PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on InoCo mission *Spoiler

jerryfanfan
03-10-2010, 12:19 PM
I am on the InoCo mission at XT-45 where I have to recover the cargo from a Triada Station. I reached the station, The Stranger shows up, killed the enemies, and tells me to transfer my biometrics, and load the cargo. Then SAM shows comes in his weird looking mothership. I get no new objectives at this point. If I try to leave the system the Mothership Blows up. So I am stuck. Help:confused:

Nanaki
03-11-2010, 12:20 AM
The Inoco mission line is bugged... I recommend avoiding it

Killer
03-11-2010, 09:12 AM
It has already been mentioned here.

1. Fire up your favorite plain text editor (windows notepad will do fine)
2. In your SW3 install directory open the file 'Data\Scripts\Quests\mission_8e\InoCoSecret_XT45.s cript' with the text editor. (don't forget to make a backup of this file).
3. Search for "ship_uel1:SetGodMode();" (without the quotes)
4. Modify this line so it reads "ship_uel1_1:SetGodMode();" (without the quotes) (modification marked in red)
5. Save the modified file
6. Load your savegame (must be from before you arrived at the station and the dialog with the 'strangers' started).
7. Enjoy

Minus
03-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Thank you for this tip. I had the same problem and it works fine for me :)

Trucidation
05-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Was looking around the forum for this bug, thanks for the fix. This deserves to be mentioned in a sticky as it fixes a game-breaking bug. Nice work!

Actually, can anyone say where exactly does the InoCo path start? I know there's a decision point at the mission arc for Triada where you're supposed to put spy satellites around the system but you rat them out to InoCo and go through the hyper portal like Dickens tells you to. But after that it seems I have no more contact with them, I receive Alex's message and then the story continues from there.

Hal2003
05-12-2010, 10:13 AM
If you decide to work for Trida and than chose the InoCo side in XT54, you will be placed to Alex path.

If you want go to InoCo path refuse work for Trida.

Trucidation
05-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Cheers, that clears things up! Thanks. The Alex path beginning is a little misleading though; that InoCo boardmember guy Dickens said he was looking for you, and that he'll contact you again. But then nothing, and I get hostiled by the InoCo forces outside of Gaeon D: Ran like hell until I reached MSF territory, then Alex's message to go to Charon arrived.

Looks like I'm gonna have to replay the game again to get the InoCo path. Awesome (I've already replayed it a bunch of times and gotten the other endings). The only sad thing is that I already know what are the best items to use, haha, no more discovering new stuff.

Edit: Just realised I got on Alex's path ending also by refusing to help Aja towards the final arc of the Triada path. No wonder I was confused when I read that other thread about Alex's path.

Talbain
10-17-2010, 02:17 PM
It has already been mentioned here.

1. Fire up your favorite plain text editor (windows notepad will do fine)
2. In your SW3 install directory open the file 'Data\Scripts\Quests\mission_8e\InoCoSecret_XT45.s cript' with the text editor. (don't forget to make a backup of this file).
3. Search for "ship_uel1:SetGodMode();" (without the quotes)
4. Modify this line so it reads "ship_uel1_1:SetGodMode();" (without the quotes) (modification marked in red)
5. Save the modified file
6. Load your savegame (must be from before you arrived at the station and the dialog with the 'strangers' started).
7. Enjoy
Ok, i started the modification, but for some reason it won't let me save the file. Any tips?

Trucidation
10-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Won't let you save = probably a Windows permissions thing, is your account an admin one?

Or just download the fixed scripts from this thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14788