PDA

View Full Version : Attention! About Friday update 2010-02-25

Oleg Maddox
02-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Today you all will read some unusual update. It is coming from Grégory "PB0_Foxy" Lemasson, Checksix Il2's section publisher.

He will post it himself, when ready. Please be patient and wait, because he need to write it in two languages: For French community of Check Six resource and in English for this forum.

There will be his own observations, that he saw in our office (still prepared for move in other better office) with some video capture (I hope), probably photos and several screenshots.

Also I'm and two Key members of the team answered many questions, that I was skipping before this month many times due to fact that to tell it was too early.

Questions were answered by:

1. Dmitry Soldatenkov (DS) - main programmer FM, AI, etc
2. Roman Deniskin (RD) - main programmer of aircarft internal structure, engines, internal controls, any mechanical devices, gauges and its damages, common damages, etc
3. Oleg Maddox (OM)

lbuchele
02-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks Mr.Madox.
We are VERY curious about this interview who was commented in last week.
I think we all wanted to read it about this weekend, but who knows.
People that runs Check Six has real life concerns too, maybe they had little time to write it.
Be patient it´s always a good thing.

Letum
02-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Thankyou for the update Oleg.
Much appreciated.

Flanker35M
02-26-2010, 11:36 AM
S!

Good news are worth the wait. Thank you for the update!

Qpassa
02-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Roger,Thanks for the update ;)

Baron
02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Thx Oleg.

Sounds like a real nice update. :)

drafting
02-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Oleg, I have to admit that, sitting here at work as the week goes on, I get more and more giddy waiting for the next Friday Update... :grin:

...and this one sounds especially good!

ECV56_Lancelot
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks for telling us, it sounds interesting! :)

Rango
02-26-2010, 02:07 PM
At http://www.checksix-fr.com/ at section 'Les Articles' the French version is available already.

Rango

BigC208
02-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Hot Dog! That was a great Friday update! Oops, been drinking the coolaid again. ;)

Oleg Maddox
02-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Oleg, I have to admit that, sitting here at work as the week goes on, I get more and more giddy waiting for the next Friday Update... :grin:

...and this one sounds especially good!

I like it. This means that we are working in the right direction :):):):):)

I can't promise each week everything "slappings". I can't make each week video or so... But I can give from time to time something new. Even it is just couple of WIP screen shots. I don't think that is is usual for most other developers.

Ok, I'll keep these updates coming. And some time will ask you all guys to help me to find something, when we can't...
I always was and is in contact with users. This is my principle.

Snake_C6
02-26-2010, 02:20 PM
ok guys the review is available on the check six website like rango said

you can see the news on the website
http://www.checksix-fr.com/

just click on the picture to go on the review
I translating it right now and as soon as it get ready I will post it here

If you do not want to wait you can use google translate to help you :grin:

GF_Mastiff
02-26-2010, 02:23 PM
wish I could read french oh well, i guess next week.

AndyJWest
02-26-2010, 02:26 PM
From Google translate:
It starts to make me a demonstration of his work by loading a mission faster using the Stuka,

I then right at my first big surprise, Roman is responsible for starting the Stuka and systems via the mouse right clicking on the left! This is the first major innovation, the cockpit is clickable!
Roman finished his start by turning the camera and adjusting the brightness at its best.
Place takeoff and decision altitude, everything goes well when I realize that as we ascend in altitude frost and ice forming on the windscreen!

I spoke to Roman me look at me smiling and happy to guide his views on the bench right and then click on the button defrost windows!
An LED lights up on the dashboard of the Junkers and the ammeter is limping along, showing that the defrost system is running.

I think I'll wait for a proper translation before commenting further, but there is some really interesting stuff there.

Flyby
02-26-2010, 02:37 PM
I too never learned French. I'm Bi-lingual, but only in English! (that's like being ambidextrous, but only in one hand!) :D
Flyby out

Blackdog_kt
02-26-2010, 02:46 PM
From Google translate:

I think I'll wait for a proper translation before commenting further, but there is some really interesting stuff there.

Holy #%%&!!! Just the kind of things i hoped for to keep me busy in the non-combat portions of flight. I don't mind if things like that don't make the release, just the fact that it's supported by the engine is a huge plus for me.

P.S For some reason the interesting parts that you quoted don't show up in my quote :grin:

BGs_Ricky
02-26-2010, 02:47 PM
From Google translate:

The translation is ok, but it translated gunsight with camera, so yaes, we well be even able to adjust that :O

I must admit that what I've read here is more promising and impressive than everything we have known until now !!

:cool:

genbrien
02-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I just finished to read it in french :P

and there is too much to say, so I'll make it short....
WOW!!!!!!! (you can add any other expression but WOW sums it up pretty well^^)

EDIT: there will be clickable pit
and icing

kendo65
02-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Courtesy of Google Translate = "rough and ready". Apologies - Hopefully the official translation will be easier to read.

I met Oleg, a few years ago through the beta test.
It had been a while since I thought I would go to Moscow to meet and share some power with him otherwise than by video link.
So here I am party last February 16 in a flight to Moscow.
The 17, as expected with Oleg, I visit his studio in Moscow for a visit and at the same time an interview.
After a phone call, Oleg just get me in the street just below his office.
After passing the security filter or I was kindly asked for my passport, I find myself in the studio or IL-2 was born and where BOB is in full preparation.

Just arrived Oleg I toured the owner! There are many things to see and I'll have the opportunity to take the full peepers.
Oleg made the presentations and I showed him the comic strip by Roman who attracts programmers from studios like flies! It's not every day that a French comic speaks Russian Front (The comics have had great success)
Then Oleg put myself in the hands of its chief programmer Roman Deniskin.
Indeed Roman charge of programming the engine management, models of damage, aircraft systems, structure, etc ....

It starts to make me a demonstration of his work by loading a mission faster using the Stuka,
I then right at my first big surprise, Roman is responsible for starting the Stuka and systems via the mouse right clicking on the left! This is the first major innovation, the cockpit is clickable!
Roman finished his start by turning on the gunsight and adjusting the brightness at its best.
Place takeoff and decision altitude, everything goes well when I realize that as we ascend in altitude frost and ice forming on the windscreen!

I spoke to Roman me look at me smiling and happy to guide his views on the bench right and then click on the button defrost windows!
An LED lights up on the dashboard of the Junkers and the ammeter is limping along, showing that the defrost system is running.
Glad to its effect, Roman decides to show me something on the Stuka, he begins by showing me the new physical objects and amuses himself by dropping mortar shells near the Stuka laid on the ground.

AC actually has nothing to do with IL-2, the blast of explosions damaged objects and facts even move. When he approached a little too ready ju87 then made a spin and ends up destroying half escaped leaving a thick smoke.
The fumes are new and Oleg took the opportunity to explain that they will now be impacted by the wind.
The weather is also dynamic and air hoses to be functional.

Roman continues to make me the demo of the DM Junkers. He uses his mouse and choose weapons as a .030 caliber English. He starts to click then as a patient on the stuka and explained that now all the bullets of small arms will be taken into account and appear on the DM of the aircraft and actually after a good thirty mouse clicks, I m 'perceive that each of his hits have created a hole in the fuselage of the aircraft at the exact place where it was clicked.

For shells, the operation will be a little different because for the aesthetic side operation will remain the same as for IL-2 but the damage they will be taken into account through a different internal structure that is largely modeled.

Finally Roman explains the different circuits and systems that will be taken into account in the model of damage and changes in relation to our favorite games is impressive.

It shows me that many subsystems of the engine are modeled such as the oil pump, hydraulic pump and a few things more surprising ... the pistons of the engine

Indeed, it starts the engine of a Tiger Moth and slowed the time! We then see the exhaust gases escape successively each exhaust pipe and it is not just a graphic effect ... This is implemented in the model of damage.
small example in video: (sorry I have not managed to implement the video section)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XeOqzquh94

I've seen enough and I decided to leave work a little Roman to move on!
Oleg took me to see who are 3D modelers work of titans!
Not only because now the internal structure is modeled, but also because Oleg their application to optimize 3D models up to gain fluency in the game.

However, there is no doubt that much progress has been made on this side the.
I was shown the cockpit of the Bf109-E3 is absolutely beautiful especially with the effects of shadows and lights.
Oleg advantage then to show me documentation that it uses and it's not complicated. ... For this aircraft (and many others) it uses the manufacturing plans of the manufacturer with whom he is in constant contact.

We turn to those who work on vehicles. Again a great precision and optimization is done!
Oleg shows me how his party modeler is a vehicle to create another.
They are very clever at Maddox Games and beautiful use of tricks to save time.
Oleg told me that on some vehicles the load will be configurable and it has an impact on the model of said vehicle damage!
For example, a truck loaded with gasoline will not react to strafings the same manner as if it was empty.
It also shows me modeling of buildings that give life to cities!

Some of them have moving parts as well of course London Bridge (which opens or closes at the approach of a boat) and clock Big Ben to be consistent with the time your mission.

Maddox games really push the realism to the end ....
Oleg explain the present London Bridge is blue but in 1940 it was brown ... They were so obviously modeled on deck in the right color.
Oleg also showed me that just changing the texture of a building, we can make it seem completely different, which is very convenient for saving time while having a variety of display in the cities.
The or we IL2 in a single driver on which we change the color of his uniform, Bob will bring a whole bunch of different drivers in uniforms also completely different! Even parachutes are not identical. ...
Indeed oleg explained that the models were English dirigible parachutes while those Germans were not yet. They did not have the same design more ...

The team of Oleg was modeled so attached to these differences.
Regarding the damage models of boats, they have also evolved and now they are more complex, and the strafings will have a real effect on them.

The DM boats will be composed of several subsets that will add much to the immersion level
Also a pseudo background submarine has been modeled, the wreck of a boat thus affect the surface of the water and waves.

After a delicious meal provided by Oleg we go back to the office, and we go by the team that deals with the model map.
The person who works over just using an old map that was superimposed on the modeling tools and it tells all the roads of the time exactly where or they must be! I tell myself that Oleg is really mad to impose such a work team but somewhere is also why we love her work!

Oleg me about the new textures used and he will explain that its level in the photograph helps a lot to try to get the best texture to stick to reality!
For those who do not know Oleg is very good at photography and is recognized in the middle! He regularly tests the latest cameras from Canon and he specializes in underwater photography ...
For those who want to know more, I advise you to take a ride on his site you can find out for yourself what it is capable of: http://www.maddoxart.net/

After the visit very informative Oleg took me so in his office to answer questions from my interview which for most questions from users of the forums

Let's go to the questions!

The answers are given by Oleg Maddox (OM), Dmitry Soldatenkov (DS) and Roman Deniskin (RD)
- What kind of improvements AI BOB will bring us?
DS: AI is more competent in particular about everything that is interaction with other units. It employs various tactics whatsoever to attack or defend and will seem more personal in the sense that his skill will be able to vary from one unit to another.
OM: I would add that it is more complex than in Il-2. If on release of IL-2, users were surprised summers with the AI more "human" ... market.

So with BOB you will be more impressed and compared this with any flight simulation.
- Does the clouds at night or even the sun will affect the capacity of AI?
DS: Yes, of course, it will also be affected by the shape of the aircraft, its level of consciousness, all these parameters are taken into account in determining his ability to see and discriminate targets.

- Does the interaction between players and AI will be improved?
OM: Yes.

- What improvements are going to have about the flight models in BOB?
OM: The flight models are more accurate for all airplanes, and we have a model for modeling the internal structure much more complex which will add many details in the behavior of an airplane.

- Is that icing conditions are simulated altitude?
RD: Yes of course! For now it works in the code of games. This will not have a dramatic effect to the airframe but it will not be the same for the propeller and engine.

- What improvements are going to have about the patterns of damage in BOB?
OM & R & D: DM will be a mix between DM Il-2 and a new DM. Actually the DM will be much more complex than in Il-2 (This is due largely to model the internal structure)
Moreover, while the impact of small caliber machine guns will be represented and what the exact place of impact on the aircraft.
As far as shells, it will work just as in Il-2 for the physical representation, in fact if you touch the wing, we have a well defined area which is damaged but you must know that this is not the same thing to take into account the damage in DM.

Indeed the internal structure is modeled taking into account the damage done by the shell can be very precise.
- What systems of the aircraft will be modeled in the game? "(Fuel, pneumatic, hydraulic, oil, brakes ...)
RD: Anyone you just list the will. And more!
Not only will they modeled but they can also be damaged, wear out if you ever made improper use and they assign themselves to one another.
For example, the loss of the hydraulic pump to an engine failure will prevent you from leaving a train operated hydraulically! Or abused the power system will degrade the use of all instruments. And if you try to leave the flaps pneumatically operated with a damaged engine (pistons HS) you will lose pressure in the brake system etc etc ... ..

- Will we have the right at a cockpit clickable?
RD: Yes, and it will deactivation in options

- In Il-2 we had 2 main game modes online: Coops and dogfights.
We have something new about this? A new game mode?
OM: We will keep the already existing methods and add a completely new.
In this new mode, it will be possible for example to connect at any time replace an RN, at least if the server settings can do
(There will be many options and limitations in the settings of the games)
- THERE Will be possible to reload the machine guns from positions of gunners?
RD: Yes, but the representation of this function is relatively simple yet

- How will changing the engine management?
RD: At this point, there really too much to say! The management model engine itself is already very complex and includes many parameters that are used in real aircraft.
In the Full-real "you must use all the commands yourself!
Power to the mixture, the order of the WEP, radiators, carburettor heat etc ....
Moreover, the failure to maintain engine parameters within their limits will cause premature wear this one, loss of performance or even outages.
For those who find the system too hard, he can always come back via a system of options for a more simplified management engine, such as that of IL-2 or you will not damage your engine and even if you manage your engine anyhow.

- Is it be possible to rearm and resupply missions for coop?
OM: Certainly. The question is how to make this more or less realistic while keeping a good game.

- How does radar will affect the games?
OM: The radar will operate the same way he worked at the time (with audio dialogues) and for the Germans and the English, but it will not work quite the same way.
- The radio dialogues are very important to keep an immersive atmosphere and especially for the BOB because there were a lot of time vectoring and drivers of different nationalities.
What improvements will you make to radio dialogues in BOB?
OM: We're going to the games with a brand new "engine" dialog

- What improvements are going to be at the user interface?
RD: The UI will be completely redone. It will have nothing in common with the IU IL-2. There will now many new ways to adjust your controls and custom settings of your plane.

- Is it be possible for 2 people placed in the same plane to exchange their seats?
OM: If the pilot is killed, this is one of the gunners can take control of the plane? It may be possible, however in this case the pilot's body will disappear. We are still discussing this function within the staff.

- What innovations will we have in the mission editor?
OM: The copy and paste, the ability to set many things at once and many completely new features.
For the interface, we will retain the general appearance of the mission editor of IL-2.
It will be easier to use the new editor, if you have experience with that of IL-2.

- When do you leave the tools for third party?
OM: After exiting the game. Some things can not be unveiled before the game is released.
The heart is willing but the interface will be made later, because it takes a little time and priority is to leave the game yet.
So I do not get these tools at the exit of the game.
But I hope to do soon after leaving it

- What kind of things, modelers third party will be able to do?
OM: In the near future so (not just after exiting the game)
The modelers can build aircraft, ground objects and objects marine controlled by the AI (and even in the future controlled by humans!)
They can also make new cards, but the size of these cards will be limited.
Large maps will only be made by Maddox Games.

- The British used a system of sharing victory. We have a system of shared victories?
OM: It's possible.
- Is that BOB will be compatible with the 3D technology?
OM: Some things are only defined by the graphics cards, their drivers and their powers. We did not really much to predict that side.
- Does the games will be compatible with the triple screen technology? (Matrox Triple Head)
- Does the games will be optimized for multi-core CPU?

- Will our human presence on the ground?
OM: In the future, it will be possible. Now everything depends on our own speed of work. And how many different types of people (soldiers and civilians) we have the games! God only knows. We expected a lot. But I still can not say now how many we have in the release.

- For users of Track IR. Do you make limits deflections depending on the decision-G?
OM: Yes. And we will also take into account the limitations of the glass cockpit.
- The weather will dynamically Tella?
OM: Yes. It will have a very complex code. I give more details of the above when we'll be closer to the release of games.
- Does the turbulent wakes generated by other aircraft will be modeled?
OM: Yes

- What innovations will we have about the sound?
OM: A brand new 3D engine is its
- If you were a player lambda, you wait for a game?
OM: I personally like a simulation with great gameplay elements,
Or in other words I would like to have good games we could all appointed by the word s_i_m_u_l_a_t_e_u_r.
Lately, I have not really seen games offering these 2 parameters separated each other in my eyes.
I would add that we also implement a variety of difficulty settings to not let the newbies on the sidelines.

- Is the oxygen system is working?
OM: If you mean a manual use of oxygen mask so I would answer yes. This will be an option in the settings of difficulties.
- Do you change your method of simulation of sails red sails and black?
OM: We have no plans to change the graphics. There will just a few changes in its model code. In IL-2 I think we've found the perfect replacement almost what happens in reality in these cases.
Here is the interview is finished, a small photo finish:)

Snake_C6
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
thanks for that ;)
some friends helping me in the translation I think that It will be finished soon :-P

(75% already done)

Blackdog_kt
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
I just finished reading the whole thing (google translated) and all i can say to the team is "Thank you, you guys rock".
It seems they managed to include a lot of what various people have asked and also make it optional, so that everyone will be happy.

Imagine entering clouds and when you get out of them your canopy is all fogged up. You turn on the de-icing system, but before it manages to clear it up, BANG, you get bounced. You break hard and dive back into the clouds to escape and determine the amount of damage you received. All seems to work well but the screen goes darker gradually, you take a look at the lower right part of your BF109 cockpit and you see the oxygen pressure is almost zero. That lucky guy must have hit your oxygen lines with his hail of .303 rounds. As you monitor your engine for signs of carburetor icing you decide to remain in cloud cover for a few seconds more, then dive fast below 3km/10000ft to make sure you don't pass out from lack of oxygen. It's time to head back to Abeville.

In the time span of less than a minute we have an environmental effect resulting in a debilitating state, pilot action to remedy that, surprise attack as a result of that action distracting the pilot, use of the environment to escape, damage that is not immediately visible nor crippling to the airframe, but which will still creep up to kill you if you don't expect it and know what to look for, plus a Hurricane scoring a mission kill with its puny .303s, all in all a more "like the books we used to read" experience thanks to the new features. Plus, the lower caliber guns are no longer useless when there's lot's of small, unarmored things to break like hydraylic lines and such.

Somebody stop me, strap me to a psychiatrist's bed and dress me in a straightjacket, because i can't contain myself over how awesome all this new stuff is :lol:

philip.ed
02-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Very nice :P But wasn't this meant to be part of last weeks update....? :D

Qpassa
02-26-2010, 03:37 PM
J'ai alors le droit à ma première grosse surprise, Roman s'occupe de démarrer le Stuka et ses systèmes via la souris en cliquant à droite à gauche !!! C'est la première grosse nouveauté, le cockpit est cliquable !!!

Cockpit cliquable... ZOMG :D

Indeed the internal structure is modeled taking into account the damage done by the shell can be very precise.
- What systems of the aircraft will be modeled in the game? "(Fuel, pneumatic, hydraulic, oil, brakes ...)
RD: Anyone you just list the will. And more!
Not only will they modeled but they can also be damaged, wear out if you ever made improper use and they assign themselves to one another.
For example, the loss of the hydraulic pump to an engine failure will prevent you from leaving a train operated hydraulically! Or abused the power system will degrade the use of all instruments. And if you try to leave the flaps pneumatically operated with a damaged engine (pistons HS) you will lose pressure in the brake system etc etc ... ..

WOW! :O

Hope Ubisoft not to be the provider :I

zakkandrachoff
02-26-2010, 03:52 PM
kendo thnks!

nice He111, first time I see this from Storm Of War

http://www.checksix-fr.com/articles/Articles_html/inter_Oleg_Foxy/Oleg_interview_images/IMG_3048.jpg
and the sound is very nice

igitur70
02-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Hello Oleg,

I just read the interview of you that Snake pusblished on C6. Thanks to him for that! Thanks to you and your team as well for receiving and answering him so kindly!

So the cockpit will be clickable as an option. The best choice you made there imo.
I have a question that comes along with that new data : what about touchscreens ? I think it could be amazing if one were able to use them along with a track IR : glance at your dashboard while dogfighting and clik the (right) button. May i suggest to keep a separate use for the Hotas features ?

thx again

Qpassa
02-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Will be an official Spanish translation of the game?
Thanks

easytarget3
02-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh my god, from what i could understood i just wet my pants :O,thank you and i cant wait to read the full translation, thanks everyone

ECV56_Lancelot
02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Great interview, a lot of new things that we never had before on simulator are announced here that will be present.
Would had liked more explanation on the FMB, third party addons, and campaigns. The last two don't say anything new, on the FMB it says it will be similar to the one of IL-2, which i think it's GREAT, and have a lot of new features, but don't explain and shows anything of them.

The clickable cockpits, the aircraft systems modeled, and the improved damage and phisics modeled, make this so far the best update, i beleive.

Thanks to all involved on the interview!

virre89
02-26-2010, 05:05 PM
One word AMAZING.

Thanks for making this game, is everything still on track for a fall 2010 release :-), we want you at E3 this year Oleg, spawning videos of epic dogfights ;)

Keep up the great work.

Oleg Maddox
02-26-2010, 05:37 PM
One word AMAZING.

Thanks for making this game, is everything still on track for a fall 2010 release :-), we want you at E3 this year Oleg, spawning videos of epic dogfights ;)

Keep up the great work.

At the moment I don't know about my visit at E3. Maybe. However I personally don't think that it is neccessary really for introduction of the flight sim of that level :)
Of course the meetings alive is way better, that online.... but it is for limitied amount of people. Probably would be better to organize special events with competitions :)

Flanker35M
02-26-2010, 05:43 PM
S!

So time to dig up your Pilot's Manual guys, easy days are OVER! :evil: Looks we will have our hands full with SoW. Great update!

Tartag
02-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Oleg,

This sentence from you really shows your character:

" I always was and is in contact with users. This is my principle."

It shows again why this Il2 series is simply the best.

Spassiba Oleg
Merci Grégory

Ben

Proud owner of D-Box gaming motion seat.

philip.ed
02-26-2010, 06:05 PM
A link to the article with english translation at the bottom:

http://www.checksix-fr.com/articles/Articles_html/inter_Oleg_Foxy/interview_oleg_foxy_EN.html

I must say, the hurricanes damage model looks insane! :D

Il2Pongo
02-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Will the game be compatible with the 3D technology ?
OM:Such things define now only graphics cards, their drivers and power. We don’t need really to make anything special.

I take it the interviewer was asking about 3d in the 3d glasses sense. Is the answer still the same, are there no special considerations that would have to be made to allow me to play this in the future on my 42 inch screen with 3d and track IR?
evil laugh here....

SlipBall
02-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Great up-date! Oleg I am curious your decision to have "click-able"...and I'm not complaining either:grin:

BadAim
02-26-2010, 06:22 PM
A link to the article with english translation at the bottom:

http://www.checksix-fr.com/articles/Articles_html/inter_Oleg_Foxy/interview_oleg_foxy_EN.html

I must say, the hurricanes damage model looks insane! :D

LOL!, now I know that the firing order on the Tiger Moth is 1-3-4-2

Snake_C6
02-26-2010, 06:40 PM
here is the discussion thread about the review :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=146451

Oleg Maddox
02-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Great up-date! Oleg I am curious your decision to have "click-able"...and I'm not complaining either:grin:

Decision was done very long time ago. However I will never tell what we will see in final untill the time when I'm sure that it will works really.

----------------------

moved here

Oleg Maddox
02-26-2010, 06:47 PM
here is the discussion thread about the review :

Lets move all discussions there. Simply because it has the right name for the update and for many visitors will be more clear what to read.

I will move my previous post there.

Buglord
02-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Thankyou very much oleg , just read it & theres some very interesting stuff in there. :)

kendo65
02-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the (proper) English translation. Think I got about 50% extra info compared to earlier!

Very impressed. Seems that all eventualities will be covered - ice, clickable pits, use of oxygen, etc, etc. The modelling of engine and aircraft systems is incredible. This is going to knock the ball right out of the stadium!

The wait is going to be torture though...