PDA

View Full Version : Bernice & Clive Mission Question

OneMug
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Follow on to my previous question about Merc Log.

There was a little hitch in the Bernice/Clive mission. It was hinted that I didn't need to resort to force to resolve it. My solution was to give the weapon to Bernice and have everyone sprint to the sector exit point. The father's assistant (& guard of Bernice) took a shot at Warlock, who ran out the back door. He missed and Warlock was out of sight. Then Cameron and Bernice sprinted past the assistant and, before he was able to acquire either as a target and get off another shot, they were out of the building and ran to the sector exit point. We travelled to Campecino and the only dialogue choice I had with Clive was that I had to shoot someone to get Bernice out. Clive was not happy. My squad didn't fire a shot! So,

How was I supposed to get Bernice out with no one firing a shot? Little help?
OneMug
P.S. Is there somewhere a mission walkthrough? I like to do missions on my own first, then sometimes look at a walkthrough to see what I missed. Then I decide if I want to go to the trouble of replaying the mission. Mostly no, unless I missed something really important!

Thisone
06-03-2010, 08:35 AM
How to get out the friendly way.

Here's how I did it.

Go in through the front door
First talk to the father
then talk to the servant
Close the front door and the door to the fathers room
SAVE
Then talk to the girl, give her the gun, and add her to your team(top option)
Then LEAVE the girl standing in the room
Open the 2 doors so you can exit the hotel via the backdoor.
Move your team MINUS the girl to an exit.(one right next to the bar)
Select the Girl and ONLY the girl.
Select the SPRINT movement option.
Now talk to the servant while the girl is STILL in her room. You exit the room and you fail the peacefull option.
Talk about wine, and then talk about the supplies being sold on the black market.
When the servant says get the hell out of here, PAUSE, make sure you have sprint as movement type(anything less and it will fail) and sprint out of the hotel to the glowing yellow ring next to the bar(where the rest of your team are) wait 7 seconds and then leave.

Gongratulations.

Youve just done it the peaceful way.

MoreDread
06-03-2010, 03:40 PM
just to clarify:
when talking to the father, ask him about a job, and when he tells you that he wants clive killed, ask him what if they really are in love...
he will get angry and tell you to leave
then tell the servant in front of benicia's room to go fetch a wine bottle from the cellar, give benicia the bottle and the servant will come back.
threaten him to tell what you know about his shady business and he will offer you the chance to leave without starting a fight.

a small hint: when benicia joins your team you have unlimited time to finish the mission by bringing her to clive. until you do, benicia will essentially be a merc that doesn't require to be paid. so it's a very good addition to your team at the start of the game.

her stats usually aren't that great and equipment she is wearing doesn't get displayed on her.
i have made a small mod to change these two things in the 'collection of my mods' thread here on the forums.
however if you feel like using it, you will have to start a new game after installing it for the changes to take effect.
so unless you haven't done much in your game yet, that's probably not an option for you.

OneMug
06-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Thisone & Moredread, thanks for the tips. I've finished the main quest and, at lvl 12, just playing for fun battles. I have BlueSun .9, and will start a new game with the latest version soon. Don't have much time to play, so it takes me a long time to finish up.

What's the highest CGL available in the game?

Thanks again. (Your info also explains why I had Bernice in my Mercenaries list.) OneMug

OneMug
08-09-2011, 05:52 AM
BSM 1.8 has been running fine but now the dialog with Bernice goes into a continuous loop and I can't give her the weapon. All my other missions & dialog scripts have been working just fine.

The Desert Eagle isn't removed from my pack or hand after I click the dialog for her to take the weapon. I get a continue but it won't work. By clicking the left mouse button elsewhere I can get the dialog to move off of "continue" but it repeats her telling me who she is and takes me back to my option of telling her to take the weapon and I can't stop the loop. Furthermore, I can't get out of the dialog window to do anything else. I have to close the program with Task Manager.

Also, the servant doesn't have a "get a bottle of wine" choice but will let me talk to Bernice. But he just stands there in the hall. I think some scripting is missing or corrupted.

A couple of years ago, when I did the mission with an earlier BSM version, I got Bernice out without anyone getting hurt but the Servant took one shot at us (missed) and the game counted that as not doing the mission without violence.
I've tried to follow the procedure of Thisone & More Dread from Jun 2010. Same result.
Any ideas for fixing this problem? OneMug

Old Chestnut
08-23-2011, 03:32 AM
As in the main mod thread, I too have this problem. A script error somewhere?

OneMug
09-15-2011, 07:52 PM
R@S, now that I'm cgl 9, I've tried the Bernice & Clive mission again. Still get that infinite loop when trying to talk to Bernice. Can you suggest some way to fix the problem? Is it a read only problem (I've tried piddling around with this but don't know exactly which files might need that) or a scripting error or what?

Is there some info I could give you that would be helpful for you to fix - if you have the time, of course? Or will it just be in my active missions until I finish the game & hang up my web belt?

I'm really enjoying the variety and challenge of this game. Thanks very much, R@S for improving and extending it. I have and occasional CTD (with or w/o an error window) but they're few & far between. Outstanding job!
OneMug

Hurzwa
09-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Is it possible to complete the quest the bad way meaning killing clive for benitias father?

R@S
09-17-2011, 07:48 AM
The Benicia quest is fubar, sorry. There's no way to complete it without using a fixed version of the source code. Since it would require a new game I planned to release it a while back, but other things has taken all my spare time.

OneMug
09-17-2011, 03:22 PM
R@S, thanks for the reply. At least the mission is minor and shouldn't keep anyone from completing the main mission. I can live with that. I thank you again for all your work on this game. Excellent!

Hurzwa, did you have the script problem too? Hadn't thought of your suggestion. But I'll see how that goes. I can always reload. Guess I'm just a romantic.

I still don't know how to hide what might be spoiler text. I pixel hunt all the reply icons and search the forum but no joy. Anyone?
OneMug