PDA

View Full Version : SW 1 and 3 - mission voice-over?

Blccdy
03-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Hi!

What's up with all voices which were supposed to read the mission dialogs that appera all the time during the game? Or more clearly: Why aren't there any?

I bought Star Wolves 3 on Steam some days ago and got SW 1 and 2 too. I had no problems starting SW 1 on my vista x64 machine. But i noticed there were no voice overs during the mission dialogs. I also own the the german boxed version of SW1 and i have to say the voice over are awesome.

I found a video on youtube where you can see and hear it at position 3:50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEOvx0a9DY

In another thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=146760) was a post that made me wonder:
Star Wolves 1
>No Voice Work - Have to read everything.

So is it a bug in steam or does the english version of SW1 just don't have any dialog voice overs? I am a bit disappointed that i don't hear any mission dialogs in SW3 too. So, my question again? Is there any (english) voice over? And what's up with all those 2000 ogg files in the Data\LocData\English\Quests\mission_*\ folder? They seem all to be empty. Just ~4kb in size. I would like to guess these files are the missing dialog data.

regards
Blccdy

[edit]
added dxdiag file. It may become usefull.

Ruinous
03-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Same problem with the gamersgate version. No voice acting at all. I'm using Vista 64 as well.
I can remember there being voice-overs (amusingly bad ones) for Star Wolves 1 & 2, but my old machine was running XP.

Nike-it
03-04-2010, 10:10 AM
The voiceover in SW3 is presented only in cinematic videos.

Ruinous
03-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Ah thats a shame, kinda miss the goofy voices ;)

Thanks for the confirmation it isn't a bug though Nike-it.

Another quick question if I may, there doesn't seem to be a manual with the gamersgate version, I've looked in the game directory and nothing there either. It is no biggy as I've Star Wolves 1 & 2, but may be a little harsh for someone who is a newcomer to the series.

Blccdy
03-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the info.

Avane
03-04-2010, 01:50 PM
The voiceover in SW3 is presented only in cinematic videos.

Hey Nike-it,

Any chance in activating the voiceover in a later patch of SW3??:confused:

Thx...

Nike-it
03-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Hey Nike-it,

Any chance in activating the voiceover in a later patch of SW3??:confused:

Thx...

Don't know, will check it