PDA

View Full Version : how to train skill

jamalyeh
02-19-2010, 11:23 AM
i live in taiwan
i bought the import version(english)

this is the first time in touch with brigade series
i played the JA series before
after 30hours play i found some tip of fast increase skill(also money saving)

(all skill can be increase only 5 point a day)
(when skill point increase the number start to blink,dont process any movement it wont do any good)

*snap shot(the most hard to train in normal combat)

most enter combat.find a task giving guy(have no weapon in hand).after finish his task using "blank bullet"(in rebel camp) to shoot at him.most use FFh position, better process in a one entrence room.the city guard wont attack you.

about 30 round increase one point
5point of FFP will also increase 1point of accuracy

"the sniping and accuracy can also use this way, but remenber shoot at head and keep in long range"

*heavy weapon

using rpg firing but cancel the action before it launch
about three time increase one point

*throwing

buy a smoke grenade after the smoke is gone. pick it up
start to throw it,(pick and trow)
about 8-10 time increase 1point

i also encounter one fxxk up problem i use the lembert,she has the fastest
gun draw in all merc.I'm using the AKMSN right now. after many hours of compartion it appear to be the fastest drawing weapon in the whole game(i increase cgl to see other weapon) i dont want to end up using this pieace finish this game.
but this weapon's describe seems normal "ready 3.5sec".

just a theory,is it posible that there's a proficiency by weapon type in this game?i dont want to install the mod so soon.
i spend 35US on this crab.

by the way the merc for hire seems too week. i end up using one man squad fight the whole world. i try many group strategy but it wont work. the best and fastest way to fight is carry a silient weapon and night vision to fight alone.my current cgl is 8.

sorry for any broken english.iam a chinese

Sneaksie
02-19-2010, 11:40 AM
You should use different weapons for close quarters and open areas. Best assault rifle won't help you in close quarters, because enemy with a pistol will aim much quickier. And yes, merc develop a habit for a particular weapon he/she uses.
Fighting alone is too hard IMO, in addition to your stealthy main character you'll need at least machinegunner for support, someone to carry and use heavy stuff like grenade launchers, a good medic... and what would you do in case of daytime engagement? What makes this game incredible is adrenaline level simulation, several enemies would suppress your lone hero easily (and there are fights against several dozens of bad guys, you know).

jamalyeh
02-19-2010, 11:54 AM
thanks for the tip ! is there a parameter for proficiency i can check in consle.
i do change the weapon by diff encounter. but how to use the HMG in field?
shoot it by aim at point?the HMG gunner are easy mark. it seems only increase my save/load time.

by the way does the drug to suppress the adrenaline do have side effect?
like the addiction in fallout?

dirt15
05-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi all!

Is there a way to increase your camouflage skill?

MoreDread
05-16-2010, 10:19 AM
I have never seen the camo skill go up on any of my characters.

but i wanted to add that training your throw skill also raises dexterity

i got about 10 points for raising my throw skill from 30 to 100

there seems to be a limit of +5 per day when training a skill

and strength and stamina can be trained by filling two backpacks with the heaviest ammunition you can find and putting one on your back and carrying one in your hand, then filling up the rest of your inventory with ammo and the shoulder/neck slots with the heaviest weapons you can find.
then just run around like mad. Stamina goes up very slowly but strength aint too hard.

the sapper skill can be trained by buying as many mines as you can fit in your inventory, then in the same sector find a spot where youre not beeing seen.
place all the mines, defuse em, sell em to a vendor, buy em back and they can be placed again.

i used to do all these things alot.. but nowadays i just edit my savegame with the azp editor instead of doing the same things over and over again...
i try not to overdo it, only raise skills by +20 to +40 and then just play the game. its alot less frustrating and i get to choose my mercs by looks instead of skills (most of them are rather ugly)

the main characters abilities can be set in the ini files under ActorsINI/Preset
(don't bother setting skills tho, they get reset on character generation)

Gargantou
05-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Are there any negative effects to training skills this way?

Aside from it taking time.

MoreDread
05-16-2010, 04:00 PM
well you shouldn't be on a mission with a time limit of course.. and for some of those methods you need a bit of cash but other than that theres no downside...