PDA

View Full Version : This game is FUBAR!

Cage
02-21-2010, 01:00 PM
O.K., tried every fix I can find for this POS and nothing works. I can't count the number of times I've installed and uninstalled this game.

I'm done. Off to bigger and better things. 1C can KMA. :mad:

RonBR
02-21-2010, 01:08 PM

Thanks to 'Grandmaster B' on the Steam forums, we have a solution which I'll post here for all those having these issues with no response.

Here's his post copied word for word:

'NecroVisioN did not start (silently crashed) until i manually changed the "Cfg.RenderDevice" in the "config.ini" to 2. Maybe that solution helps somebody having the same problem, if it does not change the number back to 1.'

Worked for me, here's hoping it'll work for everyone too.

Cage
02-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Nada....

Gniarf
02-21-2010, 03:35 PM
First thing first: What is the problem, exactly?
Crash? When?
Error message? What does it say?
Something else? What?

Cage
02-21-2010, 04:51 PM
When I start the game, my computer re-boots No error message. When it restarts, it's the same BSOD message from windows. Running latest drivers.

Gniarf
02-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Did you try running with the OLDEST driver (the one that came boxed with your gfx card) to see if it's driver related?

And as I asked in another thread, do you have any starforce protected game?

Cage
02-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I can't believe that the developer would require anyone with this game to uninstall the latest drivers and go back to the ones that came with their cards. To me that seems backwards. I have no idea if I have any starforce protected games. How can one tell?

Divebomb
02-22-2010, 08:28 AM
BSODs are pretty much always hardware or driver related. Check all your drivers and run memtest for your ram.

Gniarf
02-22-2010, 09:32 PM
I can't believe that the developer would require anyone with this game to uninstall the latest drivers and go back to the ones that came with their cards. To me that seems backwards. Necrovision's devs don't require you to install specific drivers, incompatibilities between your hardware and a given application require you to try out to find a solution.
Why are there incompatibilities? Either
-The guys who made the engine f*cked up ("People can fly" as I recall)
-The guys who took the engine and turned it in a game touched something they shouldn't (Farm51).
-The guys at ATI/AMD messed up when making their drivers OR graphic chip. And before you say anything, it's not because other games work well that they did everything correctly.

Yes the farm51's coding is sh1t, it doesn't mean you have to sit there and bark. You want to play the game? Fine! But you have to deserve it. And given your hardware, no, paying the $$$ was not enough, you have to think and try as well.

I have no idea if I have any starforce protected games. How can one tell?Google is your friend: "startforce game list", first result: http://groups.google.com/group/boycott-starforce/web/games-list

BSODs are pretty much always hardware or driver related. starforce installs drivers (3-4 files in the Windows\System32\drivers folder with the .sys extension)

OugaBooga
02-23-2010, 11:41 AM
LoL, i had 1 problem & that was that i couldn't use sli, other then that it runs fine "for ME" since then.
Personally i don't feel i should jump through hoops in order to play a game considered as a final product.
I can understand "minor" patches but being a detective is NOT the job of the consumer.
Anyhoo, i have enjoyed the 1st necro.