PDA

View Full Version : Elite - What does it do?

FerretStyle
03-20-2010, 06:50 AM
The description for this perk is rather vague. "Improves piloting, shooting, and missiles by 25 percent"

So what does any of that mean? I assume piloting is maneuverability, but could be top speed as well (maybe both?) or maybe 25% avoidance (maybe all?)

Shooting could be accuracy, damage or range.

Missiles could be range, damage, resistance to interference...

So what exactly is it?

Goblin Wizard
03-20-2010, 07:02 AM
piloting and accuracy by 35% (0.35 amplifier) exactly. Piloting and maneuverability are two different stats.

FerretStyle
03-20-2010, 07:38 AM
If piloting and maneuverability aren't the same thing, then what's the difference?

Goblin Wizard
03-20-2010, 07:53 AM
"piloting" is a pilot skill (base value is 1) and "maneuverability" are connected with a ship. Piloting influences maneuverability of course but it is used as separate value too when AI counts overall turning rate of a ship and (with some others stats) when counts hit probability in fight. Greater piloting and maneuverability means lesser chance for the enemy to hit you.

Randon
03-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Also if I understand it well, piloting allows you to use better ships. Without elite, you wont be able to use rank 5 ships.

Nanaki
03-20-2010, 03:32 PM
There are actually two seperate skills, 'Pilot' and 'Piloting'...

Piloting was implimented in Star Wolves 3, and yes, it allows you to use better ships. Before Star Wolves 3, any ship can be used by any pilot.

Plot was here since the original game, and involves your manuverability and maximum speed.

Goblin Wizard
03-20-2010, 04:15 PM
You are generally right but changed pilot with piloting. "Pilot" is the perk about flying different generations of ships. AFAIK "piloting" and "pilot" has nothing with speed. Am I right?

Nanaki
03-20-2010, 05:41 PM
AFAIK "piloting" and "pilot" has nothing with speed. Am I right?

Actually, they do affect speed.

Goblin Wizard
03-20-2010, 06:08 PM
I've just checked. It surely doesn't affect max speed of the ship. I've upgraded pilot from master piloting to legendary piloting and speed stays untouched. If you know of any other "speed" let me know.