PDA

View Full Version : What is good,what is bad in SW3

noamd_moon
03-15-2010, 02:15 AM
I'm a hardcore fun of space STG\RPG\ADV games

For We should know every game have it's limmit($).

But I write this ,just whish the SW3 to sell s0oooo good .( to make your run the 4th)

Thank 1C and dev team, you are cool!!

I played Starwovles from 1 to 3,
Homeworld from 1~2 and the Cataclysm
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
Among this games, the Starwovles,is my best love.
so and I want to compare it's good and bad,just wish the SW's legacy will coming to the 4th.

storyline

SW3 good: true multiliner, free world,very amazing story view
bad: main story and the side mission are not clear tagged,so it like's SW1 need reload times to end it my way.

suggest:

I see the readme and there actually have a backgroud system record your "score" to every side.
why not to display it in future SW4 GUI(or what) and it could related to PERK system and TRADING system.
AND WHEN the side mission and main mission are fully tag,I wish the main story line have bigger meaning, like SW1,
to help people \ advanture deep space(find myst) \ loot treaturs... may be can also add a title system(like Siant\Pirate King....)
SW3 is good ,but still I have feeling that i can play a bigger roll in SW1's world. (more love the old hero,maybe should let the gammer select the hero's
pic.

SW1 SW2 SW3 homeworld2 Nexus

graphics 7 -- 8 7.8 8.5~9 for lunch year

SW3: good :BG are cool! new shader effect , the best station among sw1~SW3
bad: light effect are not enough, I use 8X to 16x filture in a NV9600GT,didn't see much different, and a space game need to intergrated it's
engine effect with art design carefully, I see nexus is better in this.

BG have a bit less than homeworld2
exmp: The city light in BG some times.....
exmp: The BG "Precuser battleship"'s turrets like a guntower from WWII.

Sound
whish more speaking sound....

ITEM's gun \fighter
This is the most brilliant part in SW, SW3 is better than SW2. the 809laser... plasma gun...but it's SW3 ,may be add some newkind of weapon
(force gun /sheild drain /alien black hole super gun...)why allien still use thier old fashion gun? the human are fighting them with deadly new
weapons. NESF main fighter are not goodlooking like SW1 's gen 3 fighter, tiger are good(idea from starwar?)but puma panzer are not,
mk2s are good,but for old SW funs you should not just cut gen 3 to 4th and 3th fighter.to me, bident is always looks like 2nd fighter,and
we are so short for 5th fighter's ,we see wyrwen like huge surprise in SW1,now i like other surprise in SW3.

Sorry for my bad english writting, i'm not english native speaker:P

Killer
03-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Well I must admit that after SW2 (horribly bugged game) I was surprised how few bugs there are in SW3. There are still some, especially in the InoCo campaign, but the game is still enjoyable to play.

Wiaf
03-15-2010, 09:24 AM
oh nexus the jupiter incident i loved that game had super advanced graphics and was awesome to just pause give order lean back and watch the wrath :D

but i have to agree star wolves 3 rocks <3 and lets speak truth ive seen games that were unplayable due to bugs (Gothic 3 e.g)

-W

Nanaki
03-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Three things I loved about the game over its predecessors....

1: Lack of bugs.

2: Mothership changes. The Star Wolf and Ramadanta were becoming a bit of an eyesore for me.

3: Large calibre weapons.

Killer
03-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Well I just hope the work more on pathfinding in SW4. It is better here than in SW1 and 2 but still far from perfect. Ships are still bumping to each other or to objects and sometime plotting a long course to a portal results in MS being stuck trying to find a way by turnig at one spot...