PDA

View Full Version : SW3 Cheat codes?

BubbaBrown
03-05-2010, 12:51 AM
I'm always one to play the game fairly as long as the game does so too. Well, the game stopped playing fairly and either the mission designers completely putzed on this one mission or they designed it without thinking of the limitations imposed by the game's mechanics.

To avoid giving spoilers, I'll put it this way: I'm on a mission in a remote part of space, I've gotten the best equipment I could find after getting a nice reward... I thought I was ready. Got jumped and killed by a particular type of enemies. Fine, I reloaded and refitted properly... no issue next time. Continue along the mission... to be far away from a station... running into new enemies with different tactics. Fine, but I can't refit the mothership in space. (Really dumb design move there, especially with the limited number of system slots. Also no training in space? Really?) Okay... This would be fine if it wasn't for only the tactic change, but now this new group of enemies also have a SIGNIFICANT increase in firepower, too. Despite finding weapons that could be put to use to equalize the playing field... I can't use it because it is of a particular technology. So, now I'm stuck... When I really shouldn't be.

I'm able to get to what I think is the last part of the mission after pulling every trick in the book to run into the trump card: A *spoiler* frigate. Really? I'm on the third mothership upgrade (the gatecrasher barge), equipped with an expensive shield boost, repair system, and laser defense system. My 3 other pilots are flying tech 3 and 4 ships with decent weapons. And I've got the best main cannons on my mothership I can find... At least those I can find, since they seem to be RARE as can be. No matter what I do, I can't beat it. I even try just running from it... which doesn't work because of the unimaginative and uncreative lengths the designers went to railroad encounters a particular way. Seriously, this game punishes players for being smart and employing good tactics. Also, since there's a neutral following me that needs to survive... I can't do the intelligent thing and pull him inside to make a break for it... weathering the attacks on the run. I'm just out of options. I can't even use my player's special abilities for an edge when piloting the mothership... Why get those abilities if they can't be put to use?

So, are there any cheat codes in the game before I start with the memory editors and hex editors? I'm REALLY TIRED of this figuring out this mission. It just wasn't designed well at all and I could go into long lengths about all the problems with it... but no... I just want to get past it to the rest of the game. The only thing I can think of is that I may have missed some crucial on-the-way encounter because of the game's "single jump" skipping system.

Until then, I'm just going to have to break the game back into some work around.

code99
03-05-2010, 09:19 PM
i would so like to get an answer for this too, anything i do the NPC wins , i have (same as the above poster) the best equipment i can find at that time, best ships and best weapons for my 3 pilots but apparently nothing works, they keep killing me .... i wont say where i am in the game due to spoilers ...

Saroth
03-06-2010, 05:14 AM
To enable console open Main.ini file located in the game folder and under section [GAME] is entry "DEBUGMODE = 0". Change value to "1" (without quotes). Save the file. Now you can open console in-game by pressing [Shift]+[~] keys.

To enable cheats open the console and type in "g_cheats 1". Now you have enabled cheats.

[I] - God Mode

dunno if it works. haven't tried it myself. I just completed the game. The last mission was a complete "cluster frack" mission

code99
03-06-2010, 08:57 AM
not sure what u mean by [I] - God Mode cause it doesnt works here, maybe i type something wrong

Ruinous
03-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Don't be afraid to equip Mirvs and torps for taking out large groups and heavy nasties. I found I always had plenty money spare even using the very best gen weapons, ships and missiles.

Doing my third play through on hard and that is when things really get rough. I did a review on gamersgate where I do stress the game can be brutally difficult at times (still needing approved so isn't up yet).

Ipis
03-06-2010, 10:55 AM
To enable console open Main.ini file located in the game folder and under section [GAME] is entry "DEBUGMODE = 0". Change value to "1" (without quotes). Save the file. Now you can open console in-game by pressing [Shift]+[~] keys.

To enable cheats open the console and type in "g_cheats 1". Now you have enabled cheats.

[I] - God Mode

dunno if it works. haven't tried it myself. I just completed the game. The last mission was a complete "cluster frack" mission

What he means by [I]....

Close the console then press "SHIFT" + " i "

This works for me for the mothership and all fighters.

code99
03-07-2010, 09:19 AM
oh , ty

SieraBobs
03-07-2010, 01:10 PM
**spoiler**
equip (was it validol?) with 4 torps 2000/1000 -dmg is enough in most cases aswell, use his skills to take out any larger ships in an instant, for example when i was " saving a comrade" got jumped by 4 motherships for pirates ( i think it was 4) activate skills, enable 1 torp , launch it at 1 of em , press pause, and keep doin that till u have 1 torp for each of em sent flyin , they all die + the torps tend to take the smaller ships with em.

as for fighters, a very effective method is to equip ur mothership with ur best radar, equip ur fighters with the LOng range missiles ( the long white ones, 2x per slot. or the white ones with black stripes, also 2x. per slot).

So when ur mothership has the good sensors, u can see enemies far away , for example there r 2 squadrons far away , u just launch both the long missiles ( should be enough for the whole squad to die) and the smaller ones only requeire 1 missile per group of enemies. (depends on the enemies of course - when berserks appeared ( mission - expedition for artefacts) i launched a few torps and all berserks died be4 even the humans came to help me )
and like this sweep through the whole system be4 leaving, especially pirate systems , loot = good money.
ANd ya i got owned badly be4 i thought of this long range warfare.
CHeers