PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, online with SoW_BoB...

Flyby
02-21-2010, 09:45 PM
It will be interesting to see if online missions will allow for a pilot to fly multiple sorties, from either side. Perhaps easier to do for RAF pilots, but Luftwaffe pilots might be good for a few sorties too. I wonder how many among us would fly multiple sorties if you could? I suppose this might easier take place in a persistent campaign rather than the typical COOP. I'd like to see this style of game play with full real settings, though I have no idea what that means in SoW.
Another thing I'd be curious about is the radar modeling. Will the radar be modeled so it is possible to fly under it? In a persistent campaign this might be an interesting twist to game-play. Specifically, I've read that there were some low-level missions flown by Luftwaffe bombers. These were flown to get under British radar detection, and appear to have been successful in surprising British airfields with their sudden appearance (though several were shot down in one instance: "The Battle of Britain" by Marcel Jullian/chapter 9, page 125). The bombers flew low level across the Channel, and over the English countryside undetected until they burst upon their targets.

Will the weather be dynamic in online play? Even in high summer it seems there were frequently a few clouds about over the Channel. Beware the Hun in the Sun, but watch the clouds too!
Flyby out

Flyby
02-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Damn Flyby!! You must be out of your mind thinking about online flying like this. Most people only tend to wait for about 8 minutes or less for the action to begin (or they will bail to another campaign, Coop, or D/F room). Notice the number of views? That ought to tell ya something! ;)
Flyby out

Blackdog_kt
02-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, that's not a bad idea you have there, but i think most people didn't comment because the underlying game mechanics are already part of the DF mode.

So, i guess you mean coops with multiple sorties (aka no respawn) as opposed to multiple sorties regardless of wether your pilot gets killed.

Romanator21
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I think your last two points about radar and weather have been discussed at some point. As for multiple mission Coops, maybe. Most people only have time for one on a weekend. That sounds a lot like a moving dogfight map anyway.

Igo kyu
02-22-2010, 11:28 PM
IIRC, the RAF used to turn around aircraft in about 15 minutes, but it would be different pilots taking up the second flight.

Flyby
02-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Well, that's not a bad idea you have there, but i think most people didn't comment because the underlying game mechanics are already part of the DF mode.

So, i guess you mean coops with multiple sorties (aka no respawn) as opposed to multiple sorties regardless of wether your pilot gets killed.
you guess correctly. I should have been more clear about that. No re-spawning. The pilot gets killed and his day is over. He might as well look for another server to join. But I think a dedicated war server might be set up where pilots can register, and thereby have a way to check and see how things turned out (not to mention any relevant scoring). Be nice to have a bit of team play, maybe at the squadron level. (not to reinvent the wheel, of course)

As for the radar and weather being previously discussed, I can only say I missed that. I'll do a search for such discussions relating to SoW_BoB. Meanwhile I'll assume they both will impact online game play. I suppose such lengthy gaming is a bit hard to come to terms with. People do have lives beyond online sim-ing, so to ask someone dedicate enough time to fly several sorties (if one survives) is asking a lot. It seems the sort of event that would not be routinely put out there. But it might be a blast to do so every once in a blue moon. ;)

Now if only Oleg sets a feature where an aircraft can be turned around in15 minutes. Give a guy a chance to get up, stretch the legs, maybe go take a whiz, or grab a snack. Then back at it with hammer and tong! :D

Well, what can I say?
Flyby out

Igo kyu
02-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Now if only Oleg sets a feature where an aircraft can be turned around in15 minutes. Give a guy a chance to get up, stretch the legs, maybe go take a whiz, or grab a snack. Then back at it with hammer and tong! :D
My, point, so far as I had one, was that the aircraft went up again, the pilots had breakfast then might go up again when the aircraft came back again. We were short of pilots in The Battle, but not that short. :D

Flyby
02-23-2010, 11:31 AM
rgrt, Igo. ;)
Flyby out

Oleg Maddox
02-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Some answer or maybe qestion for discussion you will get in today's posted interview.

Flyby
02-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Some answer or maybe qestion for discussion you will get in today's posted interview.
rgrt, OM! looking forward to the English version of the C6 interview
Flyby out