PDA

View Full Version : Can Songs of The Wind Be Used to Summon Dragons?

watersky82
02-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Dragons are flying creatures right?

loreangelicus
02-19-2010, 03:49 AM
Sorry to inform you, but Song of the Wind can't produce dragons. The best you could summon from them are Royal Griffins and Dryads.

You need Call Colossus to summon any of the dragon types; Call of Death can also summon Bone Dragons as they are undead.

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
02-19-2010, 04:49 AM
You can get Royal Griffins from Song of the Wind? I used it many times with reload to see what all it could produce and the best I could get was regular griffins, and even those were very rare, Dryads also very rarely. Is there any trick to make RG's more likely with SotW? Being in some location, some continent, some specific area?

It seems like Song shows up more easily in early game than Colossus. It could be very nice to get some Dryads or RG's very early on.

DGDobrev
02-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Yes, you can. Song of the Wind can produce:

Griffins, Royal Griffins, Dryads, Lake Fairies, Forest Fairies, Hayterrants, Pirates, Sea Dogs, Lake Dragonflies, and Fire Dragonflies.

Zechnophobe
02-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Dragon Flies and pirates... uggh. I really wish those weren't even in the calculation, because they are SUCH terrible units. Otherwise, Song provides a good selection of hard to find units, especially in the early game. Dryads are generally my favorite from the item, because you won't find them useless even if you use the scroll early (lullaby is SO awesome).

KrazyDocK
02-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Ah, lullaby. I used it like crazy in KB:TL. I have to admit it was overpowered but I'm still grieving the change in duration from 2 to 1.

KD

Zechnophobe
02-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah, 2 turns was downright ridiculous though. One turn at least lets the enemy possibly fight back. You still get a summoner + controller + damage dealer all in a sexy (literally) little package.