PDA

View Full Version : how to intercept / ambush from map

Headshot
03-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok this may seem like a simple set of questions but here goes...

I am not an enemy of anyone as of yet. I have the mission ( gov ) to intercept Tanya's people before they get to olvega and talk with the rebels there. I can spot them on the road and can click on them with what appears to be an intercept icon (the four way arrow). However when I enter the random map space they never enter the map and just pass me by no matter if I wait in tactic mode or strategic mode. What do I have to do?

Do I have to be an enemy already to intercept them?
Will I become an enemy to Tanya if and when I do intercept them?
Also the Government forces already came into Olvega and killed all the rebels including the main guy and his Lwt.
Can I just wait in the town for them to show up since there is no one there for them to talk with? And if so will it fail the mission since they want me to intercept them "Before" they can speak with the other rebels?

I hope for a quick responce .. and thanks

Headshot
If you shoot them in the head they dont often get back up.:grin:

R@S
03-18-2010, 08:55 PM
As soon as I get that mission I head towards the Forest Camp. Once nearby I'll spot the rebel patrol heading for Olvega, I left click when the 4 red arrows apperas above them. Once the tactical map is loaded the rebels are somewhere on that map, but they aren't going hostile on me. What I do is place my mercs in the best possible positions, move up with one of my mercs and shoot one of the rebels. After that a very enjoyable fight ensues.

This is the point in the game where you need to choose which side to work for, either the government or the rebels. If you ever need to make peace with one of the sides, visit Calderon and buy a cease-fire agreement for 50000 eldos.

Headshot
03-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the responce ... I went back to where the gov was attacking the rebels in Olvega and took part making me an enemy of Tanya and then was able to ambush the other group while still some ways off. I decided to take the town of Olvega for my own after the gov forces left and set up a 15 man squad to protect it.

My base camp has a 14 man team guarding it now as well but I do have a problem with the Mechanic quest. I have found four of the five guys that took part in his families murder, but I cant find the last one ... Jorge Catillo .. he was not with his brother in the drug lords place. Do you happen to know where to find him? I am heading off to get the drugs for the doc now and figure the Olvega town is far enough behind the line to not get attacked for awhile.
I am also going to do hit and run raids on enemy patrols to keep enough money to keep my town in the green so to speak. I have the jeep and a total of 4 mercs including mine and hope this will beenough for awhile.

Headshot

R@S
03-19-2010, 09:06 AM
My base camp has a 14 man team guarding it now as well but I do have a problem with the Mechanic quest. I have found four of the five guys that took part in his families murder, but I cant find the last one ... Jorge Catillo .. he was not with his brother in the drug lords place. Do you happen to know where to find him?Highlight for spoiler:
You can find him at the Plantation, which is located North-West of Fuerte Calderon. Good hunting:)

0a.Archangel.a0
03-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi guys, it might be a little later reply but still.

I had the mission and did not had problem with intercepting the Tanyas group.

Simply point over the group once the red cross appears and let my groupd directly intercept them. I have ntoiced that if you are too far than you might cross over them without intercepting. Simply mnoving up close and then clicking the red cross triggers the ambush allways :-D. Did you automaticaly entered sector or did u clicked on the 'enter sector' buton?

The guys there did not atacked me, so i placed my men on the highgrounds and rained 40mm grenades on the groups. Fast fraging. I becamed enemy of Tanya afterwards. Basicaly the quest was labeled as completed once u kill the special NPCs in the encounter.

cya