PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to join Team Daidalos.

The_Stealth_Owl
02-19-2010, 02:13 AM
As a object and plane skinner!!

I am also an modder and mission builder. :)

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/OwlsTank.png
My skins are here:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads2&file=manage&page=2

Would you let me join? I can make templates for you guys!

S!

Owl

Modding_Monkey
02-19-2010, 02:22 AM
O dear God In Heaven

Daidalos Team Please do not say yes to this one, Worst decision EVER!

EDIT:

If you look at his posts he has not made anything worth a sperm. Best Thing to do Daidalos Team is BAN, this kid like many sites have other than UbiZoo.

EDIT.EDIT:
Owl. If your applying for a position the least you could do is get the name right!

AndyJWest
02-19-2010, 02:43 AM
As a object and plane skinner!!

I am also an modder and mission builder. :)

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/OwlsTank.png
My skins are here:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads2&file=manage&page=2

Would you let me join? I can make templates for you guys!

S!

Owl

Owl, slow down. We're going to need you for SoW:BoB. ;)

Seriously, I'd concentrate on expanding the skills you have now, rather than trying to involve yourself on projects that most of us just don't have the knowledge and skills to get involved with. If you really want to do the sort of stuff that TD do, you need to learn a bit more first - I'd start by reading this: http://norvig.com/21-days.html.

Guys, Owl is probably serious, and shows signs of talent. Though I doubt he has much to offer immediately, he is worth encouraging, in spite of his youthful presumption. When we are too old and decrepit to produce useful stuff (in my case now...), we will need another generation to carry the torch. Maybe you could find him a minor piece of ordnance to skin or something - just don't ask him to proofread anything. ;)

AndyJWest
02-19-2010, 02:54 AM
O dear God In Heaven

Daidalos Team Please do not say yes to this one, Worst decision EVER!

EDIT:

If you look at his posts he has not made anything worth a sperm. Best Thing to do Daidalos Team is BAN, this kid like many sites have other than UbiZoo.

EDIT.EDIT:
Owl. If your applying for a position the least you could do is get the name right!

Since when do we ban people on the basis of unsubstantiated allegations about things that may or may not have occurred on other forums? If you have specific grounds for suggesting Owl should be banned, I suggest you contact the moderators.

Frankly, the lengths some people go to to pursue their meaningless vendettas do nothing but bring discredit on the entire IL-2 community.

Modding_Monkey
02-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Frankly, the lengths some people go to to pursue their meaningless vendettas do nothing but bring discredit on the entire IL-2 community.

I have nothing against no one. I'm just saying that if he were brought upon the team there would be many problems and great upsets to the community(s).

If it's for skinning. Maybe. If it's for anything other than Photoshop. I give him "Le Grande Non". lol

And everyone has substantial stuff about everyone. My Motto ist: live and let live.

AndyJWest
02-19-2010, 03:13 AM
I have nothing against no one

Then why did you find it necessary to post what you did in an open forum?

Romanator21
02-19-2010, 04:38 AM
I don't see what's the big deal. It's not as if Owl joining DT will result in the introduction of an F-16 into the plane-list, lol! If he shows enough interest/enthusiasm, then he might eventually become an asset. :)

AndyJWest
02-19-2010, 05:02 AM
I don't see what's the big deal. It's not as if Owl joining DT will result in the introduction of an F-16 into the plane-list, lol! If he shows enough interest/enthusiasm, then he might eventually become an asset. :)
+1

Actually, I think he is an asset already, for no better reason than his enthusiasm. OK, he can also be a pain in the nether regions, but at least he shows spirit. We probably need a bit of this to counter the endless 'FM porked/uber debates', and rehashes of arguments from five years ago.

And anyone who can introduce a 'SB-3 pencil mod' can't be all bad (though for god's sake don't include this in the next patch). :rolleyes:

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 10:58 AM
EXCUSE CAPS BUT BEING A MODERATOR AT aaa I FELT THAT I NEED TO GIVE MY OWN ADVICE.

Despite any progress Owl might have made skinning wise, he is not to be trusted. He has been banned countless-number of times from AAA and has proved to be a dangerous kid. He's boasted he has everyones IP and has said what he could do with this....

Plus, with posts like these, he continually spams saying he can do this and this. On closer inspection of his work, he can't do anything that he boasts. Additionally, he is not dumb; if I'm right he's 14/15 and no 14/15 year old I know is as naive as he is.

I URGE; TREAD WITH CAUTION WITH REGARDS TO OWL!

(however, give it a few years, I'd be interested to see what work this kid can do :rolleyes: )

Lucas_From_Hell
02-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Philip, 13 IIRC.

If a 13 year old knows enough to join Daidalos, then I'm sure about one thing: this guy needs a social life URGENTLY.

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Aye. I mean, I am of a similar age and I am not nearly as naive; nor was I a few years ago. He clearly knows the ropes about these things, and comes over as a naive child to a) create discussions such as these and b) to cause arguments in the community.
He could potentially be a good modder, but he does everything the wrong way.

MikkOwl
02-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Philip, 13 IIRC.

If a 13 year old knows enough to join Daidalos, then I'm sure about one thing: this guy needs a social life URGENTLY.
Can't make those kind of assumptions (that the person has no social life). Also, who are we to judge about the social stuff? People have wildly differing preferences with that.

My advice to Owl (as a fellow artist) is to keep working on improving and producing the highest quality work. I'm sure that once it reaches very high quality levels (if distributed in the community) it will get noticed.

Beware of over or under-estimating yourself. Be realistic. Don't take critiques personally but see if they are correct, and if so, figure out how to improve it. If there's something you don't feel confident at, or just feels very difficult (and as such probably not very fun) to do, do that one thing especially, until you get it right. There are no shortcuts. Learn how light theory works (ray tracing, types of surfaces, glossy/matte/mixed/liquid/particle contamination/specular lighting/global lighting aepifjaepfhaeA).

Lucas_From_Hell
02-19-2010, 12:09 PM
MikkOwl, I do see your point there.

But what I'm saying is, if he had the skills needed, then he should seek help. However, that doesn't seem to be the case.

(And by the way, we're not talking about assumptions, as he usually mentions he's using the school computer in the breaks for his works)

So, cold day, isn't it? :mrgreen:

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 12:09 PM
TO add to what you just said Mikki, Owl needs to think about everything he posts. If he wants to join TD or something similar, then instead of doing it through the open forums send a formal PM or something similar. I think he must know how to do this by now, which is why ( I think ) it is right to point out that (unfortunately) a leopard never changes its spots unless seriously affected by drugs ;) :mrgreen:

MikkOwl
02-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah yeah, we'll see. I can't judge someone I don't know. I've only seen him once, very upset on hyperlobby chat when someone else took credit for his work a few weeks ago I think.

*John Cleese Voice* And now to something completely different. (Art related!).

Texturing work isn't easy. I have done things here and there over the years, not much though. At these low resolutions (1024x1024) it's much easier than full out illustrations with objects, scenery and everything, like any painting. I could have tried to pursue work as a texture artist but it's not nearly rewarding, and it gets obsoleted with the years as computer tech progresses (plain illustrations don't age like that at all, they are timeless). Texturing planes has more than a few things in common with painting a scale model, especially with weathering and all, which is an interesting cross over :) Anyone wanting to be a texture artist (of vehicles that is) could do well to do scale modeling.

(And I went into commercial illustrations for the record.. I feel like shifting my focus from Sci-fi to WW2 planes now after being overjoyed with the awesomeness of WW2 flight sims again).

Lucas_From_Hell
02-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Just a bit of random humour...

I'd like to join Team Daidalos.

-What about you?

-I'll have just a Sprite.

He really started to model an F-16 for Il-2?!

Philip, can you give me links for these threads by PM, I can't believe in what I'm missing :mrgreen:

MikkOwl
02-19-2010, 12:22 PM
A sprite? :P Soda and 2d textures (instead of 3d objects) is what comes to mind. I don't think they are being used much more these days with the advent of particle effects.

Feathered_IV
02-19-2010, 12:37 PM
From what I've seem of the Owl's past conduct, you'd have to be mad to put him in a position of trust.

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 12:51 PM
From what I've seem of the Owl's past conduct, you'd have to be mad to put him in a position of trust.

Agreed. No matter how good his work can get, his attitude lets him down. I know that he reads this and it will do him good, but putting him in any position of trust is risky business.

The_Stealth_Owl
02-19-2010, 12:55 PM
S! Guys. I understand how you feel, but I would be really willing to do some mods, or skins, or missions for TD. I would be so happy if you let me join. :grin:

Fun fact, the tank in my sig tops out at 90 km/h. :)

Cloyd
02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
P.P.S. Anyone remember Killjoy at Il-2 Centre? That didn't end well did it? Maybe this story will be different?

Thanks, Avimimus. I've been trying to remember Killjoy's name ever since Owl showed up on the scene. Hey..., maybe Owl _IS_ Killjoy??

Cloyd

AndyJWest
02-19-2010, 02:21 PM

I don't think he was offering to revise FMs or compile the patch.

maybe Owl _IS_ Killjoy??

I assume this wasn't meant seriously, but unfortunately there seem to be one or two people who actually think 'Owl' is an alias for a much older person. They seem happy to make the allegation, but when asked to PM proof, to me or to a moderator, they invariably go silent. All I can say is that he certainly sounds like a 14-year-old on TeamSpeak. Can we not keep repeating this bit of nonsense?

Owl, I'd stick to skinning for now. TD will have seen your offer, and will know where to contact you if they want you to help.

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 02:40 PM
But why would the contact him? No offense to Owl, he is not a bad skinner, but there are others who are in another league to him who'd be more adequate for TD. Conversely, he has improved a lot so, give it a year, who knows? ;)

Avimimus
02-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks, Avimimus. I've been trying to remember Killjoy's name ever since Owl showed up on the scene. Hey..., maybe Owl _IS_ Killjoy??

Cloyd

No, the writing style is different. I wouldn't be surprised if they're from different parts of the world. Killjoy would be older as well by now.

choctaw111
02-19-2010, 05:55 PM
S! Guys. I understand how you feel, but I would be really willing to do some mods, or skins, or missions for TD. I would be so happy if you let me join. :grin:

Fun fact, the tank in my sig tops out at 90 km/h. :)

Owl, you have a big head already, almost like you feel everyone owes you something, and nothing that any of us have said to you seems to have changed that too much.
You are quick to anger and quick to upset other people, hence getting banned on so many forums.
You are eager, which is good, but you go about it in the wrong way.
If your "resume" were accepted by TD, I can only imagine how much more you will talk down to all of us.
You are 13, with no real accolades yet to speak of (which is fine, you're only 13), and look at the way to communicate on the boards.
Imagine how much more you would NEVER let us forget it even if you officially skinned only one bomb.
Keep working on your skills, as you do show potential, and remember that someday some software development company may want you to help out with a project.

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Exactly Owl. You are still young and, hopefully, you'll have many years to improve. Just take things slow....;)

Lucas_From_Hell
02-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Just take things slow....

Now, just to proof nowadays kids aren't up to the previous generations, a song for Owl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIjZE4kcg_Q

The good ol' days... If he knows the song from somewhere other than some "Guitar Hero" title, I think he has a chance :mrgreen:

|ZUTI|
02-19-2010, 07:53 PM
TO add to what you just said Mikki, Owl needs to think about everything he posts. If he wants to join TD or something similar, then instead of doing it through the open forums send a formal PM or something similar. I think he must know how to do this by now, which is why ( I think ) it is right to point out that (unfortunately) a leopard never changes its spots unless seriously affected by drugs ;) :mrgreen:

I have to agree, a leopard never changes its spots. He may hide them for a while but they soon emerge again, specially when the drugs wear off. Haha. Don't we know a few crackheads :>

The_Stealth_Owl
02-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi guys!! S! The thing is, I really never really asked you members what you think. I was mainly asking TD because that would make me real happy if I could put my self to use. And FYI guys, I am 14. You keep trying to target me. And say that I am a bad kid. I am real friendly, but if I get intimidated or teased, like last night when everyone on the HL was calling me retarded, and saying I steal other work, that makes me real sad and mad. I'd much rather spend the day working on some Whirlwinds or effects or skins for you guys, then sit here all day here on M4T waiting for replies in the skinning thread. :)

And you think I am still improving. If you don't think that then you think I am worthless. Not true. I know myself, I have a heck of a lot to offer. I am ready for anything they (TD) want me to make or do.

I am mainly asking TD, if I could please join you guys, maybe even start small, and wear the TD badge and skin for you guys, that would be awesome.

S!

Hope you all are having a nice day.

Owl

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 08:27 PM
The thing is Owl that there are probably better qualified people to such a job.

Also, your track record is not good (unfortunately). I say just aim to improve and get better and better; prove us all wrong! :D

Another piece of advise; don't listen to Eminem, especially if you are feeling sad. I'm the real slim shady, and the music will mess with your head :D

genbrien
02-19-2010, 09:11 PM
The thing is, I really never really asked you members what you think.

whats the point to post on the forum to ask for recrutement....
PM them :mad:

The_Stealth_Owl
02-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Take a chill pill and tell me who to PM then. :)

Igo kyu
02-19-2010, 09:40 PM
tell me who to PM then.
Think of it as an initiative test. Can you find out who to PM? No guarantee that success will get you anything (I'm not connected to them, so I don't know what they think), but finding out yourself might be worth half a brownie point.

The_Stealth_Owl
02-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Edit:

No comment. :)

Modding_Monkey
02-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Edit:

No comment. :)

Maybe he is changing? He actually changed his post from bad to good!
The tides have changed!

Lonely Ringer
02-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Brash youth needs only discipline to bring out the best in them. Given time and allowed to age before preassured to perform , Owl is liable to be the start of the next generation of " geeks" like the previous generation of "geeks" that gives us these MARVELIOUS games to flitter our lives away with. Please do not discourage him ... but you all have the stage to provide guideance for his enthuisiam and eagerness to assist and his willingness to learn. Please do not put out this smoldering coal least we loose his passion to bitternes and contempt ,,,, and that goes for all you enthuisastic persons out there. Step up and step out !!!!!

nearmiss
02-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Brash youth needs only discipline to bring out the best in them. Given time and allowed to age before preassured to perform , Owl is liable to be the start of the next generation of " geeks" like the previous generation of "geeks" that gives us these MARVELIOUS games to flitter our lives away with. Please do not discourage him ... but you all have the stage to provide guideance for his enthuisiam and eagerness to assist and his willingness to learn. Please do not put out this smoldering coal least we loose his passion to bitternes and contempt ,,,, and that goes for all you enthuisastic persons out there. Step up and step out !!!!!

What a bunch of long-winded lofty sounding Bull... LOL

TheGrunch
02-20-2010, 02:10 AM
I haven't read the thread at all, but...LOL. :rolleyes:

Lucas_From_Hell
02-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Another piece of advise; don't listen to Eminem, especially if you are feeling sad. I'm the real slim shady, and the music will mess with your head :D

LOL :-P

Owl, you don't need to stay watching your skinning thread at M4T. Instead, go and do something creative and good enough to prove us all wrong.

You DO NOT need to wear some fancy badge on your signature to make decent skins and make people use them, just face it.

So far, your work is far from being professional, and way under the standards we've seen on recent patches. Is it bad? No. But completely under what you expect to see in an official update.

When you make good and interesting skins, people will download them, be sure. The thing is, some silly custom skin, modern USAF camouflage in a Як, or any of this random stuff isn't appealing to everyone. You can't expect to join the crème de la crème doing some random work and pissing everyone off.

Now, about the music stuff, when you feel a bit blue, listen to the BLUES. Good ol' 4x4 12-bar - never gets old :grin:

Rjel
02-20-2010, 10:47 AM

If you've read the threads from and about the original poster at Ubi, AAA, SAS, ect. ect. ect. you don't need to read this one to know what's in it. Some 'ole same 'ole.

Feuerfalke
02-20-2010, 10:51 AM

+1 ;)

But the skins on M4T give some interesting insights.

@Owl:
Maybe it would be a good start to not use a template somebody else made to promote your own skinning and template generation skills?

The_Stealth_Owl
02-20-2010, 01:22 PM
+1 ;)

But the skins on M4T give some interesting insights.

@Owl:
Maybe it would be a good start to not use a template somebody else made to promote your own skinning and template generation skills?

I do. I make my own templates lately.

WIP from t he void.

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/Dessert.jpg

The_Stealth_Owl
02-20-2010, 01:27 PM
LOL :-P

So far, your work is far from being professional, and way under the standards we've seen on recent patches. Is it bad? No. But completely under what you expect to see in an official update.

False. You don't even have a clue what kind of work I got stored in my install. :)

Lucas_From_Hell
02-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Owl, ever heard of "modesty" and related?

By your attitude regarding pretty much everything, I don't think so.

If you do have work that tops out the excellent skinners we saw in 4.09m, such as Jester's Ink, Farrel, Goodwood, vpmedia, Thor, Canon and others, then why do you keep moaning about having few views on your skinning threads?

My guess? It's just bullsh...

As said, prove us all wrong and then we might start to actually take you seriously. Otherwise, for pretty much everyone, you'll still be the silly child you are ATM. And don't come with "oh noes, I'm 14, not a kid anymore!" because, well, who cares? If you act like a child, you'll be treated as such.

Take care, but just think twice before clicking "Submit Reply" ;)

Mr.WhamO
02-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I wonder what TD is thinking when reading this...

philip.ed
02-20-2010, 02:55 PM
False. You don't even have a clue what kind of work I got stored in my install. :)

False. We're going by what we've seen. I've got a whole new sim I've made on my HD, and I've got SoW :rolleyes:
Can't you understand that no-one will hire you unless you show all your best work? (and even then your attitude let's you down. You are positive to succeed, yes that's good, but you don't take critque too well)

BH_woodstock
02-20-2010, 03:00 PM
~S~ all.
many of you might know me in lobby i have been around awhile.I have met -OWL- on occasion in HH teamspeak.mainly to calm him down and to see where he is coming from.He seems to be a bright kid who just might have a future in this providing he has proper guidance.And yes he does seem to make a awful lot of trouble in hyperlobby but nobody knows the real details in this kids life.We can only assume that everything is all fine and dandy at the home and is just a trouble maker out to give us ol' timers grief.
My advise to you OWL is like i have told you on Teamspeak.Use what knowledge you have for good purposes and do the best you can to make it useful and keep it "REAL" and to show respect to others in lobby because many of us have been around for a long time.this is a real tight community. if you show respect you will get it in return.
also this OWL. the language needs to be cleaned up for you .If you stop using such language maybe people will lighten up on you.RESPECT.

Novotny
02-20-2010, 07:04 PM
And for what it's worth, I'll give you some advice:

These forums are frequented (for the most part) by adults. You've got to conduct yourself as an adult to be treated as an equal here. It's a bit like being in a pub/bar that will tolerate minors. As long as you stick to the rules, you'll be tolerated.

If you want to gain respect, then look at how the big players conduct themselves and emulate this. Be cool. Be polite. Be open to other's opinions. Etc.

Above all, learn.

You must be a bright kid. Remember, this is an hobby with a lot of very intelligent, very successful adults about. This isn't Halo, as I'm sure you're well aware.

So remember the golden rule: Respect Your Elders!

If you can show intelligent enthusiasm, respect for those who have trod the path before and manners - manners, above all: you might go far.

Good luck with being smart!

Lonely Ringer
02-20-2010, 07:36 PM
nearmiss .... stickit LOL

The_Stealth_Owl
02-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I think I could be a big help to TD by skinning tanks. :)

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/TankSc2.jpg

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/TankSc1.jpg

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/TankSc3.jpg

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/TankSc4.jpg

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/TankSc5.jpg

I even modded the M1A1 hack to drive like a real M1A1. :)

The_Stealth_Owl
02-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Winter Camouflage:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/TankSc6.jpg

Race-Tank:

Actually blue but special color that turns violet in sunlight.

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/TankSc7.jpg

Concrete Jungle Camouflage:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/TankSc8.jpg

Rjel
02-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Yup with those examples, I can see it now. TD really must bring you on board. The purple "racing" tank is needed in the next update.

The_Stealth_Owl
02-21-2010, 12:41 AM
But it does go 95 km/h. I updated the Drive-Model. :)

Night Camouflage:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/TankSc9.jpg

Multi-Camouflage:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/TankSc10.jpg

IceFire
02-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Owl: How about finding some references on M1 Sherman tanks and doing some schemes based on some specific tanks. Then we'll be able to see your attention to historical detail that Team Daidalos values. Recolouring a tank is sort of cool... but I can do that in Photoshop fairly easily and I don't consider myself a skinner. If you can put together a few details based on some photos and do all of the research and then put that skin together... that'd be a real value no doubt.

Good luck!

genbrien
02-21-2010, 04:26 AM
but I can do that in Photoshop fairly easily and I don't consider myself a skinner.

he'll say that he's better than you anyway.....:rolleyes:

Lucas_From_Hell
02-21-2010, 06:50 AM
So, that's it...?

A bunch of tanks with random camouflages, a jungle camouflage that only works in the winter and a modern tank hack?

"I told you so" applies quite well, I guess...

kristorf
02-21-2010, 09:34 AM
I have read through this thread and was not originally going to comment, however now it has degenerated into 'latest W.I.P by me' postings (same as all the others) I feel I have to.

Owl. take a back seat, take time in your education (school and life) and practice.

Purple tanks, and other fictitious works, won't go down well in the general community as they are not what people want. (If you were to look up urban camo for the British Chieftain in Berlin circa 1970/80's for example you might end up with a half decent scheme).
Keep practicing on the A/C, do as advised in other forums, research, make, research more, re-make etc until you have something people will come back and say 'WOW' to.

Don't constantly show a moved pixel as an update, keep it to yourself. If you want advice post a screen of just the one project and listen to comments.

I appreciate you are young and impetuous, but age will teach you that if you are good enough the mountain will come to Mohammed.

Ladies and gents, give him a chance, one day we might all be suprised.

philip.ed
02-21-2010, 02:43 PM
I hope we'll all be suprised mate. Although ironically there was nothing surpising in seeing owl's purple tank...a few years ago if someone had shown this we'd have been open mouthed :D

Owl, aim to improve that's all I can say. Being in TD won't automatically make you a better skinner.

The_Stealth_Owl
02-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Not as much room to improve as you think I have. :)

kristorf
02-21-2010, 09:32 PM

Hate to say it mate but then you have set yourself a lower bar than I thought, there is ALWAYS room to improve, unless you are so full of yourself.

Then, my young friend, you are beyond any reasonable help or reasoning.

I feel your last comment will come back and bite you big time.

Modding_Monkey
02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Hate to say it mate but then you have set yourself a lower bar than I thought, there is ALWAYS room to improve, unless you are so full of yourself.

Then, my young friend, you are beyond any reasonable help or reasoning.

I feel your last comment will come back and bite you big time.

This could be that bite.

Like has been repeated on this topic many time about you, You are to full of your self. No body like people who are full of them selves. Your Narcissistic (you might want to look that word up) attitude is why we treat you the way we do.

On the other hand, I think we should cut this kid a deal.
He doesn't post here until he looses his attitude at becomes mature. Like the rest (most) of us here.

nearmiss
02-21-2010, 11:43 PM
This could be that bite.

Like has been repeated on this topic many time about you, You are to full of your self. No body like people who are full of them selves. Your Narcissistic (you might want to look that word up) attitude is why we treat you the way we do.

On the other hand, I think we should cut this kid a deal.
He doesn't post here until he looses his attitude at becomes mature. Like the rest (most) of us here.

I think everyone should cut the owl some slack.

Do you have any idea how many 40+ year old people lurk on these boards and never or rarely make a posting?

The kid has guts and will definitely learn, if he sticks around.

The_Stealth_Owl
02-21-2010, 11:50 PM
I think everyone should cut the owl some slack.

Do you have any idea how many 40+ year old people lurk on these boards and never or rarely make a posting?

The kid has guts and will definitely learn, if he sticks around.

^ My sentiments.

This thread and conversation is not even needed. I have PMed TD yesterday, and they haven't said no yet, because they haven't been online since I PMed them.

And I am sure someone else is now going to say:

"Then why start the thread?" That is not needed either. Thank you though. :)

AndyJWest
02-22-2010, 12:22 AM
I have PMed TD yesterday, and they haven't said no yet...

Nice one Owl! Ever the optimist...

Seriously Owl, I think it's unlikely they need your help that much, and like other's have suggested, concentrating on improving your skills will be the best way to get involved later. It's not just about being an artist though, skinning needs historical research too. You will probably need help with this, but you have produced at least one good historical skin (the P-47 you did on M4T), so you've shown you could do it. How about asking for suggestions for historical skins that are needed? I'm sure there are a few that haven't been done that have enough information available, especially if we pick each other's brains for help.

daidalos.team
02-22-2010, 09:09 AM
It's interesting to see such a long thread while it could have been all resolved via PM or email much more efficiently.

Stealth Owl, thank you for your offer, but we are not looking for new core members right now. As it has been suggested, please try to refine your skills if you are seriously considering doing some quality work for IL-2 or SoW in the future.

Oktoberfest
02-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Hello Owl,

here's a thing I'd like you to do for me, and because I would like to see what you can produce.

I fly mostly (exclusively?) the 110G2. I had a skin that was done for me by some skinner whose name I can't remember (unfortunately) and that I lost when my PC's hard drive failed.

I need a new dedicated 110 skin. The scope of work is as follows :
-complete skins with markings included. I fly for the I/ZG76, markings is M8 + OK, with the O being red.
- Skin without markings so I can use the in -game ones.
- on both skins, on the tail, 43 victories (one side of the aircarft only), 43 being the best I managed to reach without dying in the Warclouds server.
- Finally, on the nose, and in a place where the Squadron insignia won't cover, the picture below with the word "Oktoberfest" written in a german-style gothic font in the black area under the girl, of course following the curve.

For the rest, I give you free hands, but it has to look historical.

Can you do that for me ?

Thanks and I'm eager to see it. If it's good, I'll keep it while flying online.

S.

Oktoberfest

philip.ed
02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Owl, I once had a cat like you. It tried to bark and think it was a dog, and n-matter how many times I told it that it was a cat it would not listen. I am seeing parallels now and experiencing deja-vu. Scary huh? Maybe you need to change your name to dog-cat or something :rolleyes:

Honestly, people have given you advise and you just sit there and say how good you are.

Modding_Monkey
02-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Owl, I once had a cat like you. It tried to bark and think it was a dog, and n-matter how many times I told it that it was a cat it would not listen. I am seeing parallels now and experiencing deja-vu. Scary huh? Maybe you need to change your name to dog-cat or something :rolleyes:

Honestly, people have given you advise and you just sit there and say how good you are.

Hit the nail on the head. ;)

AndyJWest
02-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Hey guys, lets give him the benifit of the doubt, and at least see what he can do with Oktoberfest's request.

(BTW philip.ed, nicely done edit, your original version was crying out for a response ;) )

Lucas_From_Hell
02-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Not his edit, but nearmiss'.

Still, I think you could let it there for just a bit longer so Owl would get what we're talking about the hard way.

We tried over and over to explain him in detail what's wrong, yet to see the same thing philip pointed out: he just sat there saying how "good" he was - usually with grotesque grammar & spelling errors not even I would make.

It was like talking to a freakin' wall!

The_Stealth_Owl
02-22-2010, 10:56 PM
S! Guys!! Hi!

Here you are Oktoberfest, if there is anything you want changed now is the time. Template is a hybrid. From Jester, Bersk, Cat Slayer, Cpt. Farrel, and Owl. :)

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/Oktoberfest.jpg

Give me your email and I will send the skins as attachments. :)

S!

BK_JG27_Treiber
02-23-2010, 04:01 AM
I intend my first post here to be memorable, and without further ado, I shall begin. Owl, nice work, and while you may never be part of TD, you could be an important guy around here nonetheless. :) You should know my email from Owlcraft, so send that sweet 110 skin my way.

AndyWest, I respectfully beg to differ with you about phillip, his reaction out in the open is just screaming for a flame war. If he had concerns, as a moderator he should have had the sense to express them in PMs with the mods here. As Owl's friend and a admin on his modding forum, I've seen him do some nice things. He can do them, and again, screaming about how he can't do anything in the open is yelling for a flame war. If your posting here is anything like what AAA is like, I'm glad I'm not a member there.

From what I've seem of the Owl's past conduct, you'd have to be mad to put him in a position of trust.And yet he's put me in one, as admin of his modding forum.

Lucas, maybe if you stopped trying to shove what's wrong in his face, you could get somewhere with helping him improve. And he's 14, not 13. Chocktaw, maybe everyone else are the ones acting up. Again, he's 14, not 13. He's got a lot of talent and he knows it. Nearmiss, bravo.

I was once on a forum, and there I was not unlike Owl, though more mature. I remember starting a 6 page flame war with my first topic suggesting a strategy that I later learned would not find any use. Sure, I made my feelings felt, but the main cause of trouble was that the majority of the forum was run by a bunch of @$$holes who were even worse than AAA. I got threatened with banning several times, got into numerous flame wars, got banned from a campaign because of an unintentional rule breaking at the suggestion of one of the @$$holes running the campaign, got at least 2 series of YouTube videos making fun of me, and my profile page spammed. I was 16 when it all started, and my career there ended early last year. I've matured a lot since then, but I'm not convinced that would make any difference there. So everyone, would you please put up with Owl, because he may very well be able to do the things he says he can.

Rjel
02-23-2010, 04:16 AM
I intend my first post here to be memorable, and without further ado, I shall begin.

Presumptuous too.

So everyone, would you please put up with Owl, because he may very well be able to do the things he says he can.

Then perhaps he should just do it without all the drama everywhere he goes. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.

BK_JG27_Treiber
02-23-2010, 04:42 AM
Presumptuous too.If separated from the the context of the post, then yes. Otherwise, not so.

Then perhaps he should just do it without all the drama everywhere he goes. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.The problem is, the great majority of the "drama" is stirred up by others. Owl is not always mature, I will admit, but he doesn't start the majority of trouble. It starts when he makes something and someone else feels the urge to misbehave.

AndyJWest
02-23-2010, 04:55 AM
Can we just leave it here, guys? Owl has come up with a nice skin. Not all his own work, but he says so. He asks the guy it's for if it can be improved - he's open to criticism. He is probably pleased with himself for coming out with it so quickly, but why not? He's 14.

I think Owl is an asset now, though he is also a pain at times (I'm not going to show you the e-mails, but Owl, if you don't like it, don't go there), he also has lots of potential, unlike the burnt-out wrecks the rest of us are. I'd rather put up with his unjustified smugness than the complete indifference to anything that wasn't shown on TV in the last half hour that many of his generation seem to exhibit. Anyway, he gives us something to argue about until SoW:Bob finally appears....

Rjel
02-23-2010, 05:00 AM
The problem is, the great majority of the "drama" is stirred up by others. Owl is not always mature, I will admit, but he doesn't start the majority of trouble. It starts when he makes something and someone else feels the urge to misbehave.

I've been around the IL2 community since the first demo was leaked, like a lot of people. Some of those same people have posted in this thread. I will say this about most of those people whose comments I've read on various forums, flew with online and have gotten to know personally and that is that the majority will cut most everyone some slack in their opinions, forgive past mistakes and pretty much go out of their way to help others learn this game.

It's good Owl and yourself have your own forum. With his budding self professed skills as a skinner and mod maker and you being a "Top grade Moderator for hire" you shouldn't have any issue carving your own niche in the IL2 world or be bothered by other forums opinions of yourselves.

BK_JG27_Treiber
02-23-2010, 05:11 AM
Can we just leave it here, guys? Owl has come up with a nice skin. Not all his own work, but he says so. He asks the guy it's for if it can be improved - he's open to criticism. He is probably pleased with himself for coming out with it so quickly, but why not? He's 14.

I think Owl is an asset now, though he is also a pain at times (I'm not going to show you the e-mails, but Owl, if you don't like it, don't go there), he also has lots of potential, unlike the burnt-out wrecks the rest of us are. I'd rather put up with his unjustified smugness than the complete indifference to anything that wasn't shown on TV in the last half hour that many of his generation seem to exhibit. Anyway, he gives us something to argue about until SoW:Bob finally appears....AndyJWest pretty much sums it up for me, except for the part about arguing until BoB:SOW. I'd rather not have that.

I've been around the IL2 community since the first demo was leaked, like a lot of people. Some of those same people have posted in this thread. I will say this about most of those people whose comments I've read on various forums, flew with online and have gotten to know personally and that is that the majority will cut most everyone some slack in their opinions, forgive past mistakes and pretty much go out of their way to help others learn this game.

It's good Owl and yourself have your own forum. With his budding self professed skills as a skinner and mod maker and you being a "Top grade Moderator for hire" you shouldn't have any issue carving your own niche in the IL2 world or be bothered by other forums opinions of yourselves.Yes, the majority are quite nice. But there's an annoying minority that won't go away and who have made their presence felt here. You know who you are. As for my signature, I chose it because I'm a moderator at heart, and would moderate for a place if asked. All the glory and none of the responsibility is not the way I like it.

AndyJWest
02-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Top grade Moderator for hire.
I'd rather have moderators selected from those who didn't actually want to do the job, but agreed because they were asked too. It is a thankless task, and not one with thin skins...

Back on topic. Owl has come up with the goods, or at least he hasn't had his work rejected out of hand - lets all keep him out of trouble by finding him another skin to do. Any requests?

BK_JG27_Treiber
02-23-2010, 05:37 AM
I'd rather have moderators selected from those who didn't actually want to do the job, but agreed because they were asked too. It is a thankless task, and not one with thin skins...

Back on topic. Owl has come up with the goods, or at least he hasn't had his work rejected out of hand - lets all keep him out of trouble by finding him another skin to do. Any requests?I adjusted my signature to better include my views of moderating. As far as I'm concerned, it's not a thankless task. Indeed, it's an enjoyable experience for me. Having such responsibility for the well being of a community is what I like. Requests for Owl... How about a Ferrari A-20G?

Lucas_From_Hell
02-23-2010, 07:38 AM
Lucas, maybe if you stopped trying to shove what's wrong in his face, you could get somewhere with helping him improve. And he's 14, not 13.

Driver, will you stop defending him blindly without even thinking? It bugs the hell out of me. You always jump onto anyone not supporting him, and usually with personnal offences.

I've tried to help him countless times with his skins, with constructive criticism, not just bashing as you say everyone does.

Of course I will point out more things in his skin than I usually point out (when I do) with experienced skinners' work. That's only because his skins need more improvement than theirs.

Sometimes I get a bit irritated with him, true. But that's only after a childish comment by him. And even them, I don't just jump without a reason.

Driver, you're a good li... lawyer, sometimes. Defending the costumer to the last moment, that's nice ;)

Just some stuff extracted from my posts at Owl's threads, to show you're just overreacting and defending him blindly:

Well Owl, look and learn. This rivets and lines thing can destroy a great skin. It's not a rule that they HAVE to be toned down, or HAVE to be fully visible. The rule is: it MUST look natural. But the question is: how to make them look natural? Well, as I'm also a bad skinner I wasn't supposed to know this one, but, funny thing, I do know the answer: EXPERIENCE.Mate, I would first try to reduce the size of the red stars on the top.

Plus, that white edge at them doesn't look very nice. Check at Simmers Paint Shop for some files with markings ready for use.

Quite nice, although a bit too 'grainy' (can't find a better word for it), and panel lines are too strong for my taste.

Finally, the thing that bothers me the most: lack of any sort of signs of wear, in a somewhat dull skin.

Constructive, not just saying it's nice independent of what he does :rolleyes:

This thread is a quick example of "a bit stressed" with him, plus RL stuff:

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=7308

Sounds agressive? Hell yeah. But it isn't even close to what you say, and there is advice in there.

So please, let's stop joining "coalitions" when it comes to defending or bashing anyone. Fighting should happen on the frontlines, not on the forums.

About his new skin, I can't really judge because it only has one angle and not a very good one for judging. Looking good, but I would need to see more to say anything. Owl, would you bother to show us some profile angles and the belly of it?

(On the age bit, it doesn't matter. He acts like 10 sometimes, so being 13, 14 or 35 means nothing ;))

kristorf
02-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Question/request answered.

Might be worth locking this now admins before we go to the normal 'war'.

Oktoberfest
02-23-2010, 03:31 PM
S! Guys!! Hi!

Here you are Oktoberfest, if there is anything you want changed now is the time. Template is a hybrid. From Jester, Bersk, Cat Slayer, Cpt. Farrel, and Owl. :)

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/SILVERFISH1992/Oktoberfest.jpg

Give me your email and I will send the skins as attachments. :)

S!

Hello Owl,

not bad at all but here, from what I can see, would be the improvements I would like you to do :

-Nose Art : If I fly with markings on, the Ensignia of the squadron will cover it. Can you put the girl more forward on the nose, and of course, just on one side, the left one ? Can you also make it a bit bigger ?

- Tail section : the victories are taking to much space on it. Remember that there's a swastika to add on the marked skin and that there's also the "default" swastika appearing on the tail section when you turn the markings on. This has to be fixed. They have just to be smaller, and on the rudder only :)

- Markings : the crosses are good but the letters are a bit too "new", "shiny", if you know what I mean. Can you make them slightly more weathered ?

Otherwise I like it. If you can make derivates of it for me then I'll be happy. Indeed, this camouflage looks like early war camo. Can you make me also a middle war and a late war skin ?

Of course all with and without markings.

Thank you very much.

philip.ed
02-23-2010, 04:15 PM
AndyWest, I respectfully beg to differ with you about phillip, his reaction out in the open is just screaming for a flame war. If he had concerns, as a moderator he should have had the sense to express them in PMs with the mods here. As Owl's friend and a admin on his modding forum, I've seen him do some nice things. He can do them, and again, screaming about how he can't do anything in the open is yelling for a flame war. If your posting here is anything like what AAA is like, I'm glad I'm not a member there.

And yet he's put me in one, as admin of his modding forum.

Number one, that's owls forum...obviously if that's his site he'll be admin, so that point holds no water.
Second, PM's are wasted on Owl; he posted this topic out in the open for all of us to read and reply, and that we did. Owl has ignored all advise, and only posted back with some skins of his. If TD are after skinners, no offence but they'll choose the best of the bunch. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind, and I think here I am being kind to the community here. Again, no offence meant, but I am entitled to an opinion. (although people should have a say in what they d/l, I will say that much ;) )
My posting is different at AAA because I am a moderator. I have read my posts back and apart from the one near-miss edited (thanks for that) I don't see much wrong with them. My comments may not be nice for Owl, but I can be assured that many people agree with me. Again, I am sorry if I have upset you, but please: Owl is old-enough to reply for himself to our posts, so I will wait his reply in anticipation.

philip.ed
02-23-2010, 04:25 PM

Back on topic. Owl has come up with the goods, or at least he hasn't had his work rejected out of hand - lets all keep him out of trouble by finding him another skin to do. Any requests?

Exactly. AAA don't just choose random people; if you can't do the job you get chopped; simple. I wouldn't be a moderator there if I did a bad job, believe me when I say this. However, if you have an issue with me, then go ahead and take it up with Monguse or DM (etc) They read this boards and I have no messages from them to say you're chopped. I don't enjoy being a moderator all the time, as AJ stated it is thankless, but unlike you I have a lot more posts to deal with during the day. Owl's forum may get a post a week, if that.

BK_JG27_Treiber
02-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Question/request answered.

Might be worth locking this now admins before we go to the normal 'war'.I agree. This thread should have been locked almost from the start. I'll say a few more things here before that happens.
From Lucas's link:
Hold on a minute...

So all the time you were saying that you were an ace and all that BS and you only started playing online THREE DAYS AGO?!

Mate, you're no ace, that's for sure.For your own good, start playing some real simulation instead of just a game.Doesn't sound very constructive to me, and mixing it with constructive criticism elsewhere will not sound very constructive to anyone else. Oktoberfest's post is a much better example of constructive criticism.
Posted by phillip:
I don't enjoy being a moderator all the time, as AJ stated it is thankless, but unlike you I have a lot more posts to deal with during the day. Owl's forum may get a post a week, if that.I've had my share of posts to deal with too, so don't get too cocky.

philip.ed
02-23-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm not getting cocky, just stating fact. AAA has some 40,000 members, so read that in whatever way you wish. Obviously they don't all post but let's be reasonable, my statement is justified.

|ZUTI|
02-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Owl, like some had said, keep on keeping on. Don't let some disturb you. You can't learn if you don't try. Just keep your focus. You'll get there. If you'll make good job at it, you'll get noticed. And don't worry if some reject you or bash you. Happened to all of us at some point ;)

nearmiss
02-23-2010, 05:55 PM
This is a forums designed to support and maintain a community for 1C Company users.

Moderators are not into competing or on a power trip around here. We want out members to share and be tolerant of each other.

There are rules and prohibited content. Some things we deal with post-haste, but for the most part we want our members not to think they have to constantly be worried about getting banned by a moderator.

Owl is a 13 year old. Most of us are adults. I don't think 99% of us would go on so, if we were face to face with an inquisitive 13 year old kid.

If you have a complaint about a user or thread it is an annoyance when you make an issue in the questionable thread.

Moderators aren't constantly reading every line written, therefore a thread can go on quite awhile before we pick up on troubling issues.

All you have to do is click on the little red triangle with the exclamation point in the upper right corner to report a thread. Moderators will get an email quickly thereafter.

Moderators aren't your adversary on 1C, even though some borderline troublemakers want to think of us that way.

Modding_Monkey
02-23-2010, 06:27 PM
Nearmiss. Before you get jumped one. He is 14 remember.

Pillip.ed. I need to send you a PM about on of your posts there as I completely disagree. But this is done by PM.

Owl. Skin is looking good. I agree with Oktoberfest about the small fixes you need to make.

philip.ed
02-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Yes, I have no issue with Owl; just the way he goes about doing things. I have tried to teach him, but to no avail. So sorry Owl if I've upset you, but it is quite sad for someone when they try to help you and their advise is ignored, or just falls on deaf ears. :confused:

Lucas_From_Hell
02-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Doesn't sound very constructive to me, and mixing it with constructive criticism elsewhere will not sound very constructive to anyone else.

Oh, very nice. Get the only part of the only post I stated I was irritated by countless factors, and only get the "pissed-off" part of it.

Distortion of facts isn't a really nice thing to do, really.

So, the rest of the post:

Skies of Valour and Skies of Fire are for newcomers, or veterans that want to have some fun once in a while.

Do yourself a favour and start praticing on Spit_vs_109 and other servers with all realism settings turned on.

If you stay stuck on the "Skies_of_Something" bubble, you will improve little. First of all, you will have almost no navigation skills, as you have a plane icon on the map that will show you the way when you're lost. Secon of all, no situational awareness, as you can padlock on your enemies and have externals to check your six when you want to. Other thing: you will have poor identification abilities: what's the point of identifying a Bf-109 that's way too far, when you have an icon telling you that it's a foe or friendly.

Agressive? Yes, I admit it. But in that case it wasn't anything personal, but things non-related.

So as I said, stop defending him blindly just because he's your "friend" or something like that. It's not normal to be known in many forums for your rather childish behaviour or have videos about you on YouTube, that's for sure. Just because it happened to you it doesn't mean you need to fully back everyone that suffers from the same.

All in all, this sort of thread could and should be avoided...

The_Stealth_Owl
02-23-2010, 08:15 PM
All in all, this sort of thread could and should be avoided...

If it could be avoided, why don't you test it out. :)

So all you guys have come up with whilst I was at school, is to find some way to downgrade me, and say you didn't in your next post, when one of my allies says something, and you try to get to them. Its stupid. Mods please lock this thread.

Thank you Andrew and Driver for ignoring these fools who are instigating. And I will work on your skin some more, Oktoberfest, and update it to you in PM's :) , but it is quite hard to make stuff smaller and still get detail, thanks to the bad mapping of the Bf.110. :rolleyes:

philip.ed
02-23-2010, 08:27 PM
If it could be avoided, why don't you test it out. :)

So all you guys have come up with whilst I was at school, is to find some way to downgrade me, and say you didn't in your next post, when one of my allies says something, and you try to get to them. Its stupid. Mods please lock this thread.

Thank you Andrew and Driver for ignoring these fools who are instigating. And I will work on your skin some more, Oktoberfest, and update it to you in PM's :) , but it is quite hard to make stuff smaller and still get detail, thanks to the bad mapping of the Bf.110. :rolleyes:

Understandable, maybe, but if I am downgrading you it would not be the case if you took my comments on board. One of the reasons I joined your forum was to give you advise, but clearly you don't want it. There aren't enough posts on your forum for me to wish to reply, but that was why fly)zo joined your forum, to help you in whatever way he could. Basically Owl you have potential and that is what we have tried to tell you. This could have been a 3 page topic if you didn't reply by posting your skins and saying: this is what I can do, and then following up by saying, but my other work is better. That was not the sole purpose of this thread, we were just trying to tell you that posting you wants openly on the forum is not the best way to move about the community ;) If you had asked then to lock this so you could PM TD, this could all have been avoided.

Is this understandable Owl? Or have I written a load of gobbeldy-goop?

BK_JG27_Treiber
02-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Understandable, maybe, but if I am downgrading you it would not be the case if you took my comments on board. One of the reasons I joined your forum was to give you advise, but clearly you don't want it. There aren't enough posts on your forum for me to wish to reply, but that was why fly)zo joined your forum, to help you in whatever way he could. Basically Owl you have potential and that is what we have tried to tell you. This could have been a 3 page topic if you didn't reply by posting your skins and saying: this is what I can do, and then following up by saying, but my other work is better. That was not the sole purpose of this thread, we were just trying to tell you that posting you wants openly on the forum is not the best way to move about the community ;) If you had asked then to lock this so you could PM TD, this could all have been avoided.

Is this understandable Owl? Or have I written a load of gobbeldy-goop?You've done nothing but write gobbledegoop. He didn't post his wants exactly, the context was more like an announcement. And as for his posting pics of skins, weren't you the one who said he couldn't do anything he said he could?

One of the reasons I joined your forum was to give you advise, but clearly you don't want it. There aren't enough posts on your forum for me to wish to reply, but that was why fly)zo joined your forum, to help you in whatever way he could.Actually, you figured there was enough to make 7 posts. And none of them involve advice (I can't speak for any PMs you've sent).

Posted by Lucas
Oh, very nice. Get the only part of the only post I stated I was irritated by countless factors, and only get the "pissed-off" part of it.

Distortion of facts isn't a really nice thing to do, really.

So, the rest of the post:Distortion of facts? I stated:Doesn't sound very constructive to me, and mixing it with constructive criticism elsewhere will not sound very constructive to anyone else. Oktoberfest's post is a much better example of constructive criticism.The fact remains, mixing constructive and destructive criticism like you did is hardly constructive and could bring ugly accusations.

Oktoberfest
02-24-2010, 08:23 AM
. And I will work on your skin some more, Oktoberfest, and update it to you in PM's :) , but it is quite hard to make stuff smaller and still get detail, thanks to the bad mapping of the Bf.110. :rolleyes:

I know it's a hard bird to skin. That's the problem with the nose art especially. On this bird the girl does look like a buch of pixels at the end. Try to make her as big as possible on the nose of the aircraft, and at the end if she still does look like a bunch of pixel then it's meant to be that way :)

What I want to see is a bit of inspiration all wrapped in good standards :)

S.

Lucas_From_Hell
02-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Look, "destructive" isn't exactly the word, Driver.

It might sound "agressive", yes.

I'm a bit tired of arguing with Owl and his lawyer/buddy/BF/whatever, so I'll stop trying to use rational arguments when there's no one listening. Honestly, Owl's posts at least instigate me to reply, yours don't even get there.

I could start the ultimate flame war (and loose some friends :mrgreen:) with a word:

"Yanks..."

...but as I know most aren't like that, I'll just leave the kids happy with your little "victory" or whatever :rolleyes:

philip.ed
02-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Driver, yes I made 7 posts but I said there weren't (or for that matter are) enough Topics for me to wish to reply to; generally because there are rarely any discussions on Owl's forum: and please, take note of the rarely that I have used. Consequently, no advise has been needed. I thought there'd be a lot more going on there but clearly not (and no offence is meant by that). I mean, let's be resonable, when Owl said he could get everyones IP's it was a risky move of me to even join his forum.

And no, I have not written gobbeldy-goop, I have written good English, made sure my replies were well structured, and always justified my opinions. Owl's post should not have been there in thie first place; this is an open forum with the purpose for posts made by users to be discussed. If Owl's post was an announcement, number one he should have said so in the title, and number two he should have avoided posting openly and sent a PM to TD.
I'm not sure what your problem with me is. No doubt now you'll find something wrong with what I just wrote and try and knit-pick my post. I am only posting now in order to justify myself. Ask most members who have posted here, and most of them have agreed with the opinions I wrote. If I were writing in gobbeldy goop, then clearly everyone else is and we need to switch languages ;)

Thanks ;)

nearmiss
02-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Closing this thread it's turned into a personal back and forth kinda thing that is accomplishing...ZIP.