PDA

View Full Version : No more camera on parachutes

Azimech
03-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Since 2002 I'm being irritated and/or bored with having to cycle (Ctrl-F2) through huge amounts of men in parachutes when I simply wish to focus on the enemy bombers or fighters. I wish there was an option to turn that focus off.

All those men in parachutes... They all look the same, don't wink or wave at you or tell jokes. They don't even pick their noses. A bit boring, really.

I don't have the feeling Team Daidalos sees it as a big deal, maybe more people feel like I do? If you do, could you please request it in the topic? Thank you.

Lucas_From_Hell
03-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Agreed.

I for myself don't see the point of seeing a guy hanging in a chute, but sometimes it's useful for some, so if to detach it from F2, we'd need a new key assignment, something like Alt+F2, maybe.

Interesting suggestion, good idea :)

AndyJWest
03-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Yup, a darned good idea. It can sometimes be useful to see yourself floating downwards, to figure out who filled you full of holes while you were admiring the view, :rolleyes: but otherwise it is pain in the nether regions most of the time.

Qpassa
03-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Agree

T}{OR
03-07-2010, 02:52 PM
A good idea. +1

KOM.Nausicaa
03-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Agree too.

Lucas_From_Hell
03-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Posted as requested :)

KG26_Alpha
03-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Since 2002 I'm being irritated and/or bored with having to cycle (Ctrl-F2) through huge amounts of men in parachutes when I simply wish to focus on the enemy bombers or fighters. I wish there was an option to turn that focus off.

All those men in parachutes... They all look the same, don't wink or wave at you or tell jokes. They don't even pick their noses. A bit boring, really.

I don't have the feeling Team Daidalos sees it as a big deal, maybe more people feel like I do? If you do, could you please request it in the topic? Thank you.

There is an option, It's been there for years.

Add the bold text line below in the .mis file to the aircraft you don't want parachutes to deploy from.

[I_JG2702]
Planes 4
Parachute 0
Skill 1
Class air.JU_87D3
Fuel 100
weapons 1xSC500_2xSC250

Or you can open the mission in the FMB and uncheck parachutes in the target aircraft properties box.

If you are client side and are in another persons mission.............................stop cheating and fly with honour ;)

David603
03-07-2010, 08:18 PM

Add the bold text line below in the .mis file to the aircraft you don't want parachutes to deploy from.

[I_JG2702]
Planes 4
Parachute 0
Skill 1
Class air.JU_87D3
Fuel 100
weapons 1xSC500_2xSC250

Or you can open the mission in the FMB and uncheck parachutes in the target aircraft properties box.

If you are client side and are in another persons mission.............................stop cheating and fly with honour ;)
Sure, that works, but I don't want to get rid of parachutes altogether, just make it so I don't have to cycle through lots of chutes to look at enemy aircraft.

When flying offline I always leave external views allowed, because I like to be able to see my plane, and when returning to base after a mission I will often use Ctrl=F2 to look at what happened to the remaining enemy aircraft, see whether any are damaged, etc.

The function is also very useful when viewing tracks.

Anyway it shouldn't be that hard to make it so aircraft and parachutes are assigned to different buttons, like friendly and enemy aircraft are at the moment.

Azimech
03-08-2010, 12:49 PM
That's great, but that won't work in QMB, will it? It only inhibits men from jumping, where I only seek the camera not focusing. Thank you for the reply.

KG26_Alpha
03-08-2010, 06:46 PM
I never use QMB

zaelu
03-09-2010, 08:16 AM

[I_JG2702]
Planes 4
Parachute 0
Skill 1
Class air.JU_87D3
Fuel 100
weapons 1xSC500_2xSC250

How about the option not to pay the game? Or the option not to have a PC?

Man... I love those "smarty" solutions...

"Hey... chef... the soup is too salty..."
"Well, make sure you don't order soup next time..."
"Riiiiiight"

How about this:

Make the Ctrl+F2 camera follow every bit from exploded aircrafts. Then you can always set an option so the destroyed aircraft just disappears in mid air as soon as they are hit. Eh? That's a smart option...

Who needs to cycle through gazilions of paratroopers? Nobody?
Who needs to see paratroopers/ bailed out pilots? let's see...

And don't try to justify your self by saying is a work around cause is not... is just a comment in which you tried to show how much redundant options of the game you know.

|ZUTI|
03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Doable.

Tempest123
03-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah, can DT get rid of the parachute view, It's tiring cycling through like 40 parachutes after shooting down some bombers

KG26_Alpha
03-09-2010, 12:02 PM
How about the option not to pay the game? Or the option not to have a PC?

Man... I love those "smarty" solutions...

"Hey... chef... the soup is too salty..."
"Well, make sure you don't order soup next time..."
"Riiiiiight"

How about this:

Make the Ctrl+F2 camera follow every bit from exploded aircrafts. Then you can always set an option so the destroyed aircraft just disappears in mid air as soon as they are hit. Eh? That's a smart option...

Who needs to cycle through gazilions of paratroopers? Nobody?
Who needs to see paratroopers/ bailed out pilots? let's see...

And don't try to justify your self by saying is a work around cause is not... is just a comment in which you tried to show how much redundant options of the game you know.

Hello

If the OP posted here > http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8815 , I wouldn't have bothered trying to help him, as it was an open question I gave some suggestions as not everyone who flies IL2 1946 is a FMB user and is unaware of the options to use for removing parachutes.

If you consider trying to help being smart then that's your problem and no one else's.

Lucas_From_Hell
03-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Alpha, it was posted on the right topic: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=148413&postcount=988

Removing parachutes just to avoid looking at them doesn't make much sense.

I seriously think this issue could be looked at.

KG26_Alpha
03-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Ok Hold on a sec everyone !!!!!

I'm all for it ok

Alpha loves the parachute alternative key option idea.

Thxz

Alpha, it was posted on the right topic: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=148413&postcount=988

Removing parachutes just to avoid looking at them doesn't make much sense.

I seriously think this issue could be looked at.

As I said if the OP posted there instead of here.....

Avimimus
03-12-2010, 09:43 PM
This is a good idea to pass on to Team Daidalos. Anyone from TD here?