PDA

View Full Version : Problem with e1.pak

budabass
03-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Hello 1C,
I have just received a copy of MoW, but when installing the game I got an error reading "The source file is corrupted", when it tried to install the e1.pak file.
When I try to play the game, it runs just fine, apart from the fact that THERE ARE NO VEHICLES...
Could someone please upload e1.pak to rapidshare or some other file-uploading site, and send me the link (even via PM is good), or offer a different, logical solution.
Send back to the store you got it from is not a good one, because I bought this game off one of my friends (it was boxed and wrapped), and I'm not sure where he got it from. Apart from that, I live in Israel, and I order most of my games from the states. Sending the copy back to the store will result in a month or two of waiting.

Men of War is an excellent game, but without any tanks, there's no point to playing it.

Thanks in advance,
Budabass

P.S
I've copied part of this post and pasted it in a different post at the DMS forums, so if there's a special forum rule against it, please, let me know.

SpeedWolf
03-23-2010, 06:10 PM
i don't understand are you saying that when you re-install the game is get corrupted or is when you start the game?

i cannot understand how you can play men of war if a file is corrupted the game cannot load without a uncorrupted file.

also how did you know that the 1.pak is for vehicles?

anyway maybe someone else can help you but i think you need to get a new copy of the game.

בהצלחה

KnightFandragon
03-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Well Speedwolf, he prolly figured out the 1.pak applies to vehicles when it was the 1.pak file messing up and the fact he has no vehicles in game, which by the way really really must suck b/c I can tell you 1 tank makes a HUGE difference in the difficulty of a level. Where 3 infantry companies fail, 1 tank succeeds :)

SpeedWolf
03-23-2010, 06:51 PM
To:KnightFandragon

what i don't understand how he can play the game with a corrupted 1.pak file that just don't make sens.

budabass
03-23-2010, 07:03 PM
The corrupted file's effect is that there are no vehicles.
By the way, the faile name's e1.pak NOT 1.pak

Zeke Wolff
03-23-2010, 08:24 PM
There were a long thread about corrupted e1.pak files on DMS shortly after MoW were released, and it was common knowledge even then that this .pak file consisted of vehicles etc, so it is no mystery to why budabass know this as well.

However, since budabass seems to have gotten the help he needed from DMS forum users, I will lock this thread. Budabass, if you feel that the thread needs to stay open, PM me and I´ll unlock it again.

//Zeke Wolff, Moderator.