PDA

View Full Version : All Motherships in SW3! **Spoil**

Avane
03-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Hey everyone....

Here is the list of all motherships i had for now...

Transport --> no guns no filghters
Heavy transport --> guns no fighters
Mastiff --> guns and fighters
Astarte --> guns and fighters, stronger hull

I didnĀ“t finish the game yet...and these was all i got.

Please post here if there are others...and where to get them...:-):-)

I got these just following the main history...and choosing the first path to help Alex and get more money...:cool:

Killer
03-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Star Wolf ---- got after Astarte by doing work for NSEF (New Empire). Stronger armor (5500), shields (2500) one more system (4) and one more turret (4) but one less heavy gun(1).

Lion Cruiser ----- after Astarte by working for the MSF (Old Empire). Armor 10000, shields 4000, 4 turrets, 4 systems 2 heavy guns, 750 speed, 33 maneuverability. And looks really COOL :)

BTW am I the only one, who was really looking forward to fly the Stalingrad class? :)

paleale
03-09-2010, 03:20 AM
Manticore ---- after Astarte by going the Alex route. 10,000 armor, 5000 shields 2 main guns, 4 turrets, 4 systems, 600 speed, 30 maneuverability.
Sorta weak compared to when Sam is driving it.

Rhino --- after Astarte by going Triada route. 5000 armor, 1000 shields, 2 main gunes, 4 turrets, 4 systems, 500 speeds, 30 maneuverability.

Nanaki
03-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Here is the complete listing. There may be some missing data, but not much...

Tug>
Heavy Transport>
Mastiff - Your first real mothership.

Astarte - Optional, but highly recommended. Same as Mastiff except with the weapons rearranged and much higher health/shields.

At this point, you can go in three directions... Basically, when you are given the choice of going to the MSF Base, the Mercenary Base, and the Triad base, determines which mothership you will get.

Mercenary Base> Star Wolf - 5000 HP, 1000 Shields, 1 Heavy Gun, 4 Turrets, 4 Systems

Triad Base> Rhino - 5000 HP, 1000 Shields, 2 Heavy gun, 4 Turret, 4 System

MSF Base> Lion MK2 Prototype - 10000 HP, 4000 Shields, 2 Heavy Gun, 4 Turret, 4 System

Failure to complete any mission in these three mission lines results in you having to go to Alex, where you will than eventually get the Manticore -

Manticore> 10000 HP, 5000 Shields, 2 Heavy Gun, 4 Turret, 4 System

However, the MSF Base line has multiple mothership changes. After rescuing your ally, when given the option to side with Viper, or side with Admiral Trump, if you side with Admiral Trump, Viper takes your Lion cruiser (make sure everybody but Viper is launched, or if you are feeling like a bastard, launch Viper in one of those crappy excaliburs rotting in your cargo hold, with no weapons or shields). You are than required to defend your new mothership from your old mothership. Make sure you are armed with something that can bring down capital ships quickly, as you have to defeat Viper's cruiser before it turns your new home into scrap metal.

Supply Ship FSS-2t12> 5000 HP, 1000 Shields, 2 Heavy Gun, 4 Turret, 4 System
(Like the Rhino and Star Wolf, its basically another Star Wolf derived ship)

After that, you than have to make it to Trump's shipyard, where you have to defend the shipyard. After successfully defending it, you get your brand spankin new mothership (and a new pilot to replace Viper).

Lion MK2 Mass Production> 12000 HP, 4500 Shields, 2 Heavy Gun, 4 Turret, 4 System

The great thing about this mission line is that, after acquiring your second Lion MK2 from Trump, you can effectively do whatever you wish (Free play) and than complete the final mission at your leisure.

untouchable
03-11-2010, 09:19 AM

Tug>
Heavy Transport>
Mastiff - Your first real mothership.

Astarte - Optional, but highly recommended. Same as Mastiff except with the weapons rearranged and much higher health/shields.

At this point, you can go in three directions... Basically, when you are given the choice of going to the MSF Base, the Mercenary Base, and the Triad base, determines which mothership you will get.

Mercenary Base> Star Wolf - 5000 HP, 1000 Shields, 1 Heavy Gun, 4 Turrets, 4 Systems

MSF Base> Lion MK2 Prototype - 10000 HP, 4000 Shields, 2 Heavy Gun, 4 Turret, 4 System

Failure to complete any mission in these three mission lines results in you having to go to Alex, where you will than eventually get the Manticore -

Manticore> 10000 HP, 4000 Shields, 2 Heavy Gun, 4 Turret, 4 System

However, the MSF Base line has multiple mothership changes. After rescuing your ally, when given the option to side with Viper, or side with Admiral Trump, if you side with Admiral Trump, Viper takes your Lion cruiser (make sure everybody but Viper is launched, or if you are feeling like a bastard, launch Viper in one of those crappy excaliburs rotting in your cargo hold, with no weapons or shields). You are than required to defend your new mothership from your old mothership. Make sure you are armed with something that can bring down capital ships quickly, as you have to defeat Viper's cruiser before it turns your new home into scrap metal.

Supply Ship FSS-2t12> 5000 HP, 1000 Shields, 2 Heavy Gun, 4 Turret, 4 System
(Like the Rhino and Star Wolf, its basically another Star Wolf derived ship)

After that, you than have to make it to Trump's shipyard, where you have to defend the shipyard. After successfully defending it, you get your brand spankin new mothership (and a new pilot to replace Viper).

Lion MK2 Mass Production> 12000 HP, 4500 Shields, 2 Heavy Gun, 4 Turret, 4 System

The great thing about this mission line is that, after acquiring your second Lion MK2 from Trump, you can effectively do whatever you wish (Free play) and than complete the final mission at your leisure.

WOW. Thats the most comprehensive yet simple information regarding the game by far. Thanks for the tips! I'm sure anyone reading this will have the slightest idea on where to go or what to expect in their game.

The stats on Lion Mk2 so overpowered compared to other. DO other questline doest not seem to worth doing at all?

How about other pilots? whereelse I cud look for them?

Thanks in advance!

superd
03-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Nanaki,

if I really wanna be a bastard like you say. I will send Viper out unarmed, as in SW 1 she is one of the final bosses anyways. But I guess she will die instantly. Do I still have to fight of the MK2 in Supply ship?

Nanaki
03-11-2010, 12:32 PM
How about other pilots? whereelse I cud look for them?

Each of the mission lines comes with their own pilots. You will always get the Hero (of course), Ternie, Greyhair, and that technician you rescue from the pirate ruins. Only the other two pilots are determined by your choices.

A fun fact regarding this game is that, if a ship has a special icon, they are an obtainable pilot. The only exception to this are many of the old Star Wolves veterans (Phantom, Heretic, Corsair, etc) whom appear in the story, have unique icons yet do not join your team.

Do I still have to fight of the MK2 in Supply ship?

Yeah, unless you want to fight endlessly respawning MSF forces. Its a hideously difficult mission considering that you are on a timer, you have to destroy the MK2 before it blows your supply ship to kingdom come (which it will, considering the supply ship is unarmed and has no modules)...

The stats on Lion Mk2 so overpowered compared to other. DO other questline doest not seem to worth doing at all?

Depends on what you want or need... The NESF campaign gives you bucketloads of credits and free ships compared to the Alex/MSF line, for example. I think one NESF mission gave you far more credits (1750000) than I got the entire campaign as MSF or Alex.

superd
03-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Nanaki,

I am concerned. When will I meet the "that technician you rescue from the pirate ruins". I am in crossroads, meaning the chapter when I should decide what factions I will work for. I still have 3 pilots

Nanaki
03-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Got one thing wrong... the Manticore starts with 5000 Shields, not 4000, which makes it marginally better than the prototype Lion that Viper gives you

Also going through the files, it seems like the Mass production MK2 Lion was originally supposed to have 14000 health, 5000 shields, so it apparently got a nerf sometime in development...

By comparison, the Manticore that SAM pilots has 30000 health, 15000 shields, the Moskow (Adm Trump's ship) has 10000 health, 5000 shields, the Invincible (That admiral that fights Trump late in the game) has 15000 health, 10000 shields

Nanaki,

I am concerned. When will I meet the "that technician you rescue from the pirate ruins". I am in crossroads, meaning the chapter when I should decide what factions I will work for. I still have 3 pilots

You get Kalem at the very end of the game... when you get your final mothership

vahadar
03-16-2010, 02:50 AM

Is that during the mission in New Kyoto where Alex is met before the final fight?
I found that siding with NESF gives you the Lion MK2 also. I'm curently in the Star Worlf MS, but if i choose first option of dialog when Corsair, SAM and Alex are talking, i loose my current MS and need to rush to FTU headquarter to get a shiny new Lion Mk2 (not armed ^^ need to rearm it fast as battle is going on same time with SAM)
but i guess you definitly loose NESF support after this, havent finished mission yet, i'll tell.
edit : well nevermind it seem you can use it just for this battle :s because game is over after sob sob... too bad this end so fast when you force SAM to retreat, this game is really short, and no free play mode after with that choice it seem.

Killer
03-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah, unless you want to fight endlessly respawning MSF forces. Its a hideously difficult mission considering that you are on a timer, you have to destroy the MK2 before it blows your supply ship to kingdom come (which it will, considering the supply ship is unarmed and has no modules)...

Well if we are talking about siding with the admiral against Viper, I just docked the supply ship to the base, equpped it and then it was easy to kill the Lion Prototype as docking recharges your shileds.

Nanaki
03-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Well if we are talking about siding with the admiral against Viper, I just docked the supply ship to the base, equpped it and then it was easy to kill the Lion Prototype as docking recharges your shileds.

I just got to that part on my second playthrough, just ended up blasting the Lion MK2 and Viper so hard with my fighters that the hostile MSF forces almost immediately go neutral =P

kletar
03-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Could you guys post some pictures/screenshots of all the ms in the game? I would also appreciate detailed specs of all the ms (speed and manoeuvrability included). Also the positions of the turrets and main calibre guns were nice (could be done with screenshots). Thanks in advance.

tsavo
03-23-2010, 12:43 AM
After Inoco mission, Greyhair said he knows a better mothership, but i decided to go Alex first, and now my girl is missing after the Alien mission, but I'm still flying the pathetic Astarte.

Better Mothership needed NOW!

Nanaki
03-23-2010, 01:26 PM
After Inoco mission, Greyhair said he knows a better mothership, but i decided to go Alex first, and now my girl is missing after the Alien mission, but I'm still flying the pathetic Astarte.

Better Mothership needed NOW!

Yeah, unfortunately you are stuck with the Astarte until you rescue Ternie. Theres no possible way to get a better mothership until that moment. This is also why I heavily recommend you do the mission to get the Astarte, because imagine the poor souls who stuck with the Mastiff.

tsavo
03-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah, unfortunately you are stuck with the Astarte until you rescue Ternie. Theres no possible way to get a better mothership until that moment. This is also why I heavily recommend you do the mission to get the Astarte, because imagine the poor souls who stuck with the Mastiff.

I tried severial times to hit the Alien hidden box, but no way to win with Astarte.
The thing is, Astarte has a very poor navitation system, so I'd rather change to next MS asap.

I've done rescue Ternie, now flying the fish-head.:rolleyes::-P:grin:

waxfruit
04-23-2010, 06:10 PM

Do you get this one regardless of whether you betray Triad after Inoco makes you the offer, or do you get a different one from Inoco? I know that mission line is bugged and can't be finished without editing a game script so most people just avoid it, but I was wondering if there's a different mothership if you do that.

Nanaki
04-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Do you get this one regardless of whether you betray Triad after Inoco makes you the offer, or do you get a different one from Inoco? I know that mission line is bugged and can't be finished without editing a game script so most people just avoid it, but I was wondering if there's a different mothership if you do that.

Neither. I originally mistakenly thought that betraying Triada for Inoco put you on the Inoco line, but apparently I am mistaken. It automatically puts you on the Alex line instead, which gets you the Manticore.

If you DO Happen to end up on the Inoco mission line, you get the Manticore as well.

waxfruit
04-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Ah, thanks, one less thing to wonder about then.

Florio
04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Except for Ternie (and the famous bug) i think the InoCo-SAM's ending is the best and the most easy, just ("just", not just 'cause of that but i won't tell the story...) because you get the full perk's table filled and can customize your team as you want, plus that awesome vessel that is the Manticore.
I got it equipped with full Asmodeus turrets, as well as Dragon fighters that were equipped with 4 asmodeus gun (capable of blowing up a vessel in a single shot)

Trucidation
05-13-2010, 09:18 AM
I tried severial times to hit the Alien hidden box, but no way to win with Astarte.
What are you referring to here? The only fights with aliens occurs in the Precursor System and those aren't that hard. Unless you tried to jump the dreadnought in the Dyson Sphere, but those guys are neutral and just want you to leave.

That dreadnought was too tempting a target and I just had to have a go at it :p It took a goddamn miracle to pull off, but I lost 5 ships in the process - and all I got for it were a bunch of alien guns and turrets. Turrets which will never be able to be mounted, because Joseph is the only freaking character with the Alien tech perk and he leaves as soon as this mission arc ends. Bah.

If you're talking about the Star Hammer Memorial that fight isn't too hard either, the aliens only start spawning once you damage the memorial and quit spawning once you destroy it. My problem is getting the memorial to drop at least 2 Precursor Guns, otherwise I'd have to wait until the endgame when Ternie comes back to harvest those ships she can summon.

Hal2003
05-23-2010, 06:08 PM
At Alex path are possible 2 MS.

1. Manticore
2. Lion MK2 if you decide to kill Emperor or get to Alex path after mission in XT24
(from Trida or InoCo path) or from NESF if chose 1. answer in New Kyoto.

mrstarware
04-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Hi guys. I finished the mission where you deliver radium for the NESF. I also got the giant payout. Is there some way I get a new mothership after this and before I jump through the precursor portal?

Thanks

Edit: I think the mothership I'm looking for is the Star Wolf. How do you get that one?
Edit: Never Mind, you get the Star Wolf near the end of the game.