PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about boats. Need help.

Uberman7788
02-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Hi all, I am trying to make an Island vs. Island map where two players fight each other with boats/airplanes/landing craft etc...

I've gotten the airplanes working easy, and all the water and stuff is working.

My only problem is that any troops on land will not board a ship that is very close off land. The only way I get them to board is if I put the boat in-land and then move it out, but you cannot do that in multiplayer.

So how do I get my guys to board the ships?

Also, I tried using a submarine, but it will not move, is this normal or not?

Also, destroyers and such will not sink, they can be destroyed and crew killed, but not sunk.

Thanks in advance.

Korsakov829
02-25-2010, 07:26 PM
To get your guys on ships, I recommend building a dock or pier out to sea. If that doesn't work check and see if your troops can go in water in the first place.

As for the submarine, I can't remember if I ever had problems with it. The only time the sub moves (if I recall) is at the end of the last Russian mission. Other then that it just stays there.

I had a problem with the Italian destroy as well. Only the vitals of the ship can be destroyed, but never sunk. The destroyer was only used in the last German mission. I don't think it ever does sink there.

Uberman7788
02-26-2010, 12:52 AM
No, my troops can't enter the water at all. How do I make it so they can? The texture is water and the model is there too.

Korsakov829
02-26-2010, 02:30 PM
I recommend looking at the first allied mission. Check the water, troops, and how deep the water is.

KnightFandragon
02-26-2010, 03:56 PM
The water on the first allied Mission Arsenal is shallow enough to where I can drive my KV across it, right on the ragged edges of my tank sinking...it comes up to about the top part of my tanks hull......it sunk in one spot I tried but not in the other....it was right where u swim across normally haha

SpeedWolf
02-27-2010, 08:58 PM
this what i try on some boats and plane destroying them got some bug with one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjuBNluGyvs

Uberman7788
02-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Thanks guys for the help, I decided to man them before the battle so they are extremely limited.

Funny thing is, blowing a ship up then diving into it (from a plane) seems to destroy the ship enough to kill most of the crew, and disable it.

Also it has a chance to capsize the thing.

Uberman7788
02-28-2010, 12:09 AM
this what i try on some boats and plane destroying them got some bug with one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjuBNluGyvs

Is that red tide? Or is that just the Adn-destroyer?

SpeedWolf
02-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Is that red tide? Or is that just the Adn-destroyer?

yes is red tide but i add it to see if i can help you

i am checking what ship sink and the submarine don't move only if you scripts it for what i try so far.

and about the water set the terrain try (swamp) see what work for you so your men can move in it.

Cabbyjoe12
07-27-2012, 07:00 PM
To get your guys on ships, I recommend building a dock or pier out to sea. If that doesn't work check and see if your troops can go in water in the first place.

As for the submarine, I can't remember if I ever had problems with it. The only time the sub moves (if I recall) is at the end of the last Russian mission. Other then that it just stays there.

I had a problem with the Italian destroy as well. Only the vitals of the ship can be destroyed, but never sunk. The destroyer was only used in the last German mission. I don't think it ever does sink there.
The ships do sink, i had that problem, until i realised i had to make the water deeper.