PDA

View Full Version : O.K. I give up. How to make the final InoCo mission?

Killer
03-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Hello,

after finishing the game for NESF and MSF (both Viper and the admiral) I took the InoCo (Alex) path. And I am stuck at the last mission. I mean, I like challenge, I hate easy games. But this is not a challenge. It is a nightmare. How the hell am I supposed to do anything. I just defeated the first wave, which cost me most of my allies from MSF and NSEF and most of my special abilities. I was lucky, all my pilots survived. So I tried to dock them for rearm, but before the first one got to the hangar, another wave of 60+ bersekrs appeared quickly finishing the remains of my allies and my idiotic pilots who dock in incredibely long. Has anyone managed to do this mission? What am I doing wrong? I would welocme any advice. I really hate cheating, but this mission tempts me to use a cheat :-(

jerryfanfan
03-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Get beam deflectors on your fighters and the mothership, as Berserks only use beam weapons. Also, get Multiple Shield Generators on the mothership and uses Alex's Polarizer ability to recharge shield when it is drained. Finally, use Cleric's Berserk Hack to capture the Super Chimera capital ships for extra firepower. It might help to hide Alex and Cleric up or down out of the map to keep them out of combat and use their abilities.

Killer
03-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks, will try. I have antilaser on the MS already, but will try to give it to fighters as well.

EDIT:

I have just used berserk hack on a superchimera, which resulted in all my allies turning red and hostile. Have I done something wrong or is this a bug?

Nanaki
03-14-2010, 01:52 PM
More than likely Berzerk hack causes the Berzerk to join your faction, and since its currently attacking your allies, your allies interpret this as you taking hostile action on them.

A bug, yeah.

Killer
03-14-2010, 02:09 PM
The problem is that even if I jump in alone and use the berserk hack, once allies jump in, they are also hostile.

It seems I am screwed as I simply am not able to kill those hundrets of berserks :-(

Hmm, for those who managed to do the mission. What difference is there if I take the Emperor first as Alex suggested?

jerryfanfan
03-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Go to Shula portal in Eridani, that will make you jump into Zebos before your allies, where you can take over the super chimeras.

Killer
03-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Go to Shula portal in Eridani, that will make you jump into Zebos before your allies, where you can take over the super chimeras.

Yup, I have done that. But as soon as I clear a portal, incoming allies are automaticaly hostile :( Will try once more, but I admit I am really disappointed how hard this mission is in comparison to other endings...

Killer
03-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Hmm, maybe I will sound like a beggar, but could someone send me a savegame right before the end of this mission? Whatever I try, those hordes of Berserks kill me sooner or later :(

jerryfanfan
03-15-2010, 02:09 PM
There you go, just use the mothership and rambo through the system. But do shoot the Super Chimeras on sight, as the Antilaser on your ships won't stop its projectile based weapons.

Killer
03-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Thank you very much!

Killer
03-15-2010, 05:09 PM
I DID IT. Right now I beated this cursed mission :) I used the jerryfanfans save just to check how to equip the ship.

The only change I had to do was to put the +80% antilaser defense to my MS! Then it was easy.

The only disappointment is that the end is identical to others. Now is the time to wait for SW4.

Trucidation
05-12-2010, 11:37 AM
This was one badass final mission, yeah. When I finished it my shrieks of triumph at 4am probably woke up the neighbours, lmao.

Yeah, berserks = use antilasers. I, too, tried bringing everyone at first (I saved the heroic solo path for last), and was disappointed at how easily it seemed my allies got their asses kicked.

The constant swarm of fighters was crazy, though. Took a few reloads before I wised up and destroyed the main dockyard. I tried NOT to let my allies join (lol), but somehow stray fire must've destroyed those hyperjammers and they arrived, so I said heck with it and let them all in.

-
I'm bumping this btw because I think the title's incorrect: this is *Alex*'s path, right? If I'm not mistaken InoCo's path is different, something about siding with SAM. These two paths are the last storyline branches I'm playing, so I don't have a clear picture of them. I also just found out about the InoCo script bugs and I don't think they're on this path.