PDA

View Full Version : Will work for exp...

FerretStyle
03-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Is there really no other way to get decent combat exp in SW3 than the aliens in the precursor system? Cause I have long since burned that bridge. Now I need 900 points to unlock Elite piloting on one guy, and that's after going straight down to Ace Piloting, ignoring all optional perks (not a single pilot has gotten any points into limited-use abilities, it's kind of sad, but on hard having those new gen ships is so important).

Granted, I'm at the end of the game anyway. I'd just like to get there, without cheating, but before I die of old age :confused:

Nanaki
03-17-2010, 12:36 AM
Unfortunately, the only way IS cheating, if you consider modifying the exp you get for each ship cheating. Look in the Data/Scripts/Include/Levelup.script file. In it you can modify the multipliers yuo get for each kill, the multipliers are based upon difficulty.

The number I used was 1.2, which worked out nicely to give me enough skill points to have my pilots reasonably skilled by endgame, but not completely maxed out.

Not doing this you will grow old before you ever get 600 exp (the vanilla multipliers are 0.8 for easy, 0.65 for normal, and 0.35 for hard...)

Make sure you back up before editing anything.

flashy
03-17-2010, 10:51 AM
while slightly differnt it is to do with xp non the less, is there any difference in xp gain if u take out a hoarde of npcs with just your mothership or deploy fighters and have them get to work

tsavo
03-17-2010, 11:32 PM
well, i would attack a station which i dislike(for they do not allow me to dock or whatever), with a strong mothership, then u can get exp.

FerretStyle
03-17-2010, 11:40 PM
well, i would attack a station which i dislike(for they do not allow me to dock or whatever), with a strong mothership, then u can get exp.

The problem is that the exp is nerfed so badly on Hard that clearing out an entire station spawn might get me 3-4 points. If I would have realized that from the beginning I would have asked how to mod it because that's ridiculous (games on Hard should be difficult, but not tedious).

Thank you Nanaki for the instructions on how to do that. Exp is now coming in at a rate which still requires work but feels like an accomplishment. And I backed up my original, though I can't imagine ever going back :rolleyes: