PDA

View Full Version : Poll- best or your favorite fighter and weapon

superd
03-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Just want to have a poll the best fighter and weapon.

Example, Amadeus and raga are probably the two most expensive fighter weapon of the game. I set a dual when I order two of my pilots in the same fighter with same system to shoot at each other.

the one with a pair of amadeus easily crushed raga. I tried about 10 times. Each time Amadeus wins. It seems that damage is more important than rate.

I would love to make a comparison of Caliber guns. But I don't have two MS' to shoot at each other.

Nanaki
03-14-2010, 02:59 PM
the one with a pair of amadeus easily crushed raga. I tried about 10 times. Each time Amadeus wins. It seems that damage is more important than rate.

Out of curiousity, are you considering pilot skill as well?

I would love to make a comparison of Caliber guns. But I don't have two MS' to shoot at each other.

Schwarz Kalema- 1200 / 3 = 400
Pegasus- 1600 / 4 = 400
Basilica- 1300 / 3 = 433
Musket- 900 / 2 = 450
Falconet- 1200 / 3 = 400

It seems like overall the Musket wins against all but anti-laser shielded targets, even more of a bonus that it vastly outranges other major calibre guns (Musket has a range of 135, most others have around 115), however, the Musket and Falconet are both affected by anti-laser fields. If against a shielded target, than the Basilica seems to win aganst both the Pegasus, and the Schwarz Kalema (The Schwarz Kalema is the modified major caliber gun that Kalem gives you in the story mode, their stats are really good considering they are free)

superd
03-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Out of curiousity, are you considering pilot skill as well?

Schwarz Kalema- 1200 / 3 = 400
Pegasus- 1600 / 4 = 400
Basilica- 1300 / 3 = 433
Musket- 900 / 2 = 450
Falconet- 1200 / 3 = 400

It seems like overall the Musket wins against all but anti-laser shielded targets, even more of a bonus that it vastly outranges other major calibre guns (Musket has a range of 135, most others have around 115), however, the Musket and Falconet are both affected by anti-laser fields. If against a shielded target, than the Basilica seems to win aganst both the Pegasus, and the Schwarz Kalema (The Schwarz Kalema is the modified major caliber gun that Kalem gives you in the story mode, their stats are really good considering they are free)

Why do you divide damage by 2, 3, 4? can you explain.

For the gun comparison, my two pilots have the same skill. But it actually does not matter. Because I exchange their guns. Whoever has the Amadeous wins the dual.

Nanaki
03-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Rate of fire modifiers. The Schwarz Kalema fires every 3 seconds, the Pegasus fires every four seconds.

For the gun comparison, my two pilots have the same skill. But it actually does not matter. Because I exchange their guns. Whoever has the Amadeous wins the dual.

Checked the gun stats. The Asmodeus does one shot with 260 damage, the Rage (not Raga) does 65 damage in a 4-shot burst. They have the same recharge time. Since the Asmodeus is doing all of its damage in one shot, and chances are that shot is connecting, its the better weapon.

Try pitting the Asmoedus against the Rage with inexperianced pilots and you probably will get reversed results. The rage is more inexperiance-friendly since it is less reliant on great accuracy and generally works by just throwing out a bunch of lasers and hoping one hits.

superd
03-15-2010, 04:15 AM
Rate of fire modifiers. The Schwarz Kalema fires every 3 seconds, the Pegasus fires every four seconds.

Checked the gun stats. The Asmodeus does one shot with 260 damage, the Rage (not Raga) does 65 damage in a 4-shot burst. They have the same recharge time. Since the Asmodeus is doing all of its damage in one shot, and chances are that shot is connecting, its the better weapon.

Try pitting the Asmoedus against the Rage with inexperianced pilots and you probably will get reversed results. The rage is more inexperiance-friendly since it is less reliant on great accuracy and generally works by just throwing out a bunch of lasers and hoping one hits.

Will try to find a previous save to do another dual. But since it is recommended that players devote all xps to piloting first in order to flight fighters of higher generations. Once you get Asmoedus or rage you are somewhat "experienced". Therefore, I think it is safe to say for heavy guns, damage is more important than rate. Of course, accuracy should matter too.

Goblin Wizard
03-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Thing changes much when the pilot has "critical hit" perk. Most fighters (tier 1-3) are one hit for Asmodeus so killing something with two times greater damage is really a waste. You can score more critical hits and kill more targets in the same time with a rapid firing weapons.
Asmodeus is good for experienced pilots (without "critical hit" perk) when the chance of hit is high. In all others situations I prefer pulse lasers.