PDA

View Full Version : Proposal request : make D-Box compatible with Il-2 and SoW

Tartag
02-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi, newbie here

I hang out mostly on the french forums, so I hope you will excuse my use of english. I recently discovered this 1c Forum. I have been an avid flightsimmer
for years and and after getting a bit bored about FSX and X-Plane, and the so called "managed snobism" about and around them, I discovered Il-2 series...

Beside the aircrafts' physics accuracy, the historic accuracy impresses me a lot. People around me are impressed too. One of them happens to be my wife, an historian at the University of Sherbrooke here in Canada. Now, with all the mods, I can simulate one of my youth idol (after reading The Flying Circus) Free French hero Pierre Clostermann missions on his Spit and Typhoon.

The main reason behind my intervention is just a proposal request:
I'm a proud owner, and surely not the only one, of this wonderful gaming motion seat device called D-Box. They are pretty well known around the world for their motion seats for home cinema and theaters. They are the leaders in that niche, I would say. But they are in gaming too. I own my D-Box platform only for gaming.

That said, I was wondering if the people still working on Il-2, and on the future SoW, (M. Oleg and Ilya and the team) would make this device compatible with Il-2? I'm not an expert, but I heard that the motion integration is quite fast and easy. I'm presently pushing D-Box people to help you guys on that matter. FSX, X-Plane and DCS: Black Shark are all compatible right now. Il-2 and the future SoW would give great sensations
with this device. My sons would certainly appreciate it!

Thank for listening

Ben

philip.ed
02-23-2010, 07:40 PM
That does sound really cool! ;) OH BTW, your english is excellent! :D

Qpassa
02-23-2010, 08:37 PM
ouch ,its almost 4000$ in USA and Canada ._.

philip.ed
02-23-2010, 08:39 PM
ouch ,its almost 4000$ in USA and Canada ._.

:(

Qpassa
02-23-2010, 08:46 PM
+taxes +shipping lol

Tartag
02-23-2010, 09:07 PM
It used to be 3 times that price not long time ago. The competitors sell their stuff for much higher in the 5 numbers. And like anything in techs I'm sure the prices will continue to go down. Just look at 3d stuff, multimonitors and so on. I 've got a motion platform on which I've put my own seat on it and it's a bit less expensive. I'm certainly not full of money and I decided to save just to get that platform. It's a question of choice, anyway. I don't own these fancy yokes, sticks and rudder pedals and other set of gauges that are sometimes more expensive to the total, but my point is: even these are mostly compatible with the majority of the flightsims, il-2 included. Like I said, FSX, X-Plane, Black Shark are compatible with D-Box. Make the best of all, Il-2, compatible...please.

Ben

Zoom2136
02-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi, newbie here

I hang out mostly on the french forums, so I hope you will excuse my use of english. I recently discovered this 1c Forum. I have been an avid flightsimmer
for years and and after getting a bit bored about FSX and X-Plane, and the so called "managed snobism" about and around them, I discovered Il-2 series...

Beside the aircrafts' physics accuracy, the historic accuracy impresses me a lot. People around me are impressed too. One of them happens to be my wife, an historian at the University of Sherbrooke here in Canada. Now, with all the mods, I can simulate one of my youth idol (after reading The Flying Circus) Free French hero Pierre Clostermann missions on his Spit and Typhoon.

The main reason behind my intervention is just a proposal request:
I'm a proud owner, and surely not the only one, of this wonderful gaming motion seat device called D-Box. They are pretty well known around the world for their motion seats for home cinema and theaters. They are the leaders in that niche, I would say. But they are in gaming too. I own my D-Box platform only for gaming.

That said, I was wondering if the people still working on Il-2, and on the future SoW, (M. Oleg and Ilya and the team) would make this device compatible with Il-2? I'm not an expert, but I heard that the motion integration is quite fast and easy. I'm presently pushing D-Box people to help you guys on that matter. FSX, X-Plane and DCS: Black Shark are all compatible right now. Il-2 and the future SoW would give great sensations
with this device. My sons would certainly appreciate it!

Thank for listening

Ben

Hello fellow quebecer... I'm from Montreal, usually fly Spitsvs109sm... as SAF_Zoom