PDA

View Full Version : Oleg or Luthier, in-cockpit graphics effects?

Flyby
02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
I wonder if we will see flames shooting up through the floors, or elsewhere in the cockpits of SoW? I recall watching the BoB movie some years ago, and there were scenes of pilots surrounded by flames as they tried to get out. So far we have not seen pilots in the cockpit views. But even if we don't get the pilots rendered, as in Black Shark, it might be cool to see flames invading the cockpit (as part of a damage model).
just thinking out loud.
Flyby out

=PF=Coastie
02-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Or smoke slowly filling the cockpit until you can't see. Then a cool affect as you slide open the canopy to suck all the smoke out.

Flyby
02-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Or smoke slowly filling the cockpit until you can't see. Then a cool affect as you slide open the canopy to suck all the smoke out.
I'd pay money to see that effect too! :D
Flyby out

Alien
02-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Or flames from front fueltank, which are burning pilot's face brutally in spitfire or hurricane.

Oleg Maddox
02-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Guys,

For all things should be right time - when ready in the almost final quality at least. Untill that time we don't plan to show some of the features.

However what have seen one good french guy, that was in our office on this week - probably you all can read on Check Six forum soon.

Snake_C6
02-19-2010, 10:15 AM
when my review about my visit on your office will be ready I will post a link on this forum :grin:

But now I have to write it and it will be a big work because Oleg shows me all the stuff and it is really awesome :grin::grin:

Flanker35M
02-19-2010, 10:17 AM
S!

Can't wait to read. Thank You for this.

Oleg Maddox
02-19-2010, 10:25 AM
S!

Can't wait to read. Thank You for this.

I have cleared message box for you. You should be fast :)

Oleg Maddox
02-19-2010, 10:29 AM
when my review about my visit on your office will be ready I will post a link on this forum :grin:

But now I have to write it and it will be a big work because Oleg shows me all the stuff and it is really awesome :grin::grin:

Just remember: do not post what I pointed that it is still to early :)

Snake_C6
02-19-2010, 10:33 AM
don't be worry about that :grin:

Flanker35M
02-19-2010, 10:34 AM
S!

You two are dropping a bomb in the community or what? ;)

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Guys,

For all things should be right time - when ready in the almost final quality at least. Untill that time we don't plan to show some of the features.

However what have seen one good french guy, that was in our office on this week - probably you all can read on Check Six forum soon.

Unfortunately I can't speak French... ;)

Snake_C6
02-19-2010, 11:13 AM
I think I will translate the review when it will be done ;)

Flyby
02-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately I can't speak French... ;)
Oleg and Snake
please try to consider the poor Yanks among us (me) who do not have the mastery of the French language, and be sure to publish a link to babblefish or something so we can read this interview. Also, thanks Oleg for replying to this thread.
Flyby out

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Yes, agreed ;)

But look above to Snakes's reply ;) Thanks for that m8, that would be kind of you to translate ;)

Snake_C6
02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
I will do my best guys :-P

Flanker35M
02-19-2010, 12:19 PM
S!

So a double whammy this friday?! C6 article and Oleg's Update on SoW..let the good times roll :)

MikkOwl
02-19-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm sure he doesn't imply it will be done by today. First to fix it up (in French possibly) and then get the French and the English translations out.. Phew. A lot of work (potentially).

But I'm sure we'll get our Friday fix from the Tsar of WW2 sims (or maybe one of his adjutants). If I were them, I would be concerned about the not so polished stuff they had to show the other week, and try to show something reaaaally awesome (graphically) to compensate for it. I'm expecting in game renders of aircraft in particular since they are what the graphics are mainly centered around :).

I'd love to ask them to show more Bf 110 cockpit stuff, and tell me if the rear gunner (Bordfunker) can speak this time in multiplayer, and call out targets + shoot a bit better. I'd absolutely love having a useful speaking AI bordfunker. In MP in IL-2 it feels like I'm flying alone with an automated half-blind sentry gun in the back seat.

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 12:28 PM
S!

So a double whammy this friday?! C6 article and Oleg's Update on SoW..let the good times roll :)

:D I forgot it's Friday today :D

zakkandrachoff
02-19-2010, 01:41 PM
will be great Oil and grass in the instruments. like pearl harbour spitfire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqms-_wuEv4

=PF=Coastie
02-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Oleg, Thank you for keeping in touch with your community. I have great respect for a man as yourself for doing these little things you do to keep in touch. It really does mean a lot.

S! Sir

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Grass in the instruments! Are you sure about that! :D

Zorin
02-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Grass in the instruments! Are you sure about that! :D

I think he meant grease. But I wonder how realistic that would be. Any pilot who values his life would make sure his pit would be in order prior to take-off or not?

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 02:33 PM
I agree. Also, as far as historical accuracy goes, I don't think Pearl Harbour is the best source to go by....;)

RCAF_FB_Orville
02-19-2010, 02:39 PM
I think I will translate the review when it will be done ;)

I think you should, Mon Ami! :) Looking forward to it.

Merci Beucoup!

(Thats all the French I know, being an Ignorant 'Rosbeef'. Err, apart from the English words that are of course French anyway...LMAO :grin:)

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 02:42 PM
I think you should, Mon Ami! :) Looking forward to it.

Merci Beucoup!

(Thats all the French I know, being an Ignorant 'Rosbeef'. Err, apart from the English words that are of course French anyway...LMAO :grin:)

Ditto. I know bonjour as well but that's all I can really remember. Verb tables spring to mind, but I can't remember much vocab

Oleg Maddox
02-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Oleg, Thank you for keeping in touch with your community. I have great respect for a man as yourself for doing these little things you do to keep in touch. It really does mean a lot.

S! Sir

I'm reading really almost everything. I'm not able to answer to all posts. But needs of users, if not crazy(:)) - always was my task to read and to try implement some interesting requests, if only possible. By this way was born Il-2 series. By this way I hope will also born SoW.

Snake_C6
02-19-2010, 02:56 PM
and it will for sure Oleg !!!!
don"t forget your good idea about the toilets :mrgreen:

philip.ed
02-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Per ardua ad astra to that Oleg! :D

BadAim
02-19-2010, 03:57 PM
and it will for sure Oleg !!!!
don"t forget your good idea about the toilets :mrgreen:

Shit happens. :P

ECV56_Lancelot
02-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Ditto. I know bonjour as well but that's all I can really remember. Verb tables spring to mind, but I can't remember much vocab

Thanks goodnew i know french!. And to think that i was insulting my french teacher, with my mouth shut, when i started to learn it! :D

Lucas_From_Hell
02-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Moi, je ne parle pas français pas bien, mais je comprends. Je suis en attente pour votre article.

Surely one of the most beautiful languages in the world, yet a complex ones. Still, as already stated, I can't wait to see the article, Snake!

Romanator21
02-19-2010, 09:43 PM
It's easier than English, and English is my first language (to precise, it was Russian and Ukrainian, but I moved to the US when I was 3). French has a lot of tenses which vary based on sex and number, but at least it's consistent!

Lucas_From_Hell
02-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Romanator, there's no such thing as an language easier than English - it's simple to the point of being ridiculous, actually.

Even speaking Portuguese, to me French can be tricky as hell.

However, speaking a bit of Russian, French looks almost easy :mrgreen: