PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Noob. B Brake key not working

husker37
03-23-2010, 12:45 PM
All,

After a couple of years of watching IL2 from afar, I just finally bought it. 9.99 from Steam. Can't beat it.

I've played it quite a bit, but there is one thing I can't seem to get working. The B key for brakes isn't working. I started a career in the Pacific as a USN pilot, and the only way I can get off the carrier is to use the Autopilot to release the brakes. Originally, I had problems with the G key for the gear, until some research showed me the F4 needs to manually retract gear. I'm hoping that there is something similar I need to be doing to release the brakes off a carrier.

Thank you.

brando
03-23-2010, 12:50 PM
All,

After a couple of years of watching IL2 from afar, I just finally bought it. 9.99 from Steam. Can't beat it.

I've played it quite a bit, but there is one thing I can't seem to get working. The B key for brakes isn't working. I started a career in the Pacific as a USN pilot, and the only way I can get off the carrier is to use the Autopilot to release the brakes. Originally, I had problems with the G key for the gear, until some research showed me the F4 needs to manually retract gear. I'm hoping that there is something similar I need to be doing to release the brakes off a carrier.

Thank you.

Go to the Controls list, bind a key-press to Toggle Chocks (in/out). Helps enormously ;)

B

husker37
03-23-2010, 12:55 PM
I bet the wheel chocks would be they key. I knew I was stupid. Thank you for the quick response!

Feuerfalke
03-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Go to the Controls list, bind a key-press to Toggle Chocks (in/out). Helps enormously ;)

B

To be more exact: The planes are not held by the brakes, but by chocks. You have to press the toggle chocks key, to remove them and take off.

Andy welcome to your new addiction.

I also recommend playing the game online. On most server, there are many helpful and experienced pilots for quick help, assistance and training.

husker37
03-23-2010, 01:20 PM
I've thought about the online playing, but, well, how can I put this diplomatically, I suck. ;)

brando
03-23-2010, 01:36 PM
"more exact" - LOL!