PDA

View Full Version : How long is the Alien Missile Acid effect?

tsavo
03-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Well, it looks green, so I guess it is acid, not know much about Alien tech,^_^
That is the most horrible weapon ever seen so far,
just wondering how long will the effect last?:(

Killer
03-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Yup, it is a corrosive acid. But I have not measured the time. But it seems to me that it lasts longer than in SW1.

tsavo
03-23-2010, 10:50 AM
sw1 and 2 are alien to me too

Nanaki
03-23-2010, 12:29 PM
That weapon is just plain vicious. One interesting fact I found out is that if your pilot has the Alien perk, they are immune to the acid effect.

tsavo
03-23-2010, 04:06 PM
That weapon is just plain vicious. One interesting fact I found out is that if your pilot has the Alien perk, they are immune to the acid effect.

but how can u found out that one?:confused:
we have more alien comming later?

next time, i'll bring a G4 laser defence to see if that one will work.

Nanaki
03-23-2010, 05:54 PM
but how can u found out that one?

I messed around with perks and stuff.

next time, i'll bring a G4 laser defence to see if that one will work.

Laser defense? Probably not, you need missile defense.

tsavo
03-23-2010, 11:39 PM
well, i mean
active missile defence, which uses laser beam to K.O. incoming missiles

Nanaki
03-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Well, it can be confusing considering there are actually anti-laser fields in the game.

tsavo
03-24-2010, 02:32 AM
so let's call them anit-laser-shield and anit-missile-laser

by the way, dose not anit-laser-shield protect armor as well?

Nanaki
03-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Anti-laser fields reduce the damage of all incoming laser weapons (Progenitor beams, particle accellerators, lasers, and pulse lasers) by the percentage shown. Kinda OP, really, considering they go all the way up to 90%, which renders even the powerful progenitor cannon kinda weak.

My guess is that the anti-laser fields were designed to stop people from whoring lasers, as was the obvious thing to do in Star Wolves 1 and 2.

tsavo
03-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Anti-laser fields reduce the damage of all incoming laser weapons (Progenitor beams, particle accellerators, lasers, and pulse lasers) by the percentage shown. Kinda OP, really, considering they go all the way up to 90%, which renders even the powerful progenitor cannon kinda weak.

My guess is that the anti-laser fields were designed to stop people from whoring lasers, as was the obvious thing to do in Star Wolves 1 and 2.

this is a good education indeed

so, if i use to 50% Anti-laser fields, the total result is 75%?

Nanaki
03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Donno. My guess is that they do not stack. In order to get the 90% bonus, you have to find the anti-laser system that reduces it by 90% (They exist, actually I found them to be quite common)

jerryfanfan
03-24-2010, 02:47 PM
They do stack. Just try it, have one of your fighters equipped with one antilaser, and one equipped with three antilasers of the same type, then have aother fighter with lasers shoot at the two. The difference is quite obivous.

Raziel666
03-24-2010, 05:31 PM
The anti-missile lasers are not 100% effective. If your fighter or mother ship get into the nano cloud (after the mission when Aliens engage the Berserkers lost all fighters in the cloud) better dock (fighter only). As for the duration don't know, but fighter with 1000 armor will survive barely, any less and allways dies if not docked.

tsavo
03-24-2010, 11:08 PM
They do stack. Just try it, have one of your fighters equipped with one antilaser, and one equipped with three antilasers of the same type, then have aother fighter with lasers shoot at the two. The difference is quite obivous.

das a good idea:-P
and de result is even better:cool:

tsavo
03-24-2010, 11:14 PM
The anti-missile lasers are not 100% effective. If your fighter or mother ship get into the nano cloud (after the mission when Aliens engage the Berserkers lost all fighters in the cloud) better dock (fighter only). As for the duration don't know, but fighter with 1000 armor will survive barely, any less and allways dies if not docked.

1000 armor? das a heavy Weapon of Mass Destruction
for i can only fly 2 G4s

and it is called nano cloud? so it is neither nuke, chem, nor bio? how very powerful:evil:

jerryfanfan
03-25-2010, 12:18 AM
But a torpedo fired by a guy with with "Deadly Missiles" ability is even more powerful.

Raziel666
03-25-2010, 07:44 PM
The Alien rockets don't deal much damage by itself, but their effect is devastating. The good news is, that their effect is not so strong against the Mothership. The most safest way to deal with them is to use the Mothership as diversion (don't forget to equipt it with Tungsteen repair system) and then use your fighters to take out the bombers from behind.

tsavo
03-26-2010, 12:03 AM
The Alien rockets don't deal much damage by itself, but their effect is devastating. The good news is, that their effect is not so strong against the Mothership. The most safest way to deal with them is to use the Mothership as diversion (don't forget to equipt it with Tungsteen repair system) and then use your fighters to take out the bombers from behind.

Not if u r flying a Astarte with only 600 shield, which happended to be my case:(