PDA

View Full Version : How to add Russian voices to English version SW3 Guide

Nblade
03-08-2010, 05:29 AM
I noticed that there where no voice overs in the English version SW3 Civil but there are a lot of fake audio files in the localization folder so I wondered if the Russian version had voice overs and sure enough it did. Note that the original Russian version is called Star Wolves 2:Civil War not Star Wolves 3.

Made using SW3 but this works the same for SW2 and might even work with SW1 but I haven't tried it. Note that I'm using DVD versions it may be possible with GG or Steam but I haven't tried it and I'm using Windows XP.

Note: I used German voices with SW2 and i had to rename a coupe folders in the in german "voices" folder so the character names matched the English version.

First you need the Russian audio files. So install the Russian version and go into the game's install folder specifically Data\LocData\Russian\

Tip:if you don't know where the install folder is right click on the russian games icon in the star menu and select find target Default is C:\Program Files\1C\Çâåçäíûå âîëêè 2. Ãðàæäàíñêàÿ âîéíà\Data\LocData on my system.

Now copy the folders "Levels", "Quests" and "Voice" to you desktop or something. Next we need to do search inside only the "Quests" folder you copied. In the search box type .loc it and run it. When it for it to finishes delete everything that comes up in the search. Do the same for the Levels folder.

Tip: make sure you are searching only the Quests folder you copied the easiest way is to right click the folder and select "search" and make sure you have search subfolders checked in advance options.

now your "quests" and "levels" folders should contain only audio files.

now go to your English versions install folder, then the Data\LocData\English folder, backup your english files first if you want then copy your modified Russian Quests and levels folders, and your Russian Voices folders and select yes to overwrite.

Tip: English install folder default is C:\Program Files\1C Company\Star Wolves 3 - Civil War or for SW2 C:\Program Files\1C Company\Star Wolves 2

now your done congrats you have Russian voice overs and English everything else.

Note that you can keep some of files if you for instance find the mothership acknowledgment annoying then delete the BasePilot folder from your voices folder and now you have blissful silence when you order your ship around or keep an English voice you like.

Gui DURANDAL
04-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I see I'm not the only one who have this problem...

I've contacting STEAM's Support and 1C's Support, but no response yet.

Because I really don't like empty space, and because I really enjoy with Starwolves's english voices, here is a compil of SW1 and SW2 english voices specially done for SW3.

It makes 30Mo and you have to unzip this (http://dl.free.fr/dvYLWkIYn)in your SW voice folder.

For me for example:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\star wolves 3 civil war\Data\LocData\English\Voice

Hope this help

Cordially

tomvd
04-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Well, thanks !
This was really missing.

Goblin Wizard
04-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Do voices from SW1/2 really fit SW3? What about quests dialogs and others? I'm asking about english voices. I don't understand russian so russian voices are useless for me.

Gui DURANDAL
04-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Do voices from SW1/2 really fit SW3? What about quests dialogs and others? I'm asking about english voices. I don't understand russian so russian voices are useless for me.

Na Ya, I've made for Team voices only.

not quests and dialogs... (Maybe if I record myself it is possible but I don't really try now)

It fits relatively well.

Why relatively?
1°) Because Hero from 1&2 is 40-50 years old and Hero from 3 seams to be 20-30
So you have a bass voice :)
2°) The only voice I found for Ternie (Lastochka in your data folder) is the voice from Astra... And Astra is a little... how says... boring and irritating... so maybe silent is better :grin:
3°) You have more voices in SW3 than SW1+SW2 (especially for female voices), but I don't really know if all of them are playable... I explain: You have for example Heretic' voice in SW3, but in the game I've played, I can not control Heretic so voice is maybe useless...
4°) Voices are different between SW1 & SW2, but It's approaching, so it's difficult to use as well as it is possible

For more comprehension here the list of what I've done:
Aia -> Viper SW1
Alex -> Phantom SW2
Alexandra -> Basepilot SW1
Alisa -> Basepilot SW1
Basepilot -> Basepilot SW2 (Two women alternatively)
Che -> Bavard SW2
Cleric -> Ace SW1
Heretic -> Heretic SW1
Hero -> Hero SW2
Kalem (Calem) -> Joker SW2
Lastochka (Ternie) -> Astra SW1 (maybe SW2 is better)
Lastochka 2 -> Astra SW1
Phantom -> Phantom SW1
Sedoy -> Ace SW2
Tramp -> Hero SW1
Uel (and Uel 2 &3 &4) -> El SW1
Validol -> Corsair SW1
Viper -> Viper SW1
Yana -> Astra SW2 (maybe I have to change with Ternie)

+
Hangar close/open; Incoming_message; s_ship_docked/launched come from SW2

Trucidation
05-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Interesting, I've got to try this sometime. I don't particularly care if they're in Russian or whatever language either, I generally dislike dubbing. Unless the original VAs sucked, heh.

Wonder if the game will take any audio if it's in the format it expects. I have a bunch of voices from various games which may be interesting to use.

Goblin Wizard
05-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Interesting, I've got to try this sometime.

Wonder if the game will take any audio if it's in the format it expects. I have a bunch of voices from various games which may be interesting to use.

any ogg file can be added without problems.

RoboPatton
08-02-2010, 11:41 PM
glad I found this voices mod. Thanks!

aerithsu
11-22-2011, 02:44 AM
is someone has the russian voice pack and willing to share it?

SopaCremadeTomate
08-01-2012, 04:45 PM
I see I'm not the only one who have this problem...

I've contacting STEAM's Support and 1C's Support, but no response yet.

Because I really don't like empty space, and because I really enjoy with Starwolves's english voices, here is a compil of SW1 and SW2 english voices specially done for SW3.

It makes 30Mo and you have to unzip this (http://dl.free.fr/dvYLWkIYn)in your SW voice folder.

For me for example:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\star wolves 3 civil war\Data\LocData\English\Voice

Hope this help

Cordially

Is there any chance you could upload that file again? Much obliged!

Donziboy2
02-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Yes, I second that, please re-upload someone. :-(

besnia3
09-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Na Ya, I've made for Team voices only.

For more comprehension here the list of what I've done:
Aia -> Viper SW1
Alex -> Phantom SW2
Alexandra -> Basepilot SW1
Alisa -> Basepilot SW1
Basepilot -> Basepilot SW2 (Two women alternatively)
Che -> Bavard SW2
Cleric -> Ace SW1
Heretic -> Heretic SW1
Hero -> Hero SW2
Kalem (Calem) -> Joker SW2
Lastochka (Ternie) -> Astra SW1 (maybe SW2 is better)
Lastochka 2 -> Astra SW1
Phantom -> Phantom SW1
Sedoy -> Ace SW2
Tramp -> Hero SW1
Uel (and Uel 2 &3 &4) -> El SW1
Validol -> Corsair SW1
Viper -> Viper SW1
Yana -> Astra SW2 (maybe I have to change with Ternie)

+
Hangar close/open; Incoming_message; s_ship_docked/launched come from SW2

If this is all voices in the broken link, i will instal SW1 and 2, and ill make it like upper one. Then i upload it.
I have just started SW3 and this silence kill me more then ever.

PS:
hahaha look whot i found in one secret place in google profile, and i upload in here http://www.gamefront.com/files/23682423/SW3CW--voice_pack.zip
Replace all tiny folders in C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Star Wolves 3 - Civil War\Data\LocData\English\Voice
Then you have nice and clear english voice :) (There is no quest voices)

PrivatePumpkin
11-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Can anyone plesae reupload the voice pack again? The total silence and the missing replys when giving orders is really annoying. Thanks. :)

Simbal
11-24-2013, 02:38 PM
I took the time and Recreated the Voice over Mod, with now even 2 available voices: English and German

Downloadlink: https://mega.co.nz/#!YxxBFKgR!EW20pXY7A9P8Qc5BO2TPgDwkSXMTP8Gx6YNU7TK 42us

Have Fun! :wink:

PrivatePumpkin
11-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Thank you very much! Do you have a list wich voice you used for wich character?

Simbal
11-24-2013, 07:19 PM
I used the same voices for characters as Gui DURANDAL did use

PrivatePumpkin
12-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Thanks. :)