PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who feels this way?

RamonSterns
02-28-2010, 06:45 AM
Star Wolves 1

>No Free Roam - You play from mission to mission
>No Voice Work - Have to read everything
>Difficulty Levels - Easy/Medium/Hard
>Space Button - Pauses/Unpauses

Star Wolves 2

>Free Roam - Time Consuming
>Bad Voice Work - No Voice Volume
>No Difficulty
>Space Button - Pauses Only, have to click play button on bottom right.

Am I the only one who thinks SW2 took a step forward and two back?

Don't get me wrong, I still kind of like the game.

korpah
02-28-2010, 11:03 AM
star wolves 1 unique in his serie and i damm loved it but still theree where some issues, but still playing from mission to mission was not a bad thing if you asked me. cause you could still do side missions etc

star wolves 2 better concept but the result was indeed 2 steps back

i realy wana know how 3 is cause i love this game even the buggies 2

Avane
02-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah...

Besides not think free roaming is a bad thing...
The absent of difficult levels, volumes and the 1 way pause button, just appear to be some kind of unfinished release...or test release with full history...

And the ENG. rel. was never patched...

Some feeling that 1C just care about the RUS release... and donĀ“t give a **** to others languages...

Of course this is about my experience in Star Wolves SAGA.

RamonSterns
02-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Any chance they might at least patch up the two way pause button and perhaps a Voice Volume Slider or Toggle? I appreciate the fact that they wanted to dub it over to English, but it's just really bad and I'd rather read everything just like in SW1.

blacktick
03-02-2010, 06:54 PM
After playing SW3,I must say it's a good game so far. :)

Seems like you can put aside your fears. The game follows the formula of the first SW game. Difficulty levels easy/normal/hard,pause button,no voice work(other than in the intro),but as far as I see it still has free roam(not totally sure since I just began playing and I've been destroyed everytime I go to a portal I'm not suppose to).

Still a few grammar issues here and there,but seems like it's a mix of SW1 and SW2. :)

korpah
03-02-2010, 07:04 PM
hmm thats good to hear but its not realeased on steam yet >.< so i have to wait but thats good to hear. how about shipupgrades etc? no overpowered guns? or over powered abilities ?

blacktick
03-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Steam sucks with new releases...US time,don't bother with it. Same with impulse and metaboli...
Gamersgate is the way to go,since they release the games Swedish time,which to me is early in the morning. :D

You can only fly the mothership in the beginning for a while and I just recently got fighters. But so far it's the same as in SW2...you can buy weapons,systems etc. for various ships.
Can't say I have seen overpowered abilities...

korpah
03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
k good to hear and ye i know steam sucks with releases. but its asome in general so thats the reason i use it. and the have good deals (like all starwolves for the price of the starwolves 3) so thats good but well ges i go do something els ;)

btw is the mothership that weak again (been blow to bits in a few secs by beserkers or aliens?) cause thats what i thoughed was anoying

blacktick
03-02-2010, 07:18 PM
I use steam too,but only with when something is on sale or it has some game no other place does...other than that,it's overpriced and slow to release games.

And about the mothership...yes,it's still weak or so it actually feels like. :D

korpah
03-02-2010, 07:21 PM
meh about the mother ship then :p but well XD ill just wait :p and to bored to get games in the shop cause of the boxes and the cd's :p

korpah
03-02-2010, 07:34 PM
meh steam bug, it says star wolves is already installed >.> so i ges when the start awnsering my tickets maby i can play

Ruinous
03-04-2010, 09:37 AM
You'll find you can get a variety of motherships ;) Just something to look forward to hehe.