PDA

View Full Version : Ha HA ha HA haH! 767 "pilot"

doordie
02-21-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncLfUSbAM70

(sorry if you saw this before but I didn't)

KG26_Alpha
02-21-2010, 10:22 AM
If you are here to ridicule a fellow flight simmer then you just shot your self in the foot.

secretone
02-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I wish Mr. Veltman much success. Never be afraid to dream of something better or more interesting!

nearmiss
02-21-2010, 04:33 PM
This video is very down-played.

The complexities of flying in Flight Simulator would be boring to most people I guess.

Preparing flight plan, being knowledgeable about ATC and GC procedures, the charts have to be followed precisedly for take-off, landing, missed approaches,etc.

Doing it correctly is very challenging and tedious just as flying a real aircraft. In fact, if you can fly a simulator aircraft and follow all the procedures you can fly for real. You just miss the seat of the pants feel and the stress of descending at 500 knots while looking out the window.

It is definitely a worthwhile hobby. Anyone that mocks or ridicules a flight simulator enthusiast is really showing their ignorance.

I don't do flight simulator because I just really don't need all the brain stress after working with complex things all day in my work.

I would recommend the flight simulator to anyone that has a propensity for detail. Just making a competent landing at night using navigation tools in the flight simulator is darned awesome.

Also, remember that night flying is very common in the real world. It is very challenging to fly at night only on instruments. The sim world is very realistic at night. The airport, runways and ground lighting are very realistic.

I think flight simulators are fantastic hobby and I certainly would never laugh at anyone that is competent with flight simulator. Many flight simulator hobbyists could probably fly their aircraft of choice very well in the real world, if they had the opportunity.

RCAF_FB_Orville
02-21-2010, 04:52 PM
LOL....Shame on them! This is cruel....but I had to admit I laughed a little bit, lighten up man. :grin:

The bloke is having fun, transatlantic "flights" are not my cup of tea, but all power to him! :)

I think most folk know they are just games, but the sarcastic camera shots outside did make me chuckle a bit lol.

I wonder if we will see him starring in a nervous breakdown "LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" YT vid a la Britney spears.....LMAO. :grin:

Foo'bar
02-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Senseless trying to explain a journalist your hobby wich is asking silly questions and obviously doesn't have any clue about what he's looking at while the simmer is flying.