PDA

View Full Version : The "Wrong Turns" really let this game down.

ViralHatred
03-16-2010, 08:46 AM
The "Wrong Turns" really let this game down.

I started afresh for the fun of it, Said no to triada, then said yes, got the money, got docs, gave those to MSF. I then went around collecting all the loot from various battles (saving regulary) and got shot when going near the tira portal which is "broken" so why would it matter?

So I got blown up, loaded my save and went to the next system and thought "Okay, I'll backtrack and get the loot now".

Backtracked, loot is gone, and tira portal was working so flew through it, then flew about collecting loot from the neutral pirate/patrol battles. Once I had a fair bit I decided to continue with the game. Attempting to fly back into corrino spawns the pirate kill squad, and going through any others spawn it.

So tl;dr I'm stuck in tira with spawn pirate death squads when I try to leave and I now have to restart, Thankyou for this "free-roam" game.

Hell, Easy mode punches me in the face just for doing what I'm told "Run through here it's the weakest point" and I get two shot killed by an automated turret at the point it tells me to for example.

Nanaki
03-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Hell, Easy mode punches me in the face just for doing what I'm told "Run through here it's the weakest point" and I get two shot killed by an automated turret at the point it tells me to for example.

You have to run directly between the two points on your map. You should see a very obvious hole in the automated turret grid.

Thankyou for this "free-roam" game.

The early missions involving the light freighter are basically tutorial missions, you can free roam around the galaxy as soon as you get the Mastiff, and you hardly have to fight to get the mastiff (although there are a few quest-related systems that are closed off, you generally get ample warning messages in the form of a Dispatcher saying that you will be shot on sight beyond the portal)

ViralHatred
03-16-2010, 12:07 PM
You have to run directly between the two points on your map. You should see a very obvious hole in the automated turret grid.

The early missions involving the light freighter are basically tutorial missions, you can free roam around the galaxy as soon as you get the Mastiff, and you hardly have to fight to get the mastiff (although there are a few quest-related systems that are closed off, you generally get ample warning messages in the form of a Dispatcher saying that you will be shot on sight beyond the portal)

No, you can't. The moment I'm given a mission, I.e. go back and see alex at the station. I get pirate squadded if I enter another section after entering aurora and not going to the station.

Killer
03-16-2010, 12:40 PM
And what is the problem? So go to talk to Alex and then go wherever you want...

FerretStyle
03-16-2010, 04:49 PM
The part you can free-roam (mostly) is after you get your Pirate ship ID fixed. Before that you have ships which can't even use fighters so you'd die all over the place anyway, and once you have the pirate ship you get shot at all over the place for being a pirate.

Magnus Vanguard
04-12-2010, 12:22 AM
No, you can't. The moment I'm given a mission, I.e. go back and see alex at the station. I get pirate squadded if I enter another section after entering aurora and not going to the station.

Yes mate this happened to me as well I had to go back through my saves to find one from before my little free roam... which obviously "tilted" the game some how. If you don't have that earlier save then sorry its start again :)