PDA

View Full Version : Just finished playing the WOP demo....

BadAim
03-13-2010, 08:50 PM
....no competition for IL2 or SOW there. I quit after about 20 mins and about 15 kills because I was bored out of my mind, and my eyes hurt. LOL, won't be buying that one.

Desode
03-14-2010, 02:06 AM
....no competition for IL2 or SOW there. I quit after about 20 mins and about 15 kills because I was bored out of my mind, and my eyes hurt. LOL, won't be buying that one.
Its a shame that the demo doesn't let you enjoy Full Sim mode at all.
They really need to fix that soon.

I'll make you a deal though, You buy WOP and if you can beat the whole game on Full sim with Limited Ammo and limited fuel with Additional trys set to None, and Full sim setting, Well, Then I will personal buy you your copy of SOW when it comes out. Now mind you,,, you have to use fraps to record all your missions and then post them. And the missions have to be recorded live, not the replay. You have to start recording at the Pre missions setting page so your settings are shown. You have to beat the entire campaign and the single missions. I'll give you 1 month to do this.
I mean it should be a cake walk for ya.
However,
If you can't do it then You buy me my copy of SOW on day one of release. You game ?
I know 27 people who have given up or failed at this objective so far ,and they are all Sim heads of 20+ years. 8 of them are real life pilots.
To this day I personally don't know anyone that has been able to do this.
I have made a post about this at one time or another on every Sim forum I can find on the web and no one has been able to do it.

Desode

Desode
03-14-2010, 02:38 AM
Oh and please don't take my offer as a my being a smart A**. I don't mean it that way, not even the slightest bit.
I would just like to see this done. I always hear people saying how easy WOP is but, no one can do this.
I like WOP, I like ROF and Love Il2 and one of my favs of all times is DCS black shark on full sim settings. I have been playing sims for 22 years, so I'm not a noob to flight games.

If you don't want to take up my challenge thats fine, I'm not going to attack you about it. Consider this just a friendly 1C senior member offer thrown your way. A wager of sorts.

Also know that just about every senior member on these forums has my utmost respect. Thats why I continue to come to these forums. This is one of the best forums on which to keep a open mind and meet some top notch gamers.

Desode

BadAim
03-14-2010, 07:14 PM
I can't be bothered really, and don't take that as me being a smart a$$. I just can't be bothered. I had the demo on the highest settings I could find, and I didn't find it to be easy, as a matter of fact I felt the spitfire was unrealistically difficult to fly. I wasn't saying the game was to easy for me, I was saying I didn't like it. It's just my opinion, like my opinion that Miller is panther pi$$, I have nothing against people who do like it, I'd just rather drink beer. If you like WOP, it's cool, I'd just rather stick with IL2.

Desode
03-14-2010, 10:08 PM
I can't be bothered really, and don't take that as me being a smart a$$. I just can't be bothered. I had the demo on the highest settings I could find, and I didn't find it to be easy, as a matter of fact I felt the spitfire was unrealistically difficult to fly. I wasn't saying the game was to easy for me, I was saying I didn't like it. It's just my opinion, like my opinion that Miller is panther pi$$, I have nothing against people who do like it, I'd just rather drink beer. If you like WOP, it's cool, I'd just rather stick with IL2.

No problem, I know I feel the same way about Bud. LOL
Like I said I don't think I have met a sim I don't like for atleast some aspect of it. WOP has a sense of flight that is true to real life (I'm a pilot)that Il2 doesn't have. It also has the most realistic prop wash I have experienced in a Sim.
That is why I enjoy it at times.
On the flip side Il2 has the FM and Scope of theatre I like, so I overlook its complete lack of true sensation of flight. Grant it Il2 is a older game engine.

I'm praying SOW can take the best presented aspects of all kinds of sims and roll it into one game.
I was playing some BOB II today and I really hope SOW has a AI system that good. BOB II's AI never ceases to amazing me. In my opinion is a true work of coding ART !

BadAim
03-16-2010, 10:27 AM
I have great hope for SOW, I believe it will be the stuff of simmers dreams. BTW, I'll give the WOP Demo a second run when I have time, after all, I did D/L the thing to give it a fair shake. I still doubt I'll buy it, but I will give 'er another go.

BluesmanSF
03-17-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm a bit confused here, is there an option for absolute Full-Sim mode in the demo? Because the talk about greater seat-of-the-pants feeling really got me intrigued. (around 15 hours logged in a AS202 Bravo, and yes it's next to nothing but enough to get in love with the feeling :) )
Would like to try it out..

6S_Blues

kimosabi
03-17-2010, 12:09 PM
The demo does not have the Full Sim-option, Bluesman. To some that's a shame because they feel that it doesn't give a good impression about WoP that way.

zakkandrachoff
03-17-2010, 02:14 PM
I love the terrain of wings of prey. But is not a complete simulator. Is very simple
And I cant believe that the Bf 109G6 whit wings cannons is one of the best planes on the game. And P47 and P51 are very unstable planes. 190 too. Very sad. Not competition for SOW. Very arcade compared with IL2. And very incomplete. They only want easy money.
Storm of War will be the Queen of Air combat simulators.

Tree_UK
03-17-2010, 10:11 PM
I enjoyed playing it, but its not as good has Il2, but nevertheless Oleg Maddox games did a great job of it.

Avimimus
03-18-2010, 02:29 AM
I enjoyed playing it, but its not as good has Il2, but nevertheless Oleg Maddox games did a great job of it.

Maddox Games didn't develop this - they just lent some code and the brand name. I agree though: It looks like they (Gaijin) did a fairly good job - especially given that it's a consol title.

Who knows? maybe Oleg wouldn't have done as good a job? He makes amazing sims - but getting them to work with a gamepad is an entirely different challenge. Who knows? I certainly don't. How anyone can use a gamepad is a mystery to me ;)

BadAim
03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
I went to give the Demo another try, and it didn't save my joystick settings! Oh,well. It seems to be all the rage.....poorly designed demos. Not very convincing. 4.10 is on the way though, that'll keep me busy for a while.

Desode
03-19-2010, 08:05 AM
I love the terrain of wings of prey. But is not a complete simulator. Is very simple
And I cant believe that the Bf 109G6 whit wings cannons is one of the best planes on the game. And P47 and P51 are very unstable planes. 190 too. Very sad. Not competition for SOW. Very arcade compared with IL2. And very incomplete. They only want easy money.
Storm of War will be the Queen of Air combat simulators.

The Bf109g6 is no where near the best plane in WOP, I can take the P47 or the p51 and rip it out of the sky.

The flight models are almost the exact same as Il2 on Full sim,and they have been tweaked and changed since release to be better.
Its been tested and if you search around there is side by side video running
Il2 1946 and WOP showing stalls and spins in aircraft at the exact same time, in side by side comparison.

Now WOP falls short of Il2 in lots of aspects, but the DEV's commitment to the game is nothing short of Amazing.
We have had over 3 gigs of patches to fix things according to the sim communitys wishes and that has been in just under 2 months !!! I have never seen a game that supported.
Plus a FMB is being created right now and more fixes come out just about every few weeks.

That alone kind of Kills your " They only want easy money." comment.
If you knew the whole story you wouldn't feel that way at all.

In the overall package department, nothing is going to top Il2 1946 for a long time.

I will still be playing Il2 1946 after SOW comes out. Its going to be 5 to 10 years before SOW has the Scope and depth of Theatre that Il2 1946 has.

As for WOP it is still a baby. Thanks to all of us long time sim fans that give our support to this genre in any way we can,, I have no doubt that Wop will grow and change to the communitys needs and wants.

3+ gigs of fixes and changes in under two months clearly shows that the Dev's are commited to giving us what we want.
From a FMB to improved FM and DM and dedicated servers,, to full Coop, they are working thier tails off making WOP a game for the Combat Sim Community.

Sadly the Demo sucks, it doesn't safe your controls and you can't fly in Full sim mode, and WOP has changed so much since release that the demo is at this point a Horrible representation of what WOP is and how it is growing and changing.
Desode