PDA

View Full Version : Patch?

Unforgiven_II
03-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Hello,

after the game cannot replayed once finished (look here) (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13458), the graphics are not as expected (explained here) (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=13422) and there are problems like textures turning black or dissapearing (a few threads), many users can't even start the game without editing the config-file manually, or problems with the shortcut created by installer, etc... is there any news a patch will be released or that someone is looking into the issues listed?

This thread is not mentioned to be a flame or something like that, just a question. I played the game and enjoyed it, but i think it could be a far better experience than it currently is.

Thanks and sorry 4 my english.

OugaBooga
03-10-2010, 07:09 AM
I Hope to find out soon what the game is like

pjanko
04-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Anyone solved problem with bad graphics. I like the game, same as i liked necrovision; but i don't want to play it in that conditions...please help...is there anything to be edited in the config file...

Sneaksie
04-30-2010, 08:54 AM
What resolution you have set in the game options? It seems that this problem occurs only if a low resolution like 1024x768 is selected.

pjanko
04-30-2010, 11:17 AM
What resolution you have set in the game options? It seems that this problem occurs only if a low resolution like 1024x768 is selected.

No, on any resolution,..same problem; even if you set all to "High"...

Sneaksie
04-30-2010, 12:09 PM
What is your video card, drivers version? Do you force anti-aliasing using nHancer or ati tray tools?

AncientMariner
04-30-2010, 02:00 PM
I must admit, I've never had problems with the graphics (XP, DX9, High, 1680x1050, 2x8800GTX). There are workarounds for the dependence on collecting that Vampire artefact posted here but not ideal, admittedly. My problem is no inverted mouse on the flying sections.

I've posted here, the Steam forum and e-mailed The Farm 51 just to get an answer on whether or not we can expect a patch. Sadly, no reply. I really would like to play through this game again, "properly".

Any word, Nike It, even if it's "no"?

pjanko
04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
What is your video card, drivers version? Do you force anti-aliasing using nHancer or ati tray tools?

My video card is Nvidia 9800 GT, system-vista 32-bit and I don't force antialiasing; I've tried to search over the net hoping someone solved that problem...a few guys have similar problem;..:confused:

OugaBooga
05-06-2010, 09:02 AM
:!:Really is upsetting that No official fix is ready for this.
Steam usually has great deals on games & i hope to enjoy this title EVEN though the dev's "seem" to have given up on patching it.
I was excited to get this day 1 but with NO publisher releasing it in north america makes me not care to import it.
I am tired of waiting for a retail copy & i hope to see this on steam for like $15 or less soon even without an official patch.
Dev's seem not to care what so ever.
Sad that necro has suffered this since the 1st edition.
I doubt there will be another necro released :((

AncientMariner
05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
:!:Really is upsetting that No official fix is ready for this...
Absolutely agreed, OugaBooga. NVN gameplay is pretty well unique as far as I can tell. And I love it :) I think The Farm 51 could push out a few budget priced expansions and the afficianados would definitely buy them. But not if they're not supported :(

pjanko
05-07-2010, 06:40 AM
I've tried with new drivers & some changes in video configurations but there is no effect,...what I can only say is that it seems like xp users have no problem with bad graphics.( maybe because of dx 9),..I can't believe that anyone can play the game in that condition...

Artas1984
05-24-2010, 01:52 AM
I've tried with new drivers & some changes in video configurations but there is no effect,...what I can only say is that it seems like xp users have no problem with bad graphics.( maybe because of dx 9),..I can't believe that anyone can play the game in that condition...

Wrong, DX9 users have problems, i see those ugly pixels too. I am using the max settings possible.

This game needs a patch BIG TIME NOW; where the fukc is it?

pjanko
05-25-2010, 04:36 PM
..Can't believe people can play game with such crappy graphics...

Sneaksie
05-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Try to turn HDR off.

pjanko
05-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Try to turn HDR off.

I did, nothing happened, same crappy graphics,..:!::!::!:

Janys
06-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Hold tight, guys. A patch is coming very soon :)

pjanko
06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Hold tight, guys. A patch is coming very soon :)

How soon??

ps_matt
06-29-2010, 04:36 PM
How soon??

Well, since patch 1.1 is out on Impulse for a few days now, I guess pretty soon...

Janys
07-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Well, since patch 1.1 is out on Impulse for a few days now, I guess pretty soon...

Yes, we've sent the patch to digital distros already... some released it sooner than planned :/ CZ/EN/PL retail patch should be ready on Monday.

AncientMariner
07-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Yes, we've sent the patch to digital distros already... some released it sooner than planned :/ CZ/EN/PL retail patch should be ready on Monday.
That's very good news. I must admit that I didn't think one would ever arrive. Loads of thanks to you guys and The Farm 51.

I have reinstalled the game awaiting Steam getting it's rear end into gear and applying the patch :rolleyes: Just for fun, I played through the first couple of chapters. There's not a FPS I know (and I've played a lot) that does melee like NVN :grin:

ps_matt
07-05-2010, 03:49 PM
That's very good news. I must admit that I didn't think one would ever arrive. Loads of thanks to you guys and The Farm 51.

I have reinstalled the game awaiting Steam getting it's rear end into gear and applying the patch :rolleyes: Just for fun, I played through the first couple of chapters. There's not a FPS I know (and I've played a lot) that does melee like NVN :grin:

Mirror ist ready at Cenega. And also here:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/necrovision_lost_company.php#11pl

Matthias

jbailey8
07-06-2010, 02:53 AM
Just in case anyone is wondering, here's the listed changes:

This new version contains several bug fixes:

* Fixed antialiasing issues on DirectX 10
* Fixed pixelated graphics that occured on some systems
* Fixed crash on ATI 10.2 drivers
* Fixed issue with missing objective item when playing level "The Cure" for the second time
* Invert Mouse option for flying a plane is working now
* Copyprotection checks removed

:)

I have the steam version, so I'll have to wait until steam applies the
patch.....

AncientMariner
07-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Just in case anyone is wondering, here's the listed changes...
* Fixed issue with missing objective item when playing level "The Cure" for the second time
* Invert Mouse option for flying a plane is working now
... I have the steam version, so I'll have to wait until steam applies the
patch.....
Those are the two fixes I'm desperate for. I also have the Steam version. I load the game daily in the hope that the patch is available :)

AncientMariner
07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Sorry about the double post but I'm hoping to catch Janys's eye.

@Janys - Did the patch go to Steam and do you know if they intend to offer it. They must have had it for a couple of weeks or so, now but no sign of it. Thank you

jbailey8
07-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Would it be possible to apply the disk version patch to the steam version
without corrupting the game? It's really beginning to look like the steam
patch isn't forthcoming, sad really.

:(

Sneaksie
07-15-2010, 08:16 AM
The patch should become available on Steam tomorrow.

AncientMariner
07-15-2010, 09:50 AM
@Sneaksie - You've made an old man very happy :grin:

@jbailey - Just for future reference, all my reading around the Web says this is not possible. I tried it anyway :rolleyes: Even if I take the game files out of the Steam directory and put them in a "spoof" file structure (mimicking the original NVN) the patch executable still believes the game is not installed. I draw the line at mucking about with regedit.

jbailey8
07-15-2010, 12:52 PM
It's good to know I was wrong about the patch, and it will be available
soon! Thanks for the info regarding the disk-to-steam patch stuff
AncientMariner...

:)

jbailey8
07-19-2010, 12:48 PM
What happened to the patch?

mrburnstick
07-19-2010, 04:50 PM
when the steam patch coming out for this? :(

OugaBooga
08-31-2010, 12:25 PM
FUNNY how i am FORCED to get this game on steam instead of retail but when it comes to getting an update that's been out for a while i still see no info about this patch on steam.
THX a LOT 1C company, i would imagine you would want steam to show off your game with ALL ur updates ASAP.

Artas1984
02-21-2011, 09:49 AM
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/necrovision_lost_company.php#11pl

This link is dead.

WHERE THE FUC IS THE PATCH?

AncientMariner
02-21-2011, 11:34 AM
My copy is from Steam, bought in the UK. A patch arrived for my version. It definitely cures the invert mouse and "missing artefact" problems. I never had the graphics glitches, so I can't comment on that.

Checking on Steam, it does not show this as an update for the game in "News", "Client Updates" or anywhere else :confused: Therefore, if you have the Steam version, it may be patched already.

I hope that helps

Cheers

jbailey8
02-21-2011, 11:53 PM
This link seemed to work fine for me....

kev11106
03-05-2011, 07:36 PM
So I tried the 1.1 patch. It tells me that I don't have Necrovision - Lost Company installed... right. Never took it off. Multiple patch downloads from multiple outlets opened in multiple ways and locations. This is beyond tiring...