PDA

View Full Version : Cannot run Red Tide in Steam

camman44
03-10-2010, 01:10 AM
Well, I just got Men Of War to run in Windows 7 by using the previous version feature...It still will not run from the desktop icon which I deleted...When I try to start RED TIDE from the STEAM menu I get an error message...I have been unable to re- download the game and the previous version feature does not work,,,Any ideas?

razputin
03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
What is the error message?

I have both Steam versions installed under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit but I have not actually started playing Red Tide yet, I only entered into the menus to adjust the settings.

Have you checked on the Stem forums yet for similar problems?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593

camman44
03-13-2010, 12:38 AM
I get a message that says 0x22 exception access violation main non executable. Then 7 opens a box that says main stopped working. It worked before than my son says he did something with the shortcut, now I cannot get it to load...Thanks for any help.

razputin
03-13-2010, 02:39 PM
You should be able to create new shortcuts by going to:

..\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\ folder (where 'username' would be you or your son's steam account name)

...and look for the Men of War or Red Tide folder. There should be an executable file that you can right-click on and create a new shortcut.