PDA

View Full Version : Need help with returning from 'alien' sector

Tarskin
03-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Hello all,

First off... the game is a lot better then i was expecting due to the reviews, glad i ignored them :) Just some minor tweaks and it will be great (typo's, being able to fast travel when i want instead of the game and such).

I have a problem with the main story however, i have just taken phantom (sp?) to the alien sector and in the freaky looking space donut (it fits don't it?) and i am returning to normal space and in the last XT-xx sector i get jumped by a lot of ships and phantom almost always dies or i lose like all my pilots. Is there any better way to deal with this ?

My crew/set up info:

I got the mothership that i got off the mercenaries, 3 pilots flying stiletto's and the new guy with (i forgot). All of them have proper perks like support and damge based. My mothership has the 'shining'-based laser turrets, 3k shield booster, 5hp/s repair system and so on.

So.... any hints? :P

Kind regards,
Tarskin

valky
03-05-2010, 06:38 PM
This mission was crazy! (may contain some spoilers...but you wouldn't mind i guess ^^)

First off, I always skip this auto-flight-stuff, don't like it - at least at the beginning to make ridiculous amounts of money. Was fun while being hostile with MSF :rolleyes:
All Pilots have rank 4 ship, I prefer the Puma, it's more manoeuvrable. Now one thing you should have, there is a talent from your main guy. 1st rank gives you 2 charges of being nearly or highly invulnerable for 30 seconds (ah just checked, it's called "Sixth Sense"). I guess you learned it? Was my main survival skill for this mission and:

in any case you'll lose Ternie (temporary/scripted event crap) so either give her a ship which you can afford to be wrecked or strip at least off her better equipment. I was 'slightly' pissed, as she had in my game 2 of these 200k sniper laser :eek: and all of the other stuff you can get from your FTU talent :cool: So i restarted and changed some stuff, but this made the mission even harder...but finished like 30 minutes ago.
The 'new' guy leaves right after the fight is over, so don't plan to change his equipment. He'll do fine.
The only thing that helped (besides your 'sixth sense') was as soon as they ambush you...click like a maniac thru all available skills - but I think you've done this too. If you have short-range-missiles, they'll come in handy. Right in front of your mothership shows up a butcher, this guy is ridiculous evil paired with all the fighters around. If you have BFG's (big f*cking...) on your mothership you may pray that they hit em hard. otherwise he mowes around with his Plasma(?) guns.

Used a main save right before the event, and a lot of quicksaves :evil:
In any case, it's just pure luck....but if you survived the berserk ambush (2 capital ships + lots of freaking stuff) right after the aliens, you shouldn't have that problem with these guys? Problem with the berserk was only starting being the target with your mothership and all your fighters still in yer bay.
(as said, you 'll lose 2 guys after the mission, the new guy leaves. Don't know yet if he come back and your next mission 'll be the search for Ternie)

hth somehow...

JereC
03-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Armor maintenance units (Alien weapons go straight through the shields) and MIRV-3's did the trick for me, they are expensive and tough to find but I tend to save them for fights like this.

Edit: Missed that it was after the mission and not the aliens, either way MIRV will take care of most things, Ternie blows up either way I believe, it went from 100% shields and armor to destroyed in a second even though they only had like 3 ships left.

valky
03-05-2010, 11:02 PM
I did the damn ******* fight like 10 times..with ternie full of armor and shields ~80%. I nearly killed almost all of the 'scripted' guys showing up...but even with 80% shields + 100% armor you'll loose her. pissed me off...there 'd be a chance to do so; otherwise, evil maniacs are showing up...do minor damage ('sixth sense' :evil:) - player ship killed..uhm!!!
"You have no chance to survive - make your time....aybabtu" :grin:

(and why did their pulse laser this kind of damage....stupid) would have changed this mission if you managed to save Ternie, into a mission to seek out the ppl who r behind.

I don't like the pilot change at all in SW3. I love to have fixed crew o_O maybe it's just me....