PDA

View Full Version : Arc of Fire

royalstagbce
03-21-2010, 07:31 AM
Can u see Ranges and Arc of Fire?
Is there any tool to view ranges and arc of fire for a chosen unit / weapon? I'm tired of guessing how far the ranges are for my tank or soldiers... this feature is very common in games like this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KnightFandragon
03-23-2010, 05:26 PM
I think the arc of fire thing is only visible on enemy units. What you do is to not have a selected unit, then I think its left click the unit you should get a series of red lines on the ground. The game tells you how to do it on the very first russian level when that 222 attacks your guys. Also, if you want to play around and just figure out ranges there is the editor. Go into the editor hit F2 then up in the top right corner click the tab then hit load, load up a map and just start playing w/ units and what not. I can tell you though almost all infantry weapons fire about to 30 for SMG's and I think its like 40 for Rifles and LMG's. 50 Cals fire 90 as well as most medium tank cannons. Its weird.....fun game but its weird haha

Crni vuk
04-21-2010, 08:04 PM
I agree some visible line of max range would be very helpfull at least artillery units like the Hummel, ISU, and mortars should get a visible circle in the map/area. Comparable to Supreme Commander 1.

KnightFandragon
04-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Company of Heroes has that arc and range circle thing....helpful but kinda odd. MoW is fine w/o those range things...just gotta play around and figure out your range as you play =D