PDA

View Full Version : Weapon proficiency help!

recoba2008
03-14-2010, 02:50 AM
Can someone tell me how these weapon proficiency works?
Like particle accelerator is applied to laser proficiency or Heavy cannon proficiency?Thank you very much.

valky
03-14-2010, 03:01 AM
laser prof: particle + laser (+ berserk laser)
heavy weap: plasma + kinetic
machine gun: gatling guns (heavy gun) + machine guns (usualy nearly all light weapons)

But if you mouse-over there should be a description under the portrait according the proficiency...

FerretStyle
03-16-2010, 05:04 PM
The particle accelerator doesn't say anything that would link it to any of the proficiencies, other than it's a "cannon type - heavy" (which all heavy guns say). Precursor guns don't have any apparent proficiency match either. It'd be nice to have something conclusive about these two.

valky
03-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Lasers - A character with this skill does better
when firing lasers and particle accelerators. This
skill is natural for gunners only.

taken from the manual :rolleyes:

Nanaki
03-16-2010, 09:43 PM
The particle accelerator doesn't say anything that would link it to any of the proficiencies, other than it's a "cannon type - heavy" (which all heavy guns say). Precursor guns don't have any apparent proficiency match either. It'd be nice to have something conclusive about these two.

Precursor guns are just very, very overpowered pulse lasers.

FerretStyle
03-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Who would have thought a PC game manual would actually be useful for something... or maybe I should say "who would have thought the manual would say something different than the in-game tooltip".

Anyway, I guess the precursor guns being laser-spec would make sense since Ternie gets the precursor tech but have you tested to be sure? Or is there a game file that has those designations or something?

Nanaki
03-18-2010, 12:53 AM
I looked through the game files... modules.xml I believe.