PDA

View Full Version : Help! MSF Moskva mission

True-Chaos
03-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Ok... So asked to shadow a NESF transport filled with weapons..

Completed the Angarsk part with no problem...

However on returning to Moskva....

States I have to get away from the portal

If I put my mothership/fighters outside of scanner range of the portal (400 clicks using the best scanner) then I fail the quest as being too far away from the transport when it enters the system

But if I'm within scanner range (Either just at the edge of 400 as the mothership with no cloaking, or just at the edge of 350 with a fighter cloaked at 80%) I fail instantly as too close to the portal....

I haven't been able to try a cloaked mothership yet as I haven't been able to buy one .... Hopefully I'm missing something??

Nanaki
03-12-2010, 03:23 PM
You have to stay between 300 and 400 with your mothership. I would not bother using fighters unless you have one with a sensor... If you do not, than I recommend equipping your mothership with a powerful sensor.

Overall, it is a very fustrating mission, but the reward is worth it.

Also remember, you will fail the 'Get away from the portal' objective (its bugged), but you can still complete the mission. You will know if you failed the mission if Ternie suddenly says the mission was a waste of time. If Ternie does not say that, than you did not fail the mission.

valky
03-12-2010, 03:29 PM
seems like a bug, but you can finish the mission anyway (got the same problem only 2-3h ago :rolleyes:)
Just keep your mo-ship and the fighters which don't scout 4-5 fields right of the portal or maybe even further, you only need 1 ship with a 350 clicks sensor and maybe (!) some cheap cloaking device.
You can easily follow him and it doesn't matter if you come too close (you'll get some warning message) with a cloaking device. Kept myself at ~300 distance to him.

The only mystery seems that the mission is failed if you get a message from Ternie, otherwise keep on going. If successful, at the target station you'll send for reinforcements and the trigger for the governor seems to be a ship or mo-ship near the station where you got the mission (afaik, can't remember, there 'll be some text and that's it)

hth

Nanaki
03-12-2010, 06:45 PM
Actually, about two or three squads of MSF Fighters spawn, and one squad of NESF fighters spawn. The NESF Fighters are, predictably, slaughtered and than the MSF Fighters fly up to you, thank you, and give you a Wyvern MK2 as a reward.

superd
03-13-2010, 11:00 AM
yes, just get a nice scanner and keep the transport (it is a walrus) within your radius. Follow it until it disappear in a station. In my case it is the power plant. Failure at the portal is irrelevant.