PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard pinch, help?

meketreff
03-19-2010, 02:20 AM
Hi. I think this game is wonderful and I learned the basic stuff these days like flying, taking off and landing. I train 1x1 battles vs npc fither and its being so hard. In many tryes I just defeated it 3 times at most, I didnt do any missions yet. The npc get and stick to the tail easily and I have a oppotunities to get to its tail are rare for me. How should it be on normal? Can someone skilled defeat it fast considering same planes? My main problem tough, its the pinch trough keyboard... it just jumps and makes it impossible to follow the target on aim for the burst and then I rarely can hit. Is there any control to make the turn slower/not making maximum possible so that it can keep up not entering air resistence?

AndyJWest
03-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Ah, just seen this - have a look at my comments in the other thread you posted in.

If you have got this far using just the keyboard, I'd say you have potential though. I have enough trouble landing with a joystick, and I've only been flying IL-2 for maybe 3 years or so...

BadAim
03-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm with Andy on this one, flying with a keyboard is pretty hopeless. Even a cheap joystick will improve your experience greatly, but beware; it is the first step to becoming an IL2 addict.

meketreff
03-20-2010, 10:21 AM
I have enough trouble landing with a joystick, and I've only been flying IL-2 for maybe 3 years or so...

but beware; it is the first step to becoming an IL2 addict

Thats some love! I wonder how a battle airplane game can be better than this. I'm curious as to which are the most commom faults others sees.

Romanator21
03-21-2010, 06:40 AM
The only thing better does not yet exist :grin:

Having a stick will improve the game significantly over keyboard. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

A nice cheap stick to get you started would probably be a Logitech attack3 ($20) or attack3-d ($30) with a twist-stick for rudder. I've had mine for years without problems, but I've heard horror stories, so beware.

My current stick is the Saitek AV8R. It's $40, but I got mine from a friend. Even used, it works flawlessly, and is practically guaranteed to last years and I've only had to calibrate it a few times in the six months that I've had it. It's got two levers, twist, and a hat-switch. You can't go wrong with this one.