PDA

View Full Version : "This device cannot be installed in this socket!"

Groundtotem
03-05-2010, 06:59 PM
So for some reason i cant install new devices in to my new ship, i have 4 free slots but nothing can be installed. I cant even replace old weapons with other weapons. Strange thing is that i get no explanation so im not sure if there's some kind of requirements or something like that. I have the heavy transport ship!

I am playing Starwolfs 3!

/

Groundtotem

Esgaro
03-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Are you docked? You need to be docked to change equipment on your mothership. Pretty sure there is a message about that though, if you try.

Groundtotem
03-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Are you docked? You need to be docked to change equipment on your mothership. Pretty sure there is a message about that though, if you try.

Yes i am docked, if your not you get a message that says that you need to be docked.

I don't know why i get this error message...

Could it be a bug?

valky
03-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Which parts do you want to install? the mo-ship has different weapon slots...2 only for really big guns. And the other hardware should have a slightly different colour than your fighter ship's (e.g. system stuff is deep blue while your fighter are using a slightly brighter colour)
assuming you have already the next ship, you 'd have 3 Turret slots, 2 big gun slots, 3 system slots.

Danya
03-05-2010, 08:24 PM
I think Valky is right.

I had trouble too, but look carefully at the color, and the number and location of the 'stripes' on the equipment slot. For example: with 'systems' the dark blue ones go on motherships and the light blue ones go on fighters. You can't mix and match equipment. Another example: within weapons, there are a different number or configurations of the stripes on the weapon slots and weapons for different types of guns (light, heavy, and so on). You can only put certain kinds of weapons in certain kinds of slots. Once you figure it out, its not so bad. (The mothership can only be reconfigured while its docked.)

Good Luck!

Danya

valky
03-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Hmm missed the colour thingie of the weapons itself :rolleyes:
The problem itself, you don't really see that your Mo-ship has two capital weapon slots, seams like they were running out of RGB colours :D (and just a sidenote...don't buy the cheap ones, at the time you'll have to fight the big guys it does matter if your gun hits for 400-600 or 1600. I don't want to spoiler you which way you've to take but there are ships ...hmm alás they just can drink coffee while you think your guns do damage ^^..it's sometimes cheaper just hiring some mercs, they do great)
But if you use the jump-from-mission-to-mission-system, it partly doesn't matter at the beginning, but you'll see :rolleyes:

Groundtotem
03-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Got my 3rd mothership now so i figured out that some equipment goes to figthers and other goes to my mothership! There should be some explanation on this in the game, or have i just missed that part?

Thanks for the answers!