PDA

View Full Version : Il2 control layout back up ?

Desode
03-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to redo my pc, because my rc win 7 is about to expire. I'm getting tired of redoing my control layout.
Is there a way to back up my control layout and then just pop it into my fresh install of Il2 ?

Thanks for your time and consideration, Desode

brando
03-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to redo my pc, because my rc win 7 is about to expire. I'm getting tired of redoing my control layout.
Is there a way to back up my control layout and then just pop it into my fresh install of Il2 ?

Thanks for your time and consideration, Desode

Yes, it's quite easy to do.You need to save the folder called Users that is in the main IL2-FB Sturmovik 46 game folder. All the control settings are in there. You will also want to save the file named conf. That is the configuration file for all the other game settings like graphics and sound et cetera.
Saving Paint Schemes and Missions folders is also useful if you have skins and missions you want to keep.

If you have an external storage drive large enough you might want to think of saving the entire game folder and then just plugging it back in after you upgrade. You would only need to re-establish the shortcuts to the il2fb.exe in order to have a working game. This means you don't need to have the game running out of program files - you can partitition your drive and put the game into a separate place from Windows - you can even place the game on another hard-drive. It's just necessary to make shortcuts to desktop so that you can start the game.

B

Desode
03-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes, it's quite easy to do.You need to save the folder called Users that is in the main IL2-FB Sturmovik 46 game folder. All the control settings are in there. You will also want to save the file named conf. That is the configuration file for all the other game settings like graphics and sound et cetera.
Saving Paint Schemes and Missions folders is also useful if you have skins and missions you want to keep.

If you have an external storage drive large enough you might want to think of saving the entire game folder and then just plugging it back in after you upgrade. You would only need to re-establish the shortcuts to the il2fb.exe in order to have a working game. This means you don't need to have the game running out of program files - you can partitition your drive and put the game into a separate place from Windows - you can even place the game on another hard-drive. It's just necessary to make shortcuts to desktop so that you can start the game.

B

Thanks so much for the info ! You saved me a lot of time.
Desode