PDA

View Full Version : Weapon classifications...

ryuujin
03-19-2010, 01:32 PM
ermm. i need some help on this..probably is stupid questions.

1) is heavy kinetics weapon categorized as rapid fire type weapons?

2) is particle accelrators and plasma cannon also categorized as laser type weapons?

thx

jerryfanfan
03-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Some one just asked this recently, please search.

Rapid Fire - light machine guns, heavy gatling guns
Heavy Cannon - plasma cannons, kinetic cannons
Laser - berserker lasers, lasers, pulse lasers, particle accelerators

FerretStyle
03-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Some one just asked this recently, please search.

Rapid Fire - light machine guns, heavy gatling guns
Heavy Cannon - plasma cannons, kinetic cannons
Laser - berserker lasers, lasers, pulse lasers, particle accelerators

Aside from that, apparently precursor guns are also lasers. All small guns are classified as machine guns (at least as far as the specialization is concerned) except for lasers.

There's only one heavy rapid fire gun type that I know of, and it says rapid fire cannon in the description so you can't miss it ;)

ryuujin
03-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Aside from that, apparently precursor guns are also lasers. All small guns are classified as machine guns (at least as far as the specialization is concerned) except for lasers.

There's only one heavy rapid fire gun type that I know of, and it says rapid fire cannon in the description so you can't miss it ;)

precursor guns are laser??, but the stats kinda suggest its like a upgrade or better version of M-115 Yataghan a 4G newest heavy kinetic cannon..

and kinetics weapons, issn't that a projectile type which means using bullets not lasers..as far as i knew, kinetics weapons like artilaries always involves something tangible like ammo shell bullets, not lights (lasers).. hmm...maybe i'm wrong XD..

as for light weapon, autocannon like M-155 Simoto? this is laser type?? description mentioned projectiles so its bullet type right?? the alien gun looks like an upgrade version of it and its a rapid fire blaster ( laser or gun?? )

this is really confusing the way they put the details. they should at least name the type more specific or might as well put a pictograph/icon to represent its class

Nanaki
03-20-2010, 12:20 AM
precursor guns are laser??, but the stats kinda suggest its like a upgrade or better version of M-115 Yataghan a 4G newest heavy kinetic cannon..

They are Pulse Lasers, actually. Compare it with the Rage pulse laser sometime, and than you will realize why people love this gun so much.

Admittingly, like Alien weapons, these weapons have suffered a bit from sequel decay, since sequels have consistantly introduced newer and better weapons while they have remained mostly the same.

Killer
03-22-2010, 08:18 AM
precursor guns are laser??

Of course they are lasers. Have you seen them firing? They have been lasers since SW1....