PDA

View Full Version : For those who likes FACES OF WAR

leo.civil.uefs
02-20-2010, 12:48 AM
For those who dont know, Faces of War is the antecessor of Men of War, same engine, same graphic etc, but in my opinion some maps are more detailed than in MOW giving to FOW a unique gameplay.

The problem with the game is, every mission you receive 3 or 4 men and need to fight the entire german army, its the fuckin most difficult shit ever made in videogames, it turns the gameplay boring and annoying. Also, in despite of the greate engine and quantity of vechicles, you will barely use 1 or 2 veichles during all the game. Its always the same shit, 4 men and its all. What a waste.

So I did a mod, a little mod, just adding some vehicles in the single player missions, also more men to the squads, having not changing anything more, the missions still the same. Ive played myself and know I can say the game got really funny and the most impportant, now you have the chance of finish the missions, hehe. I did it in a way that will keep the game difficult and tactical, just 1 vehicle or 3 or 4 more men in the squad.

Thats it. If someone show interest i can upload the mod.

KnightFandragon
02-20-2010, 04:58 AM
I DL'd some FoW Mission pack mod and surely that 4 men thing was annoying. Ive added in a few vehicles to some of the missions and one thing is for sure in this game, even adding in an almighty King Tiger doesnt so much make this game easier. Fun, rather hard game for sure. Also, what is it w/ FoW that when u mod in units at some points in the mission only the units the game started u with can kill guys. Ive had it where a whole squad and a Tank roll up and the game wont let me kill one single guy, then I go up w/ a mission guy and he just shoots them haha

robi120
02-20-2010, 10:49 AM
But my favorite missons are with 4 men kill 400 soldiers!

leo.civil.uefs
02-20-2010, 02:49 PM
I DL'd some FoW Mission pack mod and surely that 4 men thing was annoying. Ive added in a few vehicles to some of the missions and one thing is for sure in this game, even adding in an almighty King Tiger doesnt so much make this game easier. Fun, rather hard game for sure. Also, what is it w/ FoW that when u mod in units at some points in the mission only the units the game started u with can kill guys. Ive had it where a whole squad and a Tank roll up and the game wont let me kill one single guy, then I go up w/ a mission guy and he just shoots them haha

This is because you didnt change the "ables" of the units you added.
There is a way to do this in GEM EDITOR.

leo.civil.uefs
02-20-2010, 02:52 PM
But my favorite missons are with 4 men kill 400 soldiers!

It still almost the same! But now you have more 3 or 4 men, and some small vehicle, just a small armored car or a single sherman tank in the most difficult missions. The challange continues the same, you will need to use every unit carefully.

Feh
08-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I skipped this game after reading the Gamespot review. "Withdraw the secret stuffing". LOL.

SpeedWolf
08-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I skipped this game after reading the Gamespot review. "Withdraw the secret stuffing". LOL.

Gamespot review have error for men of war and faces of war.

read the end of the review in Gamespot and you will note that MoW and FoW have the same error in their review

Gamespot error in the review of Men of War
"Editor's Note: The preceding review replaces the Men of War review that was originally posted on GameSpot, which was found to contain a number of factual inaccuracies. We regret the error."

Gamespot error in the review of Faces of War
"Editor's note 09/26/06: When the review was originally posted, it implied that there was no way to toggle on the game's direct control feature without pressing and holding a key, which is incorrect. GameSpot regrets the error."

i also notice two things

the first is when you're looking for men of war in Gamespot the first game that come up is Company of Heroes and the second is Commandos 2: Men of Courage.

but Commandos 2: Men of Courage make sense because is have the word (Men of) in it.

so why Company of Heroes is in the top of the list when is didn't have any of the key word in it.

and the second thing i notice is why the Men of War gameplay footage that was uploaded by gamespot is set so low not even i get graphic like that on low in my men of war.

also the people who review the two game don't have a profile page in Gamespot.