with you about the hotfix not being the supposed patch. If it was, it would have been released for the Russian version as well.

pook
04-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Obsolum:
Yes. Exactly it is not 100% confirmation that such modification approach. Moreover, Softlab is very restricted company. Communicate and work them all takes a very long time. I'm afraid if they were interested to hear the fans, but that they would take another 10 years before anything happens. That's right I can wait for a completely different game from other manufacturers, because 10 years waiting patches + 7 years waiting for a game I do not have the strength.
Hacker disclosure modifications?? I do not believe too much. Kotr same not modified:( So I do not believe that it should be managed in the RNR.
I """Unfortunately, now moderator of""" this game at one Czech and Slovak site, basically I lost interest in this game of (now I hate her), but I still have an obligation to inform. grrr.
I do not want to mention this site. Now it is very rude to Softlab and 1C and very aggressive and started to cry 1C scurrilous abuse, it will save many of these things. Waiting for the game about as long as I can. No wonder their irritation. I do not know maybe a specific community. 95% turned away from games where I had to conclude G-Book. It was unbearable.
But watch as all the foreign sites Forum (truckpol, 3Dartpol, Polish, Russian websites .... etc.). Although it is not so clear, but even so I feel that more than 50% hate the game and waited a completely different game that promised years Softlab. About 20% still expect a miracle ... etc. and only a small percentage are satisfied. As nearly a revolution in truck simulators. Hmm. I do not know what game Softlab spoken for years. About a completely different game, or dream about what they felt the hangover head hurts ....:/

Novatekk:
Ok. Perhaps here misunderstood. I very badly struggling with the English language. This here like to say that in eng. version not contains the same patch on a waiting Russian colleagues.

Mr luder
04-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Attention. This hotfix is not expected patch. I think that Nike-it AGAIN confused as usual. I read a lot of discussions and even the Russians are talking about, that's not the patch for which is expected because the patch is still in testing! If this is the expected patch, so looool. 4 months to create the patch sucks?: D

whatever it is, hot fix or not, it's not fixing problems that are mainly more important as clicking sounds of buttons.
as i read the interview with softlab, i could puke all over my keyboard.

what community they talkin about?! the community i know says at all "we need traffic lights", the community says "we need simulations", thats what the community is about, simulating truckin business and not racing or chasing by some gangstas, or f.... whores in the motel room.

why is this company so ignorant?! i mean, they took 10 years to do the game and never ever asked the community in any way what they want.
they completely fooled the people that should buy the game. even scs did better, they doing a brilliant job, they even respect the community cuz they know wich role the community plays at all.

it's a shame that softlab don't even say "yes, we did mistakes and there are bugs", no they acting like "uhh, 90% say 'what a great game'" but if i look around in different forums i just see one point "no way i will buy this game" and after that interview stating out there will be no traffic lights even more people say "nah, f... that, i gonna stay with scs!"

i'am really tired of softlab, not only that it takes 10 years to develop the game, no they are even to ignorant to cooperate with their customers and work a way to get the game polished.

"people like the competition of time races"... wait what? what forums do you read softlab?!
check the 1. deutsche trucksimsforum, check truckmodshop, check even truckpol. everyone says the same "we don't want racing, we want a simulation"...

but go ahead softlab, go ahead... i will not buy the eu release, i'am even sick of giving you a couple of euro for the russian version...

pook
04-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Yes. I agree. Me and most fans speak what he wants and wants hardcore truck simulation.
I also not understand where Softlab came out that people want to racing? Who wants it?? Almost nobody. Who wants the mission.? Ok fun fun, but as an extension! The simulator has to be first-Physics, functionality, created by real models, realistic gaming environment ... etc and when it is left up to the time of the mission. When is a good multi-game mission to do myself on my career. in the process. (When the multifunctionality)
Yes. I agree ....
But I disagree with SCS. I'm Czech. SCS is a Czech company, so I should be patriotic, but SCS is the same crap if not worse. SCS is a physics problem complete. Because it has a terrible game engine. SCS original game is terrible. It was just saving modifications. I can not play the game at all SCS. I throw at it. But everything could change if SCS produce quality multi-engine and the physics, then everything changes.!!! ...
It's just if I choose SCS or RNR?? I say neither want. But he said that if I choose to say RNR. Why? RNR has a basis. Better game engine for possible modifications in the RNR, etc. I see only one. Basis. There could be build. SCS for games is not good engine. There will not allow the game engine.

The problem is that there NO TRUCK simulation. That is the problem why people are dissatisfied. Therefore expected from the RNR-quality simulation.

This is not a problem racing cars simulators. There exist simulations LFS, RBR, iRacing .. etc. So I was not interested in arcade Dirt, Grid, a game from Codemasters, etc. There are other simulators, and you just. But it does not apply to Truck Simulator. This simulation is not one and you can choose to collect the waste left Softlab SCS and arcades.
Perhaps because so much expectation from the RNR. Disappointed. Only a dozen truck game:( If trucks were not in the game, so it makes no sense to even the RNR interest. By the RNR nobody cared ...:/

yesil
04-18-2010, 09:16 PM
I agree Mr luder

we don't want racing, we want a simulation

Lolsmurf
04-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Can't you just drive and deliver on your own pace wihout the need to race ?

pook
04-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Can't you just drive and deliver on your own pace wihout the need to race ?

You do not race. But there is always a time limit. Can not be too much delay. How to exceed the time limit load disappears, you not get the money and get a fine for non-delivery of cargo. Time limit is present all the time.

Beantower
04-19-2010, 09:10 AM
You do not race. But there is always a time limit. Can not be too much delay. How to exceed the time limit load disappears, you not get the money and get a fine for non-delivery of cargo. Time limit is present all the time.

Yes you do race? Some loads dosent tho, but most of the best paying hauls you have to compete with up to 6 AI trucks? Never tried to come in other that 1st, but I think the payment decrease with the lowering of you placement?
And yes why is that, Ive heard something about this might be how it is in US, to motivate the drivers they pay them for comeing in first, but its not confirmed? Its not like that in Europe.

pook
04-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Yes you do race? Some loads dosent tho, but most of the best paying hauls you have to compete with up to 6 AI trucks? Never tried to come in other that 1st, but I think the payment decrease with the lowering of you placement?
And yes why is that, Ive heard something about this might be how it is in US, to motivate the drivers they pay them for comeing in first, but its not confirmed? Its not like that in Europe.

No. I do not racing. Testing the game and I focus primarily on the shortcomings. I drive all the truckstops, looking for hidden roads and interesting place to see who is more of a city street is the skies. I have always the weakest engine that was as much a not sense of reality. Even the weakest engine in this game to much too much:) A more powerful engines are becoming more and more nonsense.

I do not understand the principle of truck racing game. What is the interest of the customer, arriving a minute before the store with a broken cargo?? lol. It's better to wait a minute and bring the cargo in order. The whole principle of this game is weird ..

Lolsmurf
04-19-2010, 02:37 PM
well 1 race in a while can be fun, but at least racing is compulsive...

It would suck a lot more if they forced you to race every single load...

USA Trucker
04-19-2010, 02:52 PM
well 1 race in a while can be fun, but at least racing is compulsive...

It would suck a lot more if they forced you to race every single load...

You will see once you get it, or if you do. Racing, and competitive deliveries is about 75%+ of the game. Open deliveries are far & few between, and don't pay nearly enough. It pretty much forces you to race if you want to buy top notch stuff for your truck. If you do nothing but open deliveries, you'll spend a lot of time before you can do this, and you won't complete the campaign. Therefore this is not once in a while. It's quite often.

=XIII=Shea
06-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi all i havent been around in a while,is there a patch coming out to fix all the problems?:confused::confused:

bobd
06-09-2010, 11:07 PM
So when is announced patch coming out? Been almost 3 mo.

USA Driver
06-10-2010, 04:18 AM
EDIT: Ohh crud, this thing is late. :P

USA Trucker
06-10-2010, 08:41 AM
So when is announced patch coming out? Been almost 3 mo.

No further details have come out yet. I thought it was slated for May, but it must have hit a snag. We're all eager here, and I guess we'll all have to wait.

movo.
06-14-2010, 04:16 PM
When does 3.0.4 arrives for the English version?

Your post was move to a more appropriate thread.

SkylitTrucker
06-15-2010, 04:32 AM
thats a good question actually

USA Trucker
06-15-2010, 09:02 AM
When does 3.0.4 arrives for the English version?

Your post was move to a more appropriate thread.

thats a good question actually

Actually, read post #31 on this thread. The one just before your two postings.;)

movo.
06-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Let's wait wait wait wait then. ;)

USA Trucker
06-15-2010, 09:10 AM
I remember an old saying in my Navy days. "Alright men, let's hurry up....., and wait"!:-)

movo.
06-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Haha, well going to make some vids now. :P

goodsimdude
06-16-2010, 04:18 AM
When will we get the same detailed patch. There is a huge stability issue for this game. I want to know when will this happen.

USA Trucker
06-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Let's stop asking the same old question. As of now there has been no further news about a patch for any version of Rig'N'Roll, as stated in Post #31. Asking this question will not make it come any faster.

Robin656
07-17-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm gonna buy the game in Germany, because the game doesn't come out before September where I live. The game will be in german, but I don't speak German. So I was wondering if the new patch would make it possible for me to play the game in English.

- Thanks! :)

James
07-17-2010, 02:02 PM
From what I understand, whatever language you buy the game in, is the language that it is. Patches will not change language, only game issues.

Melkor
08-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Well this is sorta good news, on the russian side they've gotten up to patch 3.04
So we could be expecting a patch anytime soon...

kennyb87
08-23-2010, 05:33 PM
The website hasn't been updated since April 16, 2010 so I don't really think we are getting a patch soon

USA Trucker
08-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Yea, I'm skeptical about this too.:(

Melkor
08-23-2010, 05:42 PM
Well lets just hope if they dont release a patch, they will atleast give us the Vegas Expansion....that includes parts of Nevada, because its seems as if they are focusing on the russian version of the game :(

Saint-Ashley
08-24-2010, 03:36 AM
From what I gathered on the Russian fourms, the English game is 'supposably' a newer version then the Russian. I would image this could be possible as they released the Russian version first then shifted focus to bring out the other language versions.

They may focus on updateing the Russian version now, then import their changes into other versions.

Unfornately I see this happen with a lot of the Russian games and developers. From Stalker to Age of Pirates and many many others.

veemaxis
09-25-2010, 02:17 AM
No patches so far?

BleDrajor
09-25-2010, 11:07 AM
No patches so far?

What does Google say? And the official R&R website? Anything about a new patch in this forum?

No!

USA Trucker
09-25-2010, 11:52 AM
I would like to see a patch too, as I play the game just like you guys do. When I get the word on a release date expected, I will let you all know, unless Nike-It releases this news. As of now, there is no further development since this thread was created. Complaining about it will not make it go any faster. Remember, it took 8 years to see this game come out. So maybe we'll see a patch in about half the time (2014). :lol:

I am just as upset as the rest of you with the expected patch release date having come, and gone but this will get us nowhere except to make this a rage thread, and you all know how I feel about those kinds of threads. They accomplish nothing. :cool:

BleDrajor
09-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm excited about the Las Vegas add on that is sheduled for this fall. I would fall off my chair if they would release it this year..

Maybe they combine the add on with a patch and seperately release the patch for the ones who wouldn't want to buy the add on.

USA Trucker
09-25-2010, 12:52 PM
I'm excited about the Las Vegas add on that is sheduled for this fall. I would fall off my chair if they would release it this year..

Maybe they combine the add on with a patch and seperately release the patch for the ones who wouldn't want to buy the add on.

Anything is possible. ;)

lamanorbu
09-26-2010, 09:14 AM
this fall means now, so it's impossible!!!

USA Trucker
09-26-2010, 09:53 AM
this fall means now, so it's impossible!!!

Fall is from now to December so you never know.

lamanorbu
09-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Fall is from now to December so you never know.
9 years to make a game and just 4-5 month to make a completely new state from scratch?

USA Trucker
09-26-2010, 12:01 PM
9 years to make a game and just 4-5 month to make a completely new state from scratch?

What can I say. Promises, promises. ;)

lamanorbu
09-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Hey Usa trucker, can you make a new sticky where we can speak about the upcoming Las Vegas Addon? it would be gr8! I thought: if before the release of r'n'r producer released lots of interviews, screenshots, videos.... Why they don't want to speak about the addon, Igor just say that we can't discuss about it for now? disappointing...

USA Trucker
09-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey Usa trucker, can you make a new sticky where we can speak about the upcoming Las Vegas Addon? it would be gr8! I thought: if before the release of r'n'r producer released lots of interviews, screenshots, videos.... Why they don't want to speak about the addon, Igor just say that we can't discuss about it for now? disappointing...

You got it. It's in the "Patches Section".

Sneaksie
10-05-2010, 07:54 AM
No, it's not abandoned. Expansion development has been currently suspended, but we do plan to deliver fixes and patches for the game.

A question was asked in the "Patch Discussion" thread, and replied by Sneaksie. I thought I would copy it here also. Since it pertains to this subject too.

USA Trucker
11-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Let's keep this thread for the English patch announcements. I have moved the recent Russian patch announcement to the Patch Discussion thread.

TruckerNL
12-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Are they reading this or does someone mail this to them all these ideas/ problems with/ for the game.

Since a lot of ideas are there for the game but are they willing to lissen to it or just put on the main problems and the game stays in original as it was made ?

I'm trying to find bugs but if there bussy with makking new stuff but don't solve the problems or adding ideas from the people that buy there software .

Am I makking anny sence ???

What ever just wanna know we post here how they know what to do how does it work ???
Can't you make an engineering section where you put uh things granted from them for what they going to do in the game how they reseved stuff.
I mean they allready gave so much promises and now all i have is yet another raceing simulation game, NO Ofence i like the game but its just another truck racing game .

Greets Trucker NL

USA Trucker
12-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Remember..... the game is advertised as a Racing/Simulation as most 1C driving games are. However, you don't have to race to play the game. You do have to adhere to delivery times, and that's in the real trucking world too. The delivery times are easy to beat even in the difficult setting if you have the traffic set up to your liking.

Once the story-line is complete (if you choose to do it), you can free roam all you want, and pick up loads as you need to keep your cash flow going, and pay no attention to anything else. I have not seen an ending to the game itself, and I'm on my 3rd or 4th game.

TruckerNL
12-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Wel gut 40 drivers an income of 640.000 us dollars lost the gold medal because of storm express but annyways i trying to hitch up with dority. :rolleyes:

USA Trucker
08-08-2011, 08:50 AM
At this moment, the prospects don’t look good for a patch, or add-on. I am currently waiting for additional concrete info, but I wouldn’t expect good news for the English version of RNR. :(