PDA

View Full Version : 168 demonologists for sale!

Metathron
02-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Just thought I'd share this because I found it so unexpected. I have only seen them in one or two games so far and even then there were only 5 available, so this came as quite a surprise. Wow! :grin:

DGDobrev
02-24-2010, 08:59 PM
Grats on that! Now, I'm assuming that you'd love to put all of them to good use, don't ya? ;)

Metathron
02-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Hehe, yes I would, but the "problem" is that I've put together a really nice little army consisting of royal snakes, paladins, inquisitors, shaman and ogres. The plan is/was for Amelie to cast stone skin on the ogres, the inquisitors cast bless, the ogres steal a high-speed enemy unit's moves and fall into a rage, and the shaman heal them with axes. Quite a plan, eh? However, I have not yet fought any battles with this composition, so I might be overestimating the ogre's sturdiness.

I'm wondering which unit to take out in case I decide to take the demonologists. Probably the inquisitors, but maybe that's not such a good idea as early on their rage generation ability is rather valuable. Or perhaps the royal snakes, but this is one of my top favourite units, especially with the +1 speed/init boots. I know lots of you guys would jump at the opportunity of buying that many demonologists and would eliminate the ogres without giving it a second thought, but I'd really like to give these lumbering fellas a shot. :-)

P.S.: next "door" to the demonologists there are some 150 royal griffins, so I have the exact opposite problem to the other poster who was disappointed with bad units everywhere. I have too many great units too choose from. :D

DGDobrev
02-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Oh, you have a really hard choice at hand... I really feel for you. Your strategy looks great and your army is well-organized, as you have everything - 2 tanks, a wicked damage dealer such as the royal snakes, and 2 great support units, such as shamans and inquisitors.

Well, the idea of putting away the inquisitors is good, because the demonologists can resurrect the ogres as well, provided there's enough life to leech from someone.

If it were down to my own judgment, I would have put the Ogres and Inquisitors in reserve and recruited all the demonologists and royal griffins I can handle. That would require some changes in the army lineup, but having 2 powerful summoner units like the the Demonologists and Royal Griffins is a real treasure to behold. Besides, both of them can be easily resurrected by the paladin, which puts your army in a very good position, with very tough units to show for.

Metathron
02-25-2010, 12:04 AM
Well, I uncovered a few more continents in the meantime and acquired lots of new levels (now level 14). One of the continents was Elon and, much as I knew I would, I succumbed to the temptation of buying dragons. :twisted:

My army now consists of:
1 black dragon
1 red dragon
3 ogres
16 demonologists
16 shamans

I thought my army was now strong enough to skip the first four islands and engage Verona, so I tried an enemy stack patrolling the area near Marshal DeGosh (playing as impossible paladin):

38 paladins
824 skeleton archers
27 knights
235 robbers
87 royal snakes

It was a long and exciting battle, some 16 rounds I believe, but I managed to win with no losses. This will appear as rather insignificant compared to some of the crazy battles folks around here have been doing, but I was proud of my achievement nonetheless. 8) Using mystic egg was really helpful in drawing away enemy fire, so my pet dragon received 6 level ups. Woohoo!

Oh, you have a really hard choice at hand... I really feel for you.

Thanks. There's nothing like coming home from work and finding the unconditional support of your loving. . . forum members. :mrgreen:

I would never have thought this possible, but it looks like my first impossible AP game might turn out to be the most entertaining one so far. Now on towards the bridge we go!

KongMysen
02-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Its rather easy changing inquistors with Demonolgists. They are close to identical, however Demonologists shoots slightly stronger, provides additional tank meat and provides alot more rage than the Inquisitors. Especially when summoning Demon/executioners.

One of the best units in the game imo.